Del Taco And Five Guys Burgers

I'm familiar with Del Taco. Anyone eaten at a Five Guys Burgers?:

http://bizbuzzblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/05/denton-to-get-two-new-restaura.html

I've been to the 5 guys in Ausitn and it was fantastic! I didn't know it was a chain.

Del Taco and Five Guys Burgers and Fries will open later this year off near South Loop 288, said Steve Ewing, a real estate broker for EDGE Realty Partners in Dallas.

"They should be open later this year in October or November," Ewing said.

The Denton location of Del Taco will be the first Texas restaurant for the California company since they left the state in the 1970s, he said.

Well, that's not right. Del Taco was my first ever job, while I was in high school. I know it's been a long time since I was in high school, but it sure as hell wasn't in the 70s. I stopped working there in '87 and I think the location I worked at finally closed '89 or '90. I can't say I've eaten at Del Taco since '87 and haven't really missed it. I don't really eat much fast food, but it might be nice to try again after all these years.

Edited by gangrene

Being from California, I never understood why anyone liked Del Taco. Not sure how Five Guys will do. Seems like stiff competition in a 2 mile radius with RG, Fuddruckers and now Five Guys.

Preach brother. They're barely a step above Taco Bell, but simply can't compete with Taco Bueno. I won't even denigrate Taco Cabana via a comparison.

• Upvote 2

there's a 5 guys right by my house... it's good. Anyone who's been to Mooyah has basically been to 5 Guys, since it's very apparent Mooyah copied the 5 Guys model. Both serve the burger and fries in a paper bag with a cup of overflowing fries, burgers are the same size served the same way, even taste very similar.

First 5 guys I visited was when I was in Norfolk, Va visiting one of my kids...great stuff...the burgers are cooked to order and you can load 'em up with what you like. Fries are good and portion size is pretty big. There is a Five Guys in the Galleria Mall in Dallas. I am glad to see it coming to Denton, and have to believe it will do well...much better, in my opinion, than Fuddruckers. Fuddruckers is good, but the one in Denton seems, to me, to be a notch below the one's I have visited in other cities/areas.

Bring on Five Guys!

Del Taco uses soy to cut thier "meat". Normally, and for most people, this would be a terrible thing. However, having grown up in Odessa, Tx, where Taco Villa did the exact same thing, this makes me very happy.

Bring on Del Taco! It tastes like Odessa!

(If they us that as a slogan, I want in on that sweet promotion money.)