Gmg.com Bowl Update

KRAM1

Folks...all it took was a brief request to Smitty about adding the year and it was done. You just have to thank him for this, and realize this takes his time away from profitable pursuits to help. I think this year's T-shirt will be a "collectors' item". Again, if you would like a shirt and are not playing just PM me with your size and I'll give you the details regarding how to pay...and through that donate to the scholarship fund.

I'll even let you pick whether you want a GREEN or a WHITE T-Shirt.

Still could use a player or two or three or four...hurry...time is drawing near for the player draft.

GOMEANGREEN.COM BOWL T-SHIRTS ROCK!

Thanks again, Smitty! Nicely done, Sir! clapping.gif

BUMP...Draft is approaching. Please sign up now and get your bio ready for the player draft. Gonna be fun! All the "cool kids" will be there...well, maybe not, but it will be fun...GAME ON!

Our Green Team captain, harry, came up with the idea to ask for possible sponsors for the player T-shirts to help add dollars to the amount going to scholarships. I won't repeat everything in this thread, but will mention that I started a new thread about possible sponsorships in the football section. If interested give that a read and either post there or PM me...I do hope someone can help as it will definitely add to the scholarship dollars raised.

Thanks for considering it. rolleyes.gifwub.gifclapping.gif

Name: Mrs.GreenGoblin

Size- S or M

Height- 5'4"

Weight- (women never admit their true weight)

Age- 30, the only reason you are getting this one is because it's on my profile

40- What's that? J/K

I am still pretty fast in short bursts....very short bursts. Didn't seem to have a problem keeping up last year.

This is my 3rd bowl game. I played for the winning team last year and will be this year too. :)

Hopefully we can get a few more girls to sign up this year so I won't be the only one again.

If I were to play, the team who drafted me should have some sort of head-start points wise because at soccer and football, I'm only good for scoring for my opponents. Now, give me a baseball and I'll kick all your asses. :)

With that ... I think I'll bring my pom-pons and just cheer.

• Upvote 1

OK having just seen this I am in since you still seem to need players. The only thing that could prevent me from playing is if there is a rescheduled baseball game that day for one of my kids. In that case I would still be happy to get the shirt.

Name - Army of Dad

T-shirt size - XL

Height - Listed as 6' but really 5' 10"

Weight - about 35 pounds more than what I played at

40 speed - I can't chug a 12 ounce beer, I have no chance at a 40.

Age - 33

I still think my high school coach was full of it, I do have good hands.

I will likely be playing in front of my kids and therefore trying not to curse or play poorly.

• Upvote 1

OK having just seen this I am in since you still seem to need players. The only thing that could prevent me from playing is if there is a rescheduled baseball game that day for one of my kids. In that case I would still be happy to get the shirt.

Name - Army of Dad

T-shirt size - XL

Height - Listed as 6' but really 5' 10"

Weight - about 35 pounds more than what I played at

40 speed - I can't chug a 12 ounce beer, I have no chance at a 40.

Age - 33

I still think my high school coach was full of it, I do have good hands.

I will likely be playing in front of my kids and therefore trying not to curse or play poorly.

As his wife, I CAN vouch for the good hands. The promise not to curse ... well, that is up in the air.

• Upvote 2

My first ever post! I'm in for this game...

Name - UNTQB11

T-Shirt - XL

Height - 6'2"

Weight - A different 230 than a 5yrs ago

40 Speed - Qbs don't run 40s

Age - 28

I didn't meet my wife until after college, I might have to show off.

I've only thrown the football a few times since '05.

I'm glad my dad told me about this event and there is an opportunity to get involve for this Drew's fundraiser.

I will be flying in from Seattle that day, I'll need a lot of warming up!

• Upvote 3

My first ever post! I'm in for this game...

Name - UNTQB11

T-Shirt - XL

Height - 6'2"

Weight - A different 230 than a 5yrs ago

40 Speed - Qbs don't run 40s

Age - 28

I didn't meet my wife until after college, I might have to show off.

I've only thrown the football a few times since '05.

I'm glad my dad told me about this event and there is an opportunity to get involve for this Drew's fundraiser.

I will be flying in from Seattle that day, I'll need a lot of warming up!

If this is the #11 I'm thinking of can we just concede the game now and have an autograph session?

If this is the #11 I'm thinking of can we just concede the game now and have an autograph session?

No no, I want my chance to catch (and maybe drop) some passes from a former DI QB. I haven't been able to do that since from high school and my old QB eventually got converted to a middle linebacker.

• Upvote 1

OK, two ways to go on this now that we have the GREAT UNT #11 joining us for the game...can't wait to "get it on"!

As "Commissioner"...I just knew there would be a benefit to this position sooner or later we can handle this a few way:

1) First pick in the draft goes to the coach who pays the commissioner the biggest bribe or provides the most beer!

2) Commissioner can do a coin toss for the first pick (witnessed, of course, by a person or persons of unquestionable morality (which leaves out everyone who posts on GMG.com)

3) we can have UNTQB11 play for both teams...playing one-half for each squad.

I know which way

I would go, but as this has been a fairly "open" game, I am willing to listen to which option the majority of those playing would like...if you are playing and have listed such, vote away....if you are thinking about playing, maybe this new addition will help make up your mind...if so, post your bio and VOTE for #1,2, or three above! You can vote with a PM to me, as we did the playing date and time, or you can post here in the "open"...you decide.

BTW...player draft will be next Sunday, MAY 2nd...after that t-shirts will be ordered in the proper size and color...

GONNA BE GREAT FUN...come out and play (sign-up first please), come out and tailgate or come out and watch the fun (and maybe make a donation to the scholarship fund...not required, of course)...but it should be a great day of fun for the GMG.com Nation....I'm bringing my stadium "hard hat" and will ask UNTQB11 to sign it.....

Edited by KRAM1

OK, two ways to go on this now that we have the GREAT UNT #11 joining us for the game...can't wait to "get it on"!

As "Commissioner"...I just knew there would be a benefit to this position sooner or later we can handle this a few way:

1) First pick in the draft goes to the coach who pays the commissioner the biggest bride or provides the most beer!

2) Commissioner can do a coin toss for the first pick (witnessed, of course, by a person or persons of unquestionable morality (which leaves out everyone who posts on GMG.com)

3) we can have UNTQB11 play for both teams...playing one-half for each squad.

I know which way i would go, but as this has been a fairly "open" game, I am willing to listen to which option the majority of those playing would like...if you are playing and have listed such, vote away....if you are thinking about playing, maybe this new addition will help make up your mind...if so, post your bio and VOTE for #1,2, or three above! You can vote with a PM to me, as we did the playing date and time, or you can post here in the "open"...you decide.

BTW...player draft will be next Sunday, MAY 2nd...after that t-shirts will be ordered in the proper size and color...

GONNA BE GREAT FUN...come out and play (sign-up first please), come out and tailgate or come out and watch the fun (and maybe make a donation to the scholarship fund...not required, of course)...but it should be a great day of fun for the GMG.com Nation....I'm bringing my stadium "hard hat" and will ask UNTQB11 to sign it.....

What an odd bribe request.

I vote for option #3.

Will Green P1 get to brag about sacking a D1 Conference Champion QB twice in one game?

So, I tried to even it out a bit by inviting Jordan Case to QB the other squad. How great would a Jordan Case VS Scott Hall duel be in the 7th annual GMG.com Bowl???? I called Park Place Lexus and left a message for Jordan. I got a prompt and very nice return call...however, the answer was not so good. Unfortunately Jordan is having double knee replacement surgery just a couple of days prior to the event.

I said, great, so he'll be ready to go in 2 or 3 days, right? Anyway, it just didn't work out this time due to the surgery, but I did invite him to the game should he be up to it that soon.

So, we are back to the dilemma of how we handle the player draft/Scott Hall pick. The voting is still open and I have had only a slight few votes. You know how it goes, if you don't vote you shouldn't complain about the results. laugh.gif

Really, I'm just looking for a tad bit of help in how best to make that call....Anyone have any other ex-player types who you might can get to play to help offset the "Hall effect"?

Edited by KRAM1