Anyone Else Feel Like We Got Screwed Over....

I know that anyone can agree that North Texas should be thrilled to be in any type of postseason play of any kind in any type of sport. It is what it is, a privilege.

I mean we have the best season in our program's history and we are in the same numbered seeding with Robert Morris, and Morgan State, what???? And SHSU and Montana, and Wofford have better rankings.

But I seriously have doubts that we really are a #15 seed. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I know that anyone can agree that North Texas should be thrilled to be in any type of postseason play of any kind in any type of sport. It is what it is, a privilege.

I mean we have the best season in our program's history and we are in the same numbered seeding with Robert Morris, and Morgan State, what???? And SHSU and Montana, and Wofford have better rankings.

But I seriously have doubts that we really are a #15 seed. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

See my post titled UNT as compared to Sam Houston State. I'm not usually a big S@#T talker but I think if we went head to head with Sam right now we'd have em pushin up daisy's by the second half... Just my opinion...

No issues with Wofford, SHSU, or Montana really. All have similar, if not superior, resumes to us....don't judge based on their name. Well, we should probably be above Montana...

The schools I'm most irritated by are Ohio and Houston. Both basically sucked it up in their leagues and got decent seeds

Edited by CMJ

No issues with Wofford, SHSU, or Montana really. All have similar, if not superior, resumes to us....don't judge based on their name. Well, we should probably be above Montana...

The schools I'm most irritated by are Ohio and Houston. Both basically sucked it up in their leagues and got decent seeds

U of H is still a prominent basketball team man. Sure they are living on their name a bit but they've been a basketball powerhouse for quite a while...

I don't think so. We did not have the ooc wins, and we did not dominate teams up and down the floor when we should have. Playmaker, I don't see your post as negative, but how many people outside of this board, and hopefully the team, really believe

we are going to beat KSU. We are not even talked about as "you better watch out for North Texas, they are a dangerous basketball team, who dominated their conference, knocked off both Conf USA and Big XII team in out of conference play...blah, blah, blah". If there were that kind of talk, then I would completely agree. We and Lehigh are looked at as warm-ups so that Kansas and Kansas State are the big draw tv game Saturday.

FWIW, I am going to OKC believing we can win. Yes, I am a realist, and I have watched our opponent. But if we as fans do not believe in the team and program , then I think it hinders the team in believing in themselves.

Edited by Green Dozer

I wonder how much the regional location led to our seeding over anything else....don't get me wrong, I'd love to be playing a 3,4,5 seed right now rather than KSU (who I think is a strong 2 seed)...but I'm ok with that seed if it means a chance to actually see our team play closer to home (OKC).