Woman Sets Goal To Weigh 1000 Lbs.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aims-to-become-worlds-fattest

Grocery bill---$815 a week, but she makes money from a website where men pay to watch her eat fast food? Yeah, if we're not in the "end times"....we should be.

• Upvote 2

Not to worry...she won't be around long if she keeps this crap up! Every society has their share of "whack-o's"...this is just an example of one our "ours". She isn't he only one and she won't be the last, but they are all fringe "players" and not to concern yourself over.

Good Grief...how can someone be so insecure as to do this crap?

Not to worry...she won't be around long if she keeps this crap up! Every society has their share of "whack-o's"...this is just an example of one our "ours". She isn't he only one and she won't be the last, but they are all fringe "players" and not to concern yourself over.

Isn't this where the question goes?

Would you? Mmmm Good.

Survival of the fittest still applies.

Don't we all like puns? :D

she is whack-o but what about all the whack jobs that spend money to watch her eat? Aren't they just as deranged?

she is whack-o but what about all the whack jobs that spend money to watch her eat? Aren't they just as deranged?

I was thinking of the poor rescue service people the would be called when she has a heart attack in bed and they have to pull the chain saws out to cut the doors.

Rick do you see much of this kind of thing, and what do you have to put a disaster like this on to move them out of the room?

Edited by KingDL1

I was thinking of the poor rescue service people the would be called when she has a heart attack in bed and they have to pull the chain saws out to cut the doors.

Rick do you see much of this kind of thing, and what do you have to put a disaster like this on to move them out of the room?

I doubt that she makes it if she has a heart attack. You would probably need a generator to power the paddles. And getting her moved would require a forklift and a flat bed pickup.

Not meaning to be gross here but: When I read about people like this......especially if they get so big that they are in bed....or on a couch....because they can't move. (and apparently this gal isn't there yet....but she's heading that way). Anyway, who "cleans up" after them. Because if they're eating that much.....they're pooping a lot....so if they can't make it to the throne....who wants the job of that clean up operation?

Not meaning to be gross here but: When I read about people like this......especially if they get so big that they are in bed....or on a couch....because they can't move. (and apparently this gal isn't there yet....but she's heading that way). Anyway, who "cleans up" after them. Because if they're eating that much.....they're pooping a lot....so if they can't make it to the throne....who wants the job of that clean up operation?

Probably the same people who pay to watch her eat.

Do we ever! We call them "Two Company Jobs" or "Tarp Jobs" for obvious reasons. It takes a minimum of 8 of us to move them although the largest thus far was a guy who weighed an estimated 1,000 lbs and it took 16 FF's, EMS and PD personnel to load him into the back of a pick up truck just so he and his family could move to another city. The best part about that guy though was he could roll around and got onto the tarp for us and we didn't have to take the door frame out of it's jam to get him through. The truck's bumper was dragging the ground when they drove off so who knows if they made it?

Usually they have to be moved quite a bit if they're bed ridden in a nursing home or at home because they are in constant need of medical attention and have to be transported. All ambulances have removable gurney hardware which are the locking devices that hold the gurney's in place during transport. We load them on tarps, take out the gurney's and hardware and slide them up into the ambulances. Then once at the hospital another couple of fire companies have to meet the ambulance there to help off load.

And as far as SUMG's question about the messes, you don't want to know.

Rick

Do we ever! We call them "Two Company Jobs" or "Tarp Jobs" for obvious reasons. It takes a minimum of 8 of us to move them although the largest thus far was a guy who weighed an estimated 1,000 lbs and it took 16 FF's, EMS and PD personnel to load him into the back of a pick up truck just so he and his family could move to another city. The best part about that guy though was he could roll around and got onto the tarp for us and we didn't have to take the door frame out of it's jam to get him through. The truck's bumper was dragging the ground when they drove off so who knows if they made it?

Usually they have to be moved quite a bit if they're bed ridden in a nursing home or at home because they are in constant need of medical attention and have to be transported. All ambulances have removable gurney hardware which are the locking devices that hold the gurney's in place during transport. We load them on tarps, take out the gurney's and hardware and slide them up into the ambulances. Then once at the hospital another couple of fire companies have to meet the ambulance there to help off load.

And as far as SUMG's question about the messes, you don't want to know.

Rick

I used to dive with some EMS/EMT guys that worked for CareFlight they told me you would not believe the smell something you can never forget.

Another news report (with a video):

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/dpgonc-donna-simpson-attempting-to-become-worlds-fattest-woman-fc-20100315

Here are some parts I thought were interesting.

Simpson insists she is healthy, even though she can't walk and has to move around with the help of a motorized scooter.

Wow, really? I insist that she is detached from reality.

"I love eating and people love watching me eat,' she told the British newspaper."It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone."

Not hurting a person, but I feel bad for that house you live in. Can't be doing the foundation any favors.

"I'd love to be 1,000 pounds," said Simpson. "It might be hard though. Running after my daughter keeps my weight down."

Does anyone believe that she is running anywhere?