North Texas Official Athletic Site

GrandGreen

As anyone else noticed that the UNT athletics site has not published anything since Aug 1? Nothing about the start of football season. It seems to me that this is one of the cheapest and best ways to sell your program. They maybe planning to improve the physical format of the site but if they do not improve the information provided it won't be worth the effort.

As anyone else noticed that the UNT athletics site has not published anything since Aug 1?  Nothing about the start of football season.   It seems to me that this is one of the cheapest and best ways to sell your program.  They maybe planning to improve the physical format of the site but if they do not improve the information provided it won't  be worth the effort.

You're right, it is embarrassing. Look at the other division I college athletic websites... wacko.gif

I try not to criticize the folks in the Athletics department for obvious reasons, but I have written and asked why the soccer web site has the recruits showing the class who are now juniors! If you don't want to post that information, I can understand, but you should take down the out of date data. I know that potential recruits look at the web site and this is the time of year when that happens. I've not gotten a response from the web master.

I've read on this board that they might be getting ready to have a new design could that be the reason?

What is going on at the Mean Green web headquarters? *crickets chirping*

Seriously, what is up with MTSU - goblueraiders.com??? Every single day they have an in-depth writeup, pitcures and comments from the coaches from practice. As much as I appreciate the eagle eye (oops.. mean green report) , our Athletic dept. needs to be doing this as well. It basically shows people that they could care less about showing the fans and those interested what is going on behind the scenes and in practice in Mean Green country.

GMG!

I'll cut to the chase. I don't think our SID is doing a very good job. We need someone like Brian Briscoe who has the local media contacts. How come all these other coaches are being interviewed on radio and TV and Dickey never is? I know that has nothing to do with the web page and frankly I'm surprised at the delay in unveiling the new web site. RV previewed it at the last state of the union meeting and I had the impression that it would be up in a month or so. I agree that for a school of our size, the athletic web page is pitiful. If it wasn't for one coach's willingness to talk to a few greenbackers off the record we wouldn't get any information from the coaching staff at all. PR remains Dickeys's achilles heel. And am I the only one who senses that RV has lost his enthusiasm and will be out of here at the first opportunity.

RV previewed it at the last state of the union meeting and I had the impression that it would be up in a month or so.  I agree that for a school of our size, the athletic web page is pitiful.  If it wasn't for one coach's willingness to talk to a few greenbackers off the record we wouldn't get any information from the coaching staff at all.  PR remains Dickeys's achilles heel.  And am I the only one who senses that RV has lost his enthusiasm and will be out of here at the first opportunity.

As far as RV losing his enthusiasm, I suspect to some extent that may be true, but in the context of what he has done thus far, I'm willing to reserve judgement a little here. I think that the GMG fiasco whereby he said he wouldn't post anymore kind of left a bad taste in his mouth as for sharing info. HOWEVER, there is just no excuse for the website not be updated and current information dissemenated to the fans. ESPECIALLY when people have volunteered to give their time Free of charge.

I sent him an email now probably over a month ago and haven't heard back. That's only a good sign if he is doing something really important that is taking up all of his time. Maybe he is - I don't know, all I know is that we would like to know the status on things like this, especially when we haven't heard anything much in a long time.

GMG!

ESPECIALLY when people have volunteered to give their time Free of charge.

I offered my services free of charge as well, here was his response on July 21st:

"I will be in touch as we move forward with this new site. "

I hope that they are close to finishing the site and just decided not to contact me, that would be fine, but if they haven't even started the revised site then we are months away from anything new.

I know that these guys are busy, that's why we offered our time.

I think July and August is probably the busiest time of year in the athletic department. They have to prepare the media guide and press info, send out ticket brochures and renewal mailings, coordinate fall team travel and finish schedules, find advertising $$, prep the facilities, get ready for a new school year for athletes, etc., etc.

Still with all that said, yes, communication with fans must remain a priority. They must dedicate a web-master who has the time available to keep the site current and informative. And with volunteers available, those offers must be used.

As far as RV burning out, I don't think so yet. Fall offers a new start and optomism for staff, players, and fans alike. RV has given us the plans and goals we've wanted, all we have to do now is show up at games and bring friends and donate $$. There are many places the grass is greener, we just have to show we are going in that direction too.

Rick V came and addressed my Fraternity's alumni group in early July. Trust me, he has not lost any enthusiasm! He commented on the proposed new Hall of Champions and athletic complex, the Liberty Christian project, and the Fouts Field future renovation. He stressed that none of this could be accomplished without the support of the alumni, an increase in season ticket sales, and an increase in membership in the Mean Green Club. When he arrived here there were only 50 members in the MG Club. They have signed up over 250 new members this summer. So, if you haven't joined, please do so. This will help the athletic department reach its goals. The only thing the other's have over us athletically is superior facilities.

I'll cut to the chase.  I don't think our SID is doing a very good job.  We need someone like Brian Briscoe who has the local media contacts.  How come all these other coaches are being interviewed on radio and TV and Dickey never is?

You guys want to complain about a website designed by Sean Johnson!

I think Eric Capper is doing a great job. I will agree the current website is weak, but I will wait and pass my judgement when the new website is unveiled.

Randy Cummings and Jerry Scott are in charge of the new website and they have both told me that the new website will be posted soon.

I hope to see more daily informtion and an expanded multimedia section.

Video highlights, audio interviews, and daily new updates, etc.

I don't know if they are planning on doing this, but I know where they can get it done!

You guys want to complain about a website designed by Sean Johnson!

I don't know or care who Sean Johnson is, the point is that people have contacted him (or whoever the webmaster is) trying to give him a hand (free of charge) because the current site(s) needs a significant amount help.

Great news about the new site being up soon, we all have high expectations.