Perry -- Hutcheson -- Medina

I am not convinced that Medina won't sneak in against Perry. (she has a lot of rabid supporters that thinks she will cut taxes** despite the fact we are already now 49th in state taxes now, Mississippi is lower per capita) 10 years is enough of Perry in my opinion, but I expect him survive. He will easily defeat Medina in a run-off but KBH would give him a rougher time... if she can even made the run-off.

Bill White wins an easy victory on the other side.. against a long list of no-name candidates and Shami. .

(my opinions)

**can't imagine how since we are about leanest running state anyway. [close state parks, not fix highways, close or barely fund colleges not in UT/A&M system ( they don't share in university land fund) ] ??? Do they really understand the situation?

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I am not convinced that Medina won't sneak in against Perry. (she has a lot of rabid supporters that thinks she will cut taxes** despite the fact we are already now 49th in state taxes now, Mississippi is lower per capita) 10 years is enough of Perry in my opinion, but I expect him survive. He will easily defeat Medina in a run-off but KBH would give him a rougher time... if she can even made the run-off.

Bill White wins an easy victory on the other side.. against a long list of no-name candidates and Shami. .

(my opinions)

**can't imagine how since we are about leanest running state anyway. [close state parks, not fix highways, close or barely fund colleges not in UT/A&M system ( they don't share in university land fund) ] ??? Do they really understand the situation?

I am not sure why you care, last I checked you were spouting some crazy liberal agenda, not like you would vote for any of above republicans anyway.

Low taxes is not the same as low revenues, low taxes attract business and growth. Plus high taxes do not guarantee more money for parks and schools. New York has some of the highest taxes in the land, and they are deep in debt. They haven't had money to fund their parks department for years, they used to have great parks in the state. Their Appalachian trail used to be incredible to hike. But the last ten plus years the parks have lost all funding in favor of extreme social programs that bleed them dry. So these once wonderful trails are now over grown and the foot bridges, steps, and other improvements these trails once had are falling apart.

Maybe you would be better off living in New York, maybe California where you can feel better and pay much higher taxes.

Edited by Green Gas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I'd bet SE-66 votes in the republican primary, unless he lives in Dallas county. Even if your an ultra-liberal, voting in the democratic primary, at least in Tarrant County, means a selection of about 7 candidates. Many of the local elections are decided in the republican primary with no democrat opponent.

As far as the big race, same old, same old. Perry and Hutchinson in the run-off, thanks to Medina's Palin moment.

Neither a good choice.

And the democrat candidate really doesnt matter.

• Upvote 2

I'd bet SE-66 votes in the republican primary, unless he lives in Dallas county. Even if your an ultra-liberal, voting in the democratic primary, at least in Tarrant County, means a selection of about 7 candidates. Many of the local elections are decided in the republican primary with no democrat opponent.

As far as the big race, same old, same old. Perry and Hutchinson in the run-off, thanks to Medina's Palin moment.

Neither a good choice.

And the democrat candidate really doesnt matter.

I sure wish KBH stood a chance against Perry. I would much rather have her in there. I will be voting for Bill White which in this state means I might as well write in Snow White. No Democrat stands a chance. I will say as a Houstonian (ok fine South Side Place) I think Bill White did an incredible job and would make a terriffic Governor.

• Upvote 2

I sure wish KBH stood a chance against Perry. I would much rather have her in there. I will be voting for Bill White which in this state means I might as well write in Snow White. No Democrat stands a chance. I will say as a Houstonian (ok fine South Side Place) I think Bill White did an incredible job and would make a terriffic Governor.

I'm intending to vote White, but I'd rather vote KBH. I don't like Perry thanks to his TTC and toll roads fiasco, Medina's "abolish all property tax" thing makes me wonder how she'd intend to pay for local services. On the other hand, Farouk Shami's "100,000 jobs or bust" line sounds like BS, and I don't see a man with a name anything remotely Middle Eastern being voted for in Texas. KBH is really only marginally better than Perry and I don't think White's going to win because of his decision to run Democrat even if he's run for mayor as moderate in the past.

The way I saw the primary was a vote for Medina or KBH was a vote against Perry. So, if there is a runoff, hopefully everyone that voted for Medina or KBH pour their votes into whoever is facing off against Perry and maybe it's enough to beat him.

Neither a good choice.

And the democrat candidate really doesn't matter.

It's democratic.

I voted in the republican primary for the first time. I feel kind of dirty.

Early returns look very good for Perry. He's going to make a run for the White House in 2 years and I think he stands a good chance at getting the Republican nod. Republicans won't vote for Romney. They just won't. Palin seems too fringe. And Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican. Perry has money and the same charm Bush had. Also, he will go negative early and often.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's democratic.

Early returns look very good for Perry. He's going to make a run for the White House in 2 years and I think he stands a good chance at getting the Republican nod. Republicans won't vote for Romney. They just won't. Palin seems too fringe. And Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican. Perry has money and the same charm Bush had. Also, he will go negative early and often.

Intellence or arrogance?

I report, you decide. And I refuse to use the word democratic to describe the Democrat party.

No way in hell the Republicans nominate "Big hair" Perry for President. He is George W. Bush Ultra Light in national conservative circles. Although if Pres. Obama continues on the current course, George W. Bush Ultra Light may be what the country will be desiring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I am not sure why you care, last I checked you were spouting some crazy liberal agenda, not like you would vote for any of above republicans anyway.

Low taxes is not the same as low revenues, low taxes attract business and growth. Plus high taxes do not guarantee more money for parks and schools. New York has some of the highest taxes in the land, and they are deep in debt. They haven't had money to fund their parks department for years, they used to have great parks in the state. Their Appalachian trail used to be incredible to hike. But the last ten plus years the parks have lost all funding in favor of extreme social programs that bleed them dry. So these once wonderful trails are now over grown and the foot bridges, steps, and other improvements these trails once had are falling apart.

Maybe you would be better off living in New York, maybe California where you can feel better and pay much higher taxes.

--Now I am considered a liberal because I opposed the last administration doubling the national debt. That seems like a conservative item to me. There is a sign in my yard supporting a GOP local judge and a supreme court (GOP) candidate was in my den when the Cowboys lost to Minnesota. You have no clue... I served as an election judge today for 14+ hours... What did you do besides post messages. .

True -- I don't care for Perry... He is killing education and increasing tuition and causing local taxes to be raised like crazy by cutting state funding.... despite his claims. You have no clue about anything about me.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I like that we are getting a new football stadium. Perry signed the bill. He gets my vote.

And it was the governor office that added the amendment that puts a life span on the Athletic Fee. However, Perry made it a stadium fee, not an athletic fee. I wanted someone else for governor as I wanted to see new leadership. 10 years is more than enough. I really hope he doesn't decide on another 4 years in 2014.

--Now I am considered a liberal because I opposed the last administratio doubling the nataional debt. That seems like a conservative item to me. There is a sign in my yard supporting a GOP local judge and a supreme court (GOP) candidate was in my den when the Cowboys lost to Minnesota. You have no clue... I served as an election judge today 14+ hours... What did you do besides post messages. .

True -- I don't care for Perry... He is killing education and increasing tuition and causing local taxes to be raised like crazy by cutting state funding.... despite his claims. You have no clue about anything about me.

I have read your liberal dribble for the past few years on here, I have yet to see a political remark from you that didn't ooze with liberal sediment. If you think you are remotely conservative you are delusional, and I must know you better then you know yourself.

BTW - I have served as an election Judge twice -- woo, even had the little course twice. Though today I had to work a real job for only 12 hours, that means I didn't stand around with a clipboard all day acting important.

So please don't piss down my back and tell me it is raining.

Edited by Green Gas
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

And it was the governor office that added the amendment that puts a life span on the Athletic Fee. However, Perry made it a stadium fee, not an athletic fee. I wanted someone else for governor as I wanted to see new leadership. 10 years is more than enough. I really hope he doesn't decide on another 4 years in 2014.

Yes, Perry did change the fee, but we're still getting the stadium. We will be paying off the stadium for a long time, so we will have an athletic budget that can grow for a long time. More than enough time to acquire a dedicated fee.

10 years is a long time for a Governor, but I don't see a better alternative.

He can't. Besides, if you heard his acceptance speech, it's obvious that he thinks he is going to make a run at the White House in 2012.

It's democratic.

No, in fact it is "democrat". You are a democrat and a member of the democrat party. That is no slur...sorry you seem to take it that way. If you voted in the Republican primary, then you probably had to wait in line for the first time. laugh.gif

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

By the way...can we all agree that Hutcheson is "toast" and that her political career is over?

We'll find out in 22 months. It almost sounded like she may not even run for US Senate re-election based on an article yesterday in the DaMN quoting Cornyn.

We'll find out in 22 months. It almost sounded like she may not even run for US Senate re-election based on an article yesterday in the DaMN quoting Cornyn.

She would be 69 years old.... I doubt she will run again... I think she just wants to come home to Texas ...thus she ran for Gov.

Some of these retirements (both parties) involve age.... they have just had enough and want to take it easy....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1