Cuurent Seeds

UNTflyer

I think it works out this way...

5 teams sit at 10-5. UNT, MTSU, Troy, A-State, and FAU.

FAU would win the East, A-State would win the West by virtue of their tie-breakers.

Troy has beat MTSU twice, so you would think that eliminates MTSU from consideration of the #3 seed, and since we beat Troy we would get the #3 spot.

However, the tie-breaking rules clearly state " in the event of a three-way tie, the won-loss percentage of the tied teams against each other is first considered;"

Troy has a .666 record against UNT and MTSU (they beat MTSU twice). UNT has a .500 record, and MTSU has a .333 record.

#1 goes to FAU

#2 goes to A-State

#3 goes to Troy.

#4 goes to UNT.

#5 goes to MTSU.

#6 goes to WKU

#7 goes to ULL

#8 goes to Denver

#9 goes to S Alabama

#10 goes to ULM

#11 goes to FIU

#12 goes to UALR

#13 goes to New Orleans

Assuming the higher seed wins, our path to the NCAA tournament is:

New Orleans -> MTSU -> FAU -> A-State

Of course, there are still some games to play but man what a mess the Sun Belt is right now.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 2

I think it works out this way...

5 teams sit at 10-5. UNT, MTSU, Troy, A-State, and FAU.

FAU would win the East, A-State would win the West by virtue of their tie-breakers.

Troy has beat MTSU twice, so you would think that eliminates MTSU from consideration of the #3 seed.

However, the tie-breaking rules clearly state " in the event of a three-way tie, the won-loss percentage of the tied teams against each other is first considered;"

Troy has a .666 record against UNT and MTSU (they beat MTSU twice). UNT has a .500 record, and MTSU has a .333 record.

#1 goes to FAU

#2 goes to A-State

#3 goes to Troy.

#4 goes to UNT.

#5 goes to MTSU.

#6 goes to WKU

#7 goes to ULL

#8 goes to Denver

#9 goes to S Alabama

#10 goes to ULM

#11 goes to FIU

#12 goes to UALR

#13 goes to New Orleans

Assuming the higher seed wins, our path to the NCAA tournament is:

New Orleans -> MTSU -> FAU -> A-State

Of course, there are still some games to play but man what a mess the Sun Belt is right now.

What a mess is right!

Plus, the contenders play each other:

- ArkSt has WKU and Troy (both at home) to play;

- FAU has Troy (A) and MTSU (H)

- Troy has FAU (H) and ASU (A)

- MTSU has FAU (away)

- WKU has ArkSt and FAU (both away)

Anything can happen. Including that I might have gotten this right.

Yes, but don't get your hopes up quite yet. cool.gif

I'll get my hopes up a bit more with each win down the stretch...starting, I hope, with this Saturday's game. Who will be attending to cheer on the Mean Green? Had to change some plans already made for that afternoon, but my bride and I will be there to yell "OH-DUE-FA-WAH" with each basket and rebound George puts up and takes down. OK, we'll be cheering for the rest of the team as well! smile.gif

What kind of turnout can we expect from the Pit Crew? The time certainly does not interfere with "date night" in any way it seems to me, it isn't spring break, exams are not "in session", it's not a "school night", the team is winning, etc., etc. Can we expect a large and rowdy turnout from the Pit Crew? Sure hope so...I think a big Pit Crew crowd is worth 6 or more points at least for the Mean Green (don't ask how I can up with that number...I have no clue but looks good anyway)...now about the "townie" and alum turnout...can we get some rears in the seats for this game? Can we go over 3500 on a Saturday afternoon? Man, sure hope so...big and loud crowds is VERY Good things for the Mean Green.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Excellent. Looking forward to that second round match-up with Baylor.

:lol:

We're gonna get a bad matchup whoever we draw, but I really don't like the way we'd match up against the Devils. Scheyer towers over Josh, AND he is extremely careful with the ball(check out his gaudy assist to turnover pecentage). We could arguably match their athletiicism, if no exceed it, but I don't think we could have a defensive answer for Kyle Singler's ability to score inside/outside. Maybe we could throw Alzee on Nolan Smith. We definitely don't have anyone big enough to challenge Zoubek down low.

Edited by CMJ

:lol:

We're gonna get a bad matchup whoever we draw, but I really don't like the way we'd match up against the Devils. Scheyer towers over Josh, AND he is extremely careful with the ball(check out his gaudy assist to turnover pecentage). We could arguably match their athletiicism, if no exceed it, but I don't think we could have a defensive answer for Kyle Singler's ability to score inside/outside. Maybe we could throw Alzee on Nolan Smith. We definitely don't have anyone big enough to challenge Zoubek down low.

I think you are forgetting that our job as posters on this board is to exude effusive positivity. If we lose this game, it will fall squarely on the shoulders of those posters who did not showcase enough sunshine.

(but seriously, I agree with your break-down of this potential game)

Oh trust me - if we get to the Dance and draw Duke, by gametime I will be convinced we'll win the game & will trot out videos on youtube of Richmond/Syracuse, Santa Clara/Arizona, Coppin State/South Carolina, & Hampton/Iowa State. But I'm still sane at this point. :D

Edited by CMJ

According to the Sun Belt website, MTSU has the lead in the east, not FAU... :ph34r: If that is the case, we might still have the #3 seed. The sun belt tiebreak rules are not the clearest ever written, but at this point in the year, I would think the official standings would have them taken into account...

Sun Belt Standings

According to the Sun Belt website, MTSU has the lead in the east, not FAU... :ph34r: If that is the case, we might still have the #3 seed. The sun belt tiebreak rules are not the clearest ever written, but at this point in the year, I would think the official standings would have them taken into account...

Sun Belt Standings

This can't possibly be right. MTSU is 0-3 against Troy and FAU, with the 4th game pending.

There's no way they can win a multi-way or head-to-head tiebreaker with those two teams for the East crown under ANY system described elsewhere on the SBC site.

I know it's on the official SBC website, but it makes absolutely zero sense.

This can't possibly be right. MTSU is 0-3 against Troy and FAU, with the 4th game pending.

There's no way they can win a multi-way or head-to-head tiebreaker with those two teams for the East crown under ANY system described elsewhere on the SBC site.

I know it's on the official SBC website, but it makes absolutely zero sense.

I agree with you. I guess my expectations of the Sun Belt to do the logical thing and have the tiebreakers applied to the "official" standings are just way too high...

Edited by Mean Green Matt

I agree with you. I guess my expectations of the Sun Belt to do the logical thing and have the tiebreakers applied to the "official" standings are just way too high...

I'm not surprised that they haven't gotten to that point yet... I'd imagine they'll start doing that (or at least posting some "If/Then" situations) after Saturday's games, if for no other reason than to make it easy for media folks to tell stories without having to put forth the effort to decipher the situation themselves.