An Illustration Of A Point

emmitt01

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42953

Note the change in tone once the commitment to NT. This illustates, despite the insistence of many that they are all swell guys, why SMU is such an easy rival.

Hey, I've spent time over at the SMOO board too. The first guy badmouthing Bellazin was basically expressing disinterest in SMU football after they lost to Washington State early in the season; "General Patton"; I guess he came back and nobody remembers him trash talking their program just a few months ago. Every program has its bandwagoners, I guess.

I for one don't care for SMU. It's nothing personal, if someone says they are from SMU I don't immediately dislike that person. But I don't root for them and wish their sports teams nothing but failure. I can't speak for myself how i would feel if UNT were once ranked highly and in the SWC, only to get kicked to the curb of the WAC, now CUSA but their ridiculous attitudes back when they were in the WAC made me dislike them more. I remembered when they were aghast that Boise State would be joining the WAC. Never mind their team was horrible and Boise was on the rise. Made me smile when Boise came to town and smacked them around.

Having said that, it's a kick in the crotch to watch them have June Jones. It was only a matter of time before they began to win, kudos to them for making that bold move. On the other hand, you got what you deserved when you hired Matt "ill be here five minutes" Doherty.

Half the fun of sports is having teams you don't like.

And I don't like'm.

Edited by meanrob

I just enjoyed reading how he was a beast who could come in and dominate one minute...and then a surefire academic casualty with no talent the next. 2014 can't get here soon enough.

As did I...their fragile egos just couldn't handle the idea that a highly-regarded prospect would actually choose UNT over their precious SMU, especially on the heels of their glorious Hawai'i Bowl win.

As a relevant side note, the family and I were out viewing the HP area Christmas lights back in December. The damn GPS took me the wrong way, but it was soooo worth it when the GPS voice told me to take a left on "Smoo" Blvd!!! Everyone in the car just busted out laughing.

As did I...their fragile egos just couldn't handle the idea that a highly-regarded prospect would actually choose UNT over their precious SMU, especially on the heels of their glorious Hawai'i Bowl win.

As a relevant side note, the family and I were out viewing the HP area Christmas lights back in December. The damn GPS took me the wrong way, but it was soooo worth it when the GPS voice told me to take a left on "Smoo" Blvd!!! Everyone in the car just busted out laughing.

That's the best thing anyone has said about GPS navigation in a while.

How do you afford GPs Navigation? YOU MUST BE ONE OF THEM!!!!!kfsrngerwfwie!