Colt Mccoy

adman

I didn't care one way or the other how the game would turn out. I even predicted that 'Bama would win by 21 pts. (a stretch, I know). I do believe that Texas played with one arm tied behind their backs. You just can't throw a frosh QB into a game of this magnitude and not have mistakes. Say four interceptions by 'Bama. Gilbert played a whale of a ballgame considering the circumstances; he and Texas should hold their heads high. With McCoy playing the entire game, who knows what the outcome may have been. Personally, I think 'Bama's win was tainted somewhat because of McCoy being out. But..........'Bama played a great game. Good ole smash mouth football. Arm tackle Ingram? I couldn't believe how many missed "arm tackles" Texas defenders made last night.Speaking of McCoy, I really thought he was all class during his post-game interview after the game. Congratulated 'Bama on two occasions, and accepted no excuses for the loss. He's a good kid.

Deep, every time I see lots of arm tackling I say "Look! they're playing North Texas defense"! <_<

Bama was up by 10 with 1:41 on the clock and had a first and goal on the Texas 5. UT had two timeouts. If Saban tells the team to take a knee and Brown does not use a timeout, Saban could take a knee two more times to end the game. If Brown uses a timeout, Saban could then call a running play without anyone complaining he ran up the score.

If Bama fumbled the ball with 1:41 left, Saban could have left Texas a slim chance to win. Taking a knee was the smart -- and sportsmanlike -- thing to do.

While unlikely, it is possible for Texas to score 2 TDs to win the game or 1 TD and a FG to tie. Why not score a TD to basically make it impossible for any type of comeback by Texas?

While unlikely, it is possible for Texas to score 2 TDs to win the game or 1 TD and a FG to tie. Why not score a TD to basically make it impossible for any type of comeback by Texas?

Why do anything when the game is won? All Saban had to do was take a knee, run out the clock and the game's over. He took a needless risk.

Great game.

I don't understand all of the hate for UT. From my experience Texas Tech alum/fans are the worst.

Because they are like any other big school fans - they act like douches. Michigan fans are the same, LSU, etc. Go down the line with any of the big names and you have douchebaggery running rampant in the fan base. Michigan ran off Lloyd Carr. LSU fans are clamoring for Les Miles to be fired.

Look just an hour north to OU. Those douches want to run off their freshman quarterback who had better numbers this season than Josh Heupel did during the Sooners' 2000 national championship season. They are constantly wanting to fire this guy or that guy from the coaching staff that gave them seven Big 12 titles and four national championship games in the oughts. They're spoiled, f'ing douchebags.

The problem with Texas fans, OU fans, Michigan fans, etc. is that they are drunk on their past. They bang on their own coaches, players, and opposing fans for ridiculous stuff.

Here's a prime example of Texas douchebaggery from Hornfans.com. This guy is running down Garrett Gilbert, last year's Gatorade National Player of the Year, because he turned the ball over five times against the best team in college football after being thrown into action due to McCoy's injury: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

This Longhorn douche thinks the hit on Colt McCoy should have been a penalty: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

Here's a gaggle of 'Horn douches complaining about next season based on last night's game: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

You get the same douchebaggery at Soonerfans.com after they lose. They are douchebags because they have no sense or feel for reality.

The only exception to the douchebaggery rule I can think of is the Nebraska fanbase.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Why do anything when the game is won? All Saban had to do was take a knee, run out the clock and the game's over. He took a needless risk.

The game isn't won until the clock reads 0:00 and you have more points than the other team.

If Texas calls a TO after Bama takes a knee, then what? Why not take that decision away from Texas and try to score anyway? You minimize certain risks by making decisions to take away options from the other team based on plays you call.

Because they are like any other big school fans - they act like douches. Michigan fans are the same, LSU, etc. Go down the line with any of the big names and you have douchebaggery running rampant in the fan base. Michigan ran off Lloyd Carr. LSU fans are clamoring for Les Miles to be fired.

Look just an hour north to OU. Those douches want to run off their freshman quarterback who had better numbers this season than Josh Heupel did during the Sooners' 2000 national championship season. They are constantly wanting to fire this guy or that guy from the coaching staff that gave them seven Big 12 titles and four national championship games in the oughts. They're spoiled, f'ing douchebags.

The problem with Texas fans, OU fans, Michigan fans, etc. is that they are drunk on their past. They bang on their own coaches, players, and opposing fans for ridiculous stuff.

Here's a prime example of Texas douchebaggery from Hornfans.com. This guy is running down Garrett Gilbert, last year's Gatorade National Player of the Year, because he turned the ball over five times against the best team in college football after being thrown into action due to McCoy's injury: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

This Longhorn douche thinks the hit on Colt McCoy should have been a penalty: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

Here's a gaggle of 'Horn douches complaining about next season based on last night's game: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

You get the same douchebaggery at Soonerfans.com after they lose. They are douchebags because they have no sense or feel for reality.

The only exception to the douchebaggery rule I can think of is the Nebraska fanbase.

Wait, this is your standard -- saying dumb things and being out of touch with reality on their fan boards?

2 thoughts:

1.) Can we just retire the word douche?

2.) *cough* I write Monday Morning Recaps because we do the same things *cough*

Yeah, so if Texas had scored again instead of turning it ouver, do you think Mack Brown would have kicked deep instead of doing an onside to get the ball back? I mean, because the chance of recovering it and then driving for a game-tying field goal or game-winning TD at that point would have been remote, right? Mack would have just ordered his team to quit, so Saban should have done the same?

Give me a break. Texas was throwing the ball and playing to win while behind by 10 in the national title game. A 10 point margin against the second best team in the country isn't safe. We've all seen miracle comebacks and so has Saban. He let his offense run the ball to see if they could put the nail in the coffin and they did.

Besides, if the Texas defense had just tackled #3 on those dive plays, it wouldn't be an issue.

Point taken, I agree. But I feel like it is worse when a teams fans/alum think they are world beaters and have nothing to base those actions on. In reality they have done nothing except past mediocrity and a couple of good seasons. I would be talking about Texas Tech alum/fans.

Atleast those other schools have something to show for.

2.) *cough* I write Monday Morning Recaps because we do the same things *cough*

Really? Making complaints about a 2-10 team is the same as complaining about a 13-0 team in the title game with roster full of 4- and 5-star recruits?

Come on, Quoner...you know better than that.

Our douches were the ones who were calling for Dickey's head after four bowl games. I guess to me a douche is a fan who can't handle success. Pointing out the failures of your failing team and wanting better is a different ball game altogether.

I'd gladly take Garrett Gilbert off of the 'Horn douches hands, so that they would be happier. I'd also take all of their receivers who aren't doing enough to get to the ball for the burnt orange d-bags.

I'd gladly take Garrett Gilbert off of the 'Horn douches hands, so that they would be happier. I'd also take all of their receivers who aren't doing enough to get to the ball for the burnt orange d-bags.

And, for the record, I'd glady take Les Miles off the hands of the LSU douche bags. Lloyd Carr. Yeah, I'd take him on our sideline. Ditto anyone from OU's coaching staff or the Longhorn coaching staff.

I'd take either of the freshmen QBs that OU and Texas fans complain about. Give me all of these worthless human beings in North Texas kelly green. Hell, I'd even take them in our Southlake knock off uniforms trimmed in pink.

These other fanbase douches remind me of the the Animotion stalker song "Obsession":

You are an obsession

I cannot sleep

I am your possession

Unopened at your feet

There's no balance

No equality

Be still I will not accept defeat

My fantasy has turned to madness

And all my goodness

Has turned to badness

My need to possess you

Has consumed my soul

My life is trembling

I have no control

I hereby dedicate the song to all big school douchebag fans for all time.

Really? Making complaints about a 2-10 team is the same as complaining about a 13-0 team in the title game with roster full of 4- and 5-star recruits?

Come on, Quoner...you know better than that.

Our douches were the ones who were calling for Dickey's head after four bowl games. I guess to me a douche is a fan who can't handle success. Pointing out the failures of your failing team and wanting better is a different ball game altogether.

I'm not just talking about making complaints. I'm talking about making statements not founded on reality -- both ways. We have more than our share of that; especially per capita.

GMG has a tapestry of folks on all sides of every debate, be it sports-related, political or other, who manage to be (gagging as I type it) "douchey". I don't think many Belt schools thought we handled success all that well when we were winning every conference game we played. I also recall threads being locked and shut down when our players who were better than what everyone else had were second-guessed or called out in bowl games or big ooc match-ups. It happens everywhere, just at relative levels of intensity.

I'm sure there's a program at a level beneath us that would gladly take Riley, Tune or anyone else this board has complained about as well.

How is it not safe? 1:41 left. First down and 5. Texas with two timeouts.

Because Texas could hold them, get the ball back with around a minute left needing two scores to win or tie, score quickly and recover an onside kick and score again.

Not likely, but possible especially based on all the special teams mishaps for Bama.

Because Texas could hold them, get the ball back with around a minute left needing two scores to win or tie, score quickly and recover an onside kick and score again.

Not likely, but possible especially based on all the special teams mishaps for Bama.

Eggs Sacked Lee, my friend.

Also, as to your other point...who are these team below us who would clamor for our coaches and players? Texas State? Sam Houston State? Delaware State? Berkner High, my beloved alma mater? :D

Eggs Sacked Lee, my friend.

Also, as to your other point...who are these team below us who would clamor for our coaches and players? Texas State? Sam Houston State? Delaware State? Berkner High, my beloved alma mater? :D

Actually, that's exactly the list I almost typed...with Delaware State replaced by Alcorn for irony.

But hey, we have guys who could go help other mid-majors. Let's be fair here.

And while I never saw a Tech fan assault anyone, I did see one spit on a NT supporters car when we played them in Lubbock. Classy fans those Raiders.

A&M fans spit on us, threw cigarettes and attempted to yank the battle flag out of one our guys hands when we mistakingly walked into the wrong section of Texas Stadium during a 10-10 game.

Classy.

A&M fans spit on us, threw cigarettes and attempted to yank the battle flag out of one our guys hands when we mistakingly walked into the wrong section of Texas Stadium during a 10-10 game.

Classy.

Wow. My own expereince with Aggies was always quite respectful when we played them. That sounds like the kinda treatment that one usually hears about from WVU(I've read plenty of other messageboards complaining about 'Neers fans) or something.

College football has a 40-second clock. If Bama takes a knee on first down and Texas does not call a timeout, it runs down to 1 minute. After second down, to 20 seconds. On third down, game over.

College football has a 40-second clock. If Bama takes a knee on first down and Texas does not call a timeout, it runs down to 1 minute. After second down, to 20 seconds. On third down, game over.

Why would Mack not take the timeouts? That would be inexcusable.

Actually, that's exactly the list I almost typed...with Delaware State replaced by Alcorn for irony.

But hey, we have guys who could go help other mid-majors. Let's be fair here.

I think what we have is interchangable with most mid-majors. We have no one on our roster that dominates the game from down one to the final gun. As pointed out in a thread last week, only one of Dunbar's touchdowns gave us a lead. Only four others expanded a lead. The other 14 were scored when we were behind.

So, even our supposedly "best player" isn't a guy who single-handedly takes control of a game. Hell, look at the Army game. Instead of putting the game in his hands to close it down, they had Riley running the ball...to failure.

Here's an example of overblowing the one year success of a mid-major player: Ball State's Miquale Lewis. He had big numbers in 2008 - 1,736 rushing yards, 325 recieving yards, 22 TDs. Enter 2009. New QB, new linemen, MiQuale's number's - 871 rushing yards, 151 receiving yards, 5 TDs.

I understand that people get excited about a player. But, in reality, a player is what he is when the game is on the line and still within reach. MiQuale Lewis wasn't the player in 2009 that everyone thought he was in 2008. It could well be the same for Dunbar in 2010 and beyond. He didn't tear people up or help us put away teams this year. He ran hard and ran well and busted some long runs when teams ahead of us were blizting. Many people here read more into it that there really is.

I will say that based on some of their performances against Western Kentucky, many on our roster would dominate at the FCS-level - including coach Dodge. He always finds a way to beat the Hilltoppers. He'd find a way to beat the Bearkats and Bobcats and Lumberjacks, I'm sure.

If Brown takes a timeout on first down, Saban has second and third down to get another TD.

That's true. He also has a chance to get the ball back with a minute left down two scores in the final game of the season with a slim shot at the title. He has a defense that has been good for him all season and made it's share of big stands. Why would he take any chance of a comeback away from his team to hold down the final margin?

If Bama had no timeouts and scored, I'd see your point, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.