Brian Kelly A Bust At Notre Dame?

Apples and oranges. Kelly's resume is slightly better than SS. Last I checked, Clemson had a losing program while SS was an Assistant.

Kelly's head coaching resume includes:

-- Three seasons at Cincinnati from 2007-09, including a 34-6 record (.850) and two straight outright BIG EAST Conference title teams that earned BCS appearances in 2008 (Orange Bowl) and '09 (Sugar Bowl).

-- Three seasons at Central Michigan University from 2004-06, including a 19-16 overall record (.542) that featured a 9-4 mark and Mid-American Conference title in 2006.

-- Thirteen seasons at Grand Valley State University from 1991-2003, including a 118-35-2 record (.767) that was highlighted by NCAA Division II national championships in 2002 (14-0) and 2003 (14-1).

-- An overall record of 171-57-2 (.747) in those 19 seasons as a head coach.

Apples and oranges. Kelly's resume is slightly better than SS. Last I checked, Clemson had a losing program while SS was an Assistant.

Kelly's head coaching resume includes:

-- Three seasons at Cincinnati from 2007-09, including a 34-6 record (.850) and two straight outright BIG EAST Conference title teams that earned BCS appearances in 2008 (Orange Bowl) and '09 (Sugar Bowl).

-- Three seasons at Central Michigan University from 2004-06, including a 19-16 overall record (.542) that featured a 9-4 mark and Mid-American Conference title in 2006.

-- Thirteen seasons at Grand Valley State University from 1991-2003, including a 118-35-2 record (.767) that was highlighted by NCAA Division II national championships in 2002 (14-0) and 2003 (14-1).

-- An overall record of 171-57-2 (.747) in those 19 seasons as a head coach.

This just proves stats can be used to prove anything.

if he goes 1-11 his first season i bet he is gone instead of being given 3 more years to achieve a .500 season.

Let's be fair...Dodge was 2-10 in his first season, not 1-11. I mean, you know...how can you not give a guy like that a fourth year?

For the record, I think Kelly probably has two wins in there somewhere in 2010. I'm just guessing, though. Seven home dates with Western Michigan, Tulsa, and Army in the slate...I think two wins is achievable. What a schedule - 7 home games, 2 at neutral sites, and 3 true away games.

2010 Notre Dame Football Schedule

Sept. 4 PURDUE

Sept. 11 MICHIGAN

Sept. 18 at Michigan State

Sept. 25 STANFORD

Oct. 2 at Boston College

Oct. 9 PITTSBURGH

Oct. 16 WESTERN MICHIGAN

Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.)

Oct. 30 TULSA

Nov. 6 Open Date

Nov. 13 UTAH

Nov. 20 ARMY (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.)

Nov. 27 at USC

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch