Rice (12/5/09)

CMJ

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't know the bit, don't chime in.

Seriously, this is a huge one game stretch.

It's the cost of more fans -- deal with it. Maybe we could make "Cook Rice" or "Whip Uncle Ben" shirts and embrace an even larger fan population?

Wait, scratch that last one. Forgot a key detail to that box lid -- FOILED AGAIN, EE!

Edited by Quoner

Rice got taken to the woodshed last night by Harvard. I will be there with my son. Last time we played there our crowd was not too bad and the arena has undergone some nice changes.

also South Carolina and Tulsa punded wku and osu respectivly. I think little rock took a hard loss this week also. I guess it is a dwon year for the belt. New Orleans got a win over Tulane. mtsu and ulm lost.

Actually, when it's running smoothly, I love watching the Princeton offense. Backdoor cuts are beautiful if done right.

Maybe I've just never seen Denver exectuing their offensive system in the preferred manner (never seen them play at home). In the last few years I've watched them play in person several times. I've not been really impressed with their offensive system as much as I have thier ability to slow things down, junk up the game, and make the other team play a pace/style that's uncomfortable for them.

All that being said...I hate their style of hoop. Just my opinion, but in my experience with them, it's been a boring, plodding thing to watch.

Edited by Green Lantern

Maybe I've just never seen Denver exectuing their offensive system in the preferred manner (never seen them play at home). In the last few years I've watched them play in person several times. I've not been really impressed with their offensive system as much as I have thier ability to slow things down, junk up the game, and make the other team play a pace/style that's uncomfortable for them.

All that being said...I hate their style of hoop. Just my opinion, but in my experience with them, it's been a boring, plodding thing to watch.

Well, it definitely is a slow down attack. I mean it was developed at Princeton so Pete Carill's teams could even the playing field against more talented foes. But slow isn't necessarily plodding. See Princeton/UCLA in 1996 for a great example.

This breaks my heart.

This breaks my heart.

Maybe they'll change my mind on it when I see em' play here again in February.

For CMJ and CBL. I know that this system works well & can be a great equalizer against more athletic/up tempo teams. Just pointing out that my experiences in watching Denver play live in Denton and the SBC tourney in the last couple of year hasn't been that great of an experience. Especially when I compare some of the great games that we've had against WKU, MTSU, UALR, & UNO in past years.

Edited by Green Lantern

Maybe they'll change my mind on it when I see em' play here again in February.

For CMJ and CBL. I know that this system works well & can be a great equalizer against more athletic/up tempo teams. Just pointing out that my experiences in watching Denver play live in Denton and the SBC tourney in the last couple of year hasn't been that great of an experience. Especially when I compare some of the great games that we've had against WKU, MTSU, UALR, & UNO in past years.

Its too late.