Fire Dodge Now Rick!

meangreenbob

since my freshman year, 1961, only 2 coaches have moved up and out, hayden fry to iowa, and jerry moore to tech.since 1980 we have hired and fired 5 coaches, [average tenure is 6 years], and record wise are no better off overall. while disapointed in our record, i think we are now competative with half of the belt. rember that when t.d. took over, the program was in disarray; scholarships lost to ncaa because of grades[we still don't have all back] , disciplinary prolems, friction within the department, etc. in addition, our promised new recruting tool[ stadium] did'nt break ground when we thought it would. mistakes were made, biggest letting t.d. bring his high school staff. however, in the scheme of things, what's another year?

So, if he had to "go another direction" how is he going to admit to the other "decision makers" that he really blew this decision?

Let the person who's never made a wrong decision throw the first stone. You do what you think is best at the time and if it doesn't work out you make another decision. If AD's were right in all of their hiring decisions, coaches would never get fired.

Edited by MeanGreen61

while disapointed in our record, i think we are now competative with half of the belt.

Here is the problem with many of the posters on this board. We are satisfied with being competitive with HALF THE BELT! Sure, it's improvement but look at that statment a little closer. The sunbelt is arguably the worst confrence in D1 college football. I do not know about that rest of you but I strive to be better than on par with half the teams in the worst D1 football confrence. If we ever want to grow into a team of any significance in the college football world we need to shift our attitiude from trying to be competitive in the belt to being competitive and winning all our games. I am not asking us to go in and beat Alabama or any other national powerhouse I am just sick of the "were improving but still suck in the sunbelt" attitude.

This team is absolutly awful and it is not the players fault because we have the talent to compete outside the belt. The poor performance of this team is a direct result of our awful HC. I understand the program had issues when Dodge took over but none of them are an exuse for how terrible we are. Dodge WILL NEVER TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND!!!!

We are at a point where we can change our destiny, we can suck for years to come or we can try to capitalize the on the stadium and change the future of the program. RV will you please bring us a real proven HC that knows how to win and is not completely incompetent!

while disapointed in our record, i think we are now competative with half of the belt. rember that when t.d. took over, the program was in disarray; scholarships lost to ncaa because of grades[we still don't have all back] , disciplinary prolems, friction within the department, etc. in addition, our promised new recruting tool[ stadium] did'nt break ground when we thought it would. mistakes were made, biggest letting t.d. bring his high school staff. however, in the scheme of things, what's another year?

We still have friction within the department (unless you mean between dodge and rv, then i have no idea), disciplinary problems, grade issues, and our program is worse than when dodge took over.

We are no where near the middle of the belt and we are still at the bottom of the conference. We talk about how we have improved but I feel it more of a smoke and mirrors kinda thing. We really really sucked hard the last two years and we have improved a little bit to the point where we don't SUPER suck we only just regular suck. Because, we still lose, we still can't find a way to win and we still make really odd coaching decisions.

I don't believe that this ship will be righted by those in charge right now. This is something i don't want to be right on. I would love to see dodge turn this around. My money is on him not getting it done, though.

and a year more is just another of the same old junk we have been seeing. I want to be proven otherwise by our team!

What are we up to now on a new HC collection of $1,000,000??? oh yea......$2,000 and maybe another $500 next year. hahahahaha

what will ONE million get you???? NOTHING!!!.....well it will get you another assistant coach and his staff for ONE YEAR........

Everybody here knows the CRAPPY situation he walked into when he took the job here. With the exception of a handfull of players the rest of the team was pure crap. Could have been a MAJOR reason why NT was in the ESPN's Bottom 10 and last in just about everything on NCAA stats.

Some other poster, in another thread, stated we are scoring more points offensively and giving up less points defensively. That it improvement.

TD recruiting ability is fantastic. NOW, most of his recruits are SOPHMORES with a few JUNIORS thrown in. This would have been Vizza's Junior year and he was in TD's first recruiting class.

ONLY ONE TURNOVER against Troy.

Admit it ..... Troy is an excellent team on both sides of the ball......will probably win the the New Orleans Bowl or something.

Personally I believe every game remaining on the schedule is winable.

Forget about raising a million.....because in reality you would have to raise about 9 to 12 million to get a coach and his staff to come in for about 4 or 5 years and buy out TD's contract.

Forget about this "PIE in the SKY" talk about writing e-mails, green tea parties and camping out on the President's lawn to fire TD and RV. The two or three of you who would actually do it would have a really nice YouTube vid for the rest of your life.

NT is getting impressive stats that will end up being victories.......just be patient.

Too many of you kids are too used to "INSTANT GRATIFICATION" and not the old time PATIENCE of the years it takes to rebuild a college sports team. I like Coach Dodge and what he is doing ...... unfortunately it takes more than one or two seasons. He is a winner.

What are we up to now on a new HC collection of $1,000,000??? oh yea......$2,000 and maybe another $500 next year. hahahahaha

what will ONE million get you???? NOTHING!!!.....well it will get you another assistant coach and his staff for ONE YEAR........

Everybody here knows the CRAPPY situation he walked into when he took the job here. With the exception of a handfull of players the rest of the team was pure crap. Could have been a MAJOR reason why NT was in the ESPN's Bottom 10 and last in just about everything on NCAA stats.

Some other poster, in another thread, stated we are scoring more points offensively and giving up less points defensively. That it improvement.

TD recruiting ability is fantastic. NOW, most of his recruits are SOPHMORES with a few JUNIORS thrown in. This would have been Vizza's Junior year and he was in TD's first recruiting class.

Admit it ..... Troy is an excellent team on both sides of the ball......will probably win the the New Orleans Bowl or something.

Forget about raising a million.....because in reality you would have to raise about 9 to 12 million to get a coach and his staff to come in for about 4 or 5 years and buy out TD's contract.

Forget about this "PIE in the SKY" talk about writing e-mails, green tea parties and camping out on the President's lawn to fire TD and RV. The two or three of you who would actually do it would have a really nice YouTube vid for the rest of your life.

NT is getting impressive stats that will end up being victories.......just be patient.

Too many of you kids are too used to "INSTANT GRATIFICATION" and not the old time PATIENCE of the years it takes to rebuild a college sports team. I like Coach Dodge and what he is doing ...... unfortunately it takes more than one or two seasons. He is a winner.

Patient? 4 wins in 31 tries and we need to be patient? WOW.

Lazer is right though in another thread. "Instant Gratification?" You are right though, it does appear that it takes more than one or two seasons. Apparently it is going to take at the very least 4 seasons.

The truth is that Dodge has made this program worse than what DD did. I thought DD was HORRIBLE... so, you can imagine what I think of Dodge's coaching ability.

Dodge inherited a below average group and made them THE WORST team in the entire friggin' league. I don't give Dodge a pass because of the what-he-inherited excuse simply because he didn't at the very least match DD's product, instead made it much worse.

Patient? 4 wins in 31 tries and we need to be patient? WOW.

Lazer is right though in another thread. "Instant Gratification?" You are right though, it does appear that it takes more than one or two seasons. Apparently it is going to take at the very least 4 seasons.

And two of those wins were against an emerging WKU. Dodge owns Kentucky. At least for the moment.

This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've read on here in a while.

What's new? Anyone expected this game to be close? I agree we need different coaches, but not because of this game. Glad to see some people waking up though.

TCU had a plan; look where they are now. North Texas' 'leaders' have never had a plan. I think they find the situation acceptable.

I said this when they got rid of Dickey. If they're going to pay the successor at the same level, they'll get about the same results. Nothing will change until NT decides to, and figures out how to, and ultimately does, go out and get enough to pay a new coach more like $650K. No that does not guarantee results, but on the other hand, it is almost certain that continuing to do the same thing will produce the same results. It all starts with a decision, to do something substantially different. Then they need to commit to that decision, by announcing that intention and THEN building support. Not the other way around. That takes vision and leadership. We'll see if NT has that.

What's new? Anyone expected this game to be close? I agree we need different coaches, but not because of this game. Glad to see some people waking up though.

TCU had a plan; look where they are now. North Texas' 'leaders' have never had a plan. I think they find the situation acceptable.

I said this when they got rid of Dickey. If they're going to pay the successor at the same level, they'll get about the same results. Nothing will change until NT decides to, and figures out how to, and ultimately does, go out and get enough to pay a new coach more like $650K. No that does not guarantee results, but on the other hand, it is almost certain that continuing to do the same thing will produce the same results. It all starts with a decision, to do something substantially different. Then they need to commit to that decision, by announcing that intention and THEN building support. Not the other way around. That takes vision and leadership. We'll see if NT has that.

Let's make it $850,000. New Mexico paid $750,000, and all they have done so far is no wins, a sexual harassment lawsuit (settled-aren't they all?), and him coming out of a one game suspension for hitting an assistant coach, just in the first year of a six year contract. All I'm really saying is, let's be careful what we ask for. More money, and just any old hire for a new head coach and we could be right back where we started from, maybe worse.

Let's make it $850,000. New Mexico paid $750,000, and all they have done so far is no wins, a sexual harassment lawsuit (settled-aren't they all?), and him coming out of a one game suspension for hitting an assistant coach, just in the first year of a six year contract. All I'm really saying is, let's be careful what we ask for. More money, and just any old hire for a new head coach and we could be right back where we started from, maybe worse.

All those same qualities can be obtained at a lesser salary level. Like I said, it is not a guarantee, but do you really think we have a chance to be say in the top 75 teams when we are paying a fraction of what those teams pay? What exactly would be your plan for getting to that level paying what we are?

All those same qualities can be obtained at a lesser salary level. Like I said, it is not a guarantee, but do you really think we have a chance to be say in the top 75 teams when we are paying a fraction of what those teams pay? What exactly would be your plan for getting to that level paying what we are?

Well, for one thing, I would give the assistant coaches a chance to apply for the job, rather than ONLY interviewing people from the outside, and then as usual, have all the assistants fired (that might happen anyway, but why assume as much).

LOL, I thought we had to have $9-10 million?? My suggestion was not for the alumni to donate money to pay the salaries of the entire staff (our athletic budget may be small but we do have one), but to contribute to a head coaches salary in the same manner as SMU did. I think we need to be closer to the $1 million mark if we are going to get a coach that's had prior success. Anything less than that and we might as well just keep Dodge.

Here is the problem with many of the posters on this board. We are satisfied with being competitive with HALF THE BELT! Sure, it's improvement but look at that statment a little closer. The sunbelt is arguably the worst confrence in D1 college football. I do not know about that rest of you but I strive to be better than on par with half the teams in the worst D1 football confrence. If we ever want to grow into a team of any significance in the college football world we need to shift our attitiude from trying to be competitive in the belt to being competitive and winning all our games. I am not asking us to go in and beat Alabama or any other national powerhouse I am just sick of the "were improving but still suck in the sunbelt" attitude.

This team is absolutly awful and it is not the players fault because we have the talent to compete outside the belt. The poor performance of this team is a direct result of our awful HC. I understand the program had issues when Dodge took over but none of them are an exuse for how terrible we are. Dodge WILL NEVER TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND!!!!

We are at a point where we can change our destiny, we can suck for years to come or we can try to capitalize the on the stadium and change the future of the program. RV will you please bring us a real proven HC that knows how to win and is not completely incompetent!

Here is the problem with this board - half of the posters on this board are like this a**clown. You give hardly any money to the program and you think if you just bitch alot when we lose and you say you won't accept losing that means you are a great fan. You want a better program, give money. You want a new coach, give money. ($500 or $1000 is not money).

NOBODY is satisfied with being competitive with half the belt. But, getting better is a helluva lot better than getting worse. Troy is a better team right now, end of story. They are a better team than anyone in the belt and alot of teams in alot of other conferences. Did you really expect we would go TO troy and be any closer than 50 - 26 with the team we have right now? Nobody accepts that as good enough, but just cause we want something and complain about it, doesn't mean its going to happen. We lost because we aren't near as good as they are (we are younger, we have less talent right now, etc).

We DO NOT have the talent yet to compete with anyone better than the top of the sunbelt. You don't have to look farther than the defensive line to know that. I respect the kids and the hard work they put in, but we don't have anyone who can put pressure on the passer against anyone.

Here is the problem with this board - half of the posters on this board are like this a**clown. You give hardly any money to the program and you think if you just bitch alot when we lose and you say you won't accept losing that means you are a great fan. You want a better program, give money. You want a new coach, give money. ($500 or $1000 is not money).

NOBODY is satisfied with being competitive with half the belt. But, getting better is a helluva lot better than getting worse. Troy is a better team right now, end of story. They are a better team than anyone in the belt and alot of teams in alot of other conferences. Did you really expect we would go TO troy and be any closer than 50 - 26 with the team we have right now? Nobody accepts that as good enough, but just cause we want something and complain about it, doesn't mean its going to happen. We lost because we aren't near as good as they are (we are younger, we have less talent right now, etc).

We DO NOT have the talent yet to compete with anyone better than the top of the sunbelt. You don't have to look farther than the defensive line to know that. I respect the kids and the hard work they put in, but we don't have anyone who can put pressure on the passer against anyone.

So who's to blame for the talent deficiency after 3 years???? Troy went from Sunbelt bottom feeder to formidable mid-major in a few years, did you forget that??? So you're so much better than everyone because you give $10k a year right? Real fans sacrifice to give, knowing we'd all give a cool million if we had it. Your "elitist" attitude & attack of this fan makes you the real a$$ clown, IMO.

"We DO NOT have the talent yet to compete with anyone better than the top of the sunbelt." ---> This statement by you is laughable & ridiculous. What happened in Troy this past weekend has been happening the last 5 seasons for NT vs the top of the Belt. So again, I ask yo, who's responsible for the talent deficiency???????

I've held my donation from athletics the last 2 years because of Todd Dodge. My money went to my respective college of study and you can book it will be going there again if Teflon Todd isn't fired at the end of this year.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1