Does Anyone Think It's Possible That Mtsu Did Well...

eulessismore

Pardon me if anyone has brought this up during or after MTSU week, but Middle was able to make a very good hire for offensive coordinator after Tony Franklin was fired by Auburn 6 weeks into last years season. I had thought before he got hired by MTSU that maybe UNT could send our OC to him for consulting or at least to one of his seminars (yes, they're for high schoolers, but...). Anyway, here's the best story I've found on it. Some think we need a new OC; if it comes down to it, I hope we're lucky enough to get one like this guy:

MTSU hires Tony Franklin as OC

You know who'd probably make an excellent Offensive Coordinator for a Division 1 school?

Chris Thomsen.

Similar mix of running and passing... College experience in a lower division, so he knows how to deal with older players... Texas roots and experience, with built in recruiting connections in the state...

Just saying.

I'll admit I wasn't able to go to the game but I saw the box score and NT had more total yards, more first downs, and had the ball longer than MTSU. Does that mean our OC is any good at all, or their DC sux to the bone, combination of both? Opinions?

We were playing from behind which can lead to gaudy numbers, we seemed to play like a good team in the second half from what I can tell. They played a better hurry up game than us in the first half ...

It was just a difficult day all in all. We have been killing ourselves in both the Ohio game and this one with turnovers, preventable mistakes... eliminate even half of those and we are 3-1.

Preventable mistakes

I want to know who called the plays in the 2nd half for our offense. Because it wasn't the same as the 1st. Near the end of the 1st half on 3rd and then 4th down we ran the same exact play. It's the one where all 4 receivers run 5 yards and then turn around. We did it on back-to-back plays. Both incomplete. I drew up better plays on my hand for my brother to run out in front of our house when I was 10 years old.