Who Other Than Riley

Harry

Cam and every member of the defense.

As great as Cam was and as great a job Riley did running the offense in his first game, the big headline was this defense - the worst defense in the country for two years - going on the road against a bowl team that was 12-2 a year ago and shutting them out in the first half and holding them to 10 points for the game. Held them to fewer points that Ball State was favored by.

Tip of the hat to Deloach, but it took those players to execute his defense and make it happen. That is a tremendous turnaround.

How 'bout some love for "the big uglies"? Anyone on the O line could be named here. We had a freshman QB....who didn't get sacked. The snaps back to him in the shotgun were all perfect. The line opened up enough holes for us to rush for 296 yards.

So, I'll say the O line. But if you make me pick just one: JJ Johnson

Ditto... Except I would choose Gill as the one lineman for specific recognition. Rewatching the game on the DVR, you can really see his dominance in this game

Like Smitty said, Montgomery and the defense as a unit because that's exactly what they played as - a unit.

Cam ran all over the BSU defense and looked incredibly strong for a Sun Belt running back (understand this is the perception that most will have - I've seen Jamario Thomas play in person), dragging defenders on multiple occasions. I'm predicting a great year for Cam and the running backs. Hope Micah Mosley can earn some more playing time, that dude's a fighter.

Ditto... Except I would choose Gill as the one lineman for specific recognition. Rewatching the game on the DVR, you can really see his dominance in this game

It's funny you mention that cause for me the biggest surprise was Matt Tomlinson...maybe I was seeing things but Tomlinson looked like he played ALOT in that game and played well. Not too bad for a freshman!

Guest GrayEagleOne

It's funny you mention that cause for me the biggest surprise was Matt Tomlinson...maybe I was seeing things but Tomlinson looked like he played ALOT in that game and played well. Not too bad for a freshman!

I agree with you on Tomlinson's play but not his classification. He is a sophomore.

As good as the defense was, I had to vote for Cam on this one. He had two key runs and a pass reception to keep drives alive. His run total places him ninth in the country. By the way, a key block on the pass reception to get us out of the shadows of our goal post was thrown by Matt Tomlinson.

I agree with you on Tomlinson's play but not his classification. He is a sophomore.

As good as the defense was, I had to vote for Cam on this one. He had two key runs and a pass reception to keep drives alive. His run total places him ninth in the country. By the way, a key block on the pass reception to get us out of the shadows of our goal post was thrown by Matt Tomlinson.

Not that NT has much luck at this, but wouldn't Tomlinson be a good candidate for a medical hardship waiver.

A soph?? really?? Seems like he's been around longer than that. Did he redshirt then get a med redshirt?

Matt was in TD's first recruiting class. His first year 2007....he was redshirted. Last year he was a redshirt freshman. And now he's a sophomore.

Offensive Line... The wholes Cam and Lance were hitting were huge... And in the 4th quarter, it really looked likd Sack State dl and lb's didn't want to get hit in the mout anymore... I loved our impose our will, clock chewing final drive.... That was breaking the other teams will and clsing the deal...