Played Ncaa 10 The Other Day At Best Buy

pogWo4life

Did the first year of "Road to Glory" went 12-0 as North Texas

My created player won the Heisman, and got to #4 in the nation

Unfortunately lost in the Sugar Bowl to Oregon State on a last second TD.

How long did you stay? Was it hard fighting off the other kids who wanted to play?

Did the first year of "Road to Glory" went 12-0 as North Texas

My created player won the Heisman, and got to #4 in the nation

Unfortunately lost in the Sugar Bowl to Oregon State on a last second TD.

Did you walk in when the opened & did they kick you out when they closed?

Quoner, your sig is hilarious!!!!!

Edited by Got5onIt

I gotta say... i finally knuckled under and bought it. I've been nothing but impressed with it. There's an element of strategy that was totally missing from previous iterations which makes for a compelling and addictive gameplay experience.

I'm in the second season of a UNT dynasty. The second game was away at Clemson (ranked #18) on a rainy afternoon. Since your players actually play to the weather (fumble more / catch worse when it is wet), I went to the "strategy" screen and told my offensive players to hang on to the ball (more ball security, fewer broken tackles), and concentrate on making the catch (higher catch chance, fewer broken tackles). On Defense, I told my guys to go for the strip (higher strip chance, higher facemask penalty chance), wrap up (fewer big hits, better tackling), and to jump the snap (better QB pressure, more offsides).

Once the game started, I noticed immediately that Clemson was playing the pass. Their line was jumping the snap, their safeties were dropping deep, and using a lot of zone coverage. I countered with a healthy dose of Dunbar and Mosely. As I started marching down the field with 5 and 6 yard gains, the defense slowly started adapting. The d-line started pinching in, linebackers played closer and closer to their gaps, safeties crept up to about five yards off the line. I saw more and more blitzes. Then I hit them over the top with a 30 yard pass to Sam Roberson.

This year's version of the game has a really neat "setup play" feature. This works when you run certain plays (say, an I-form HB iso) which have complimentary plays (an I-form playaction pass). The more successful you are at running the setup play, the better chance you have at pulling off the complimentary play. So, in this case, Clemson's defense completely bit on a playaction fake, and there wasn't anyone within 15 yards of Roberson when he caught the ball.

Once I had the lead, I switched all my strategies to conservative and gradually built on the lead. As they got further and further behind, they were forced to throw deep into the teeth of a cover three, which resulted in a lot of pass breakups and two interceptions. When I had the ball, i switched on the "chew clock" option, which quickly runs the play clock down to about 10-12 seconds on each play. In this way, I could eat up time on each drive, and dramatically shorten the game.

I ended up winning 28-17, and it was immensely satisfying.