Unt - Dallas Going Green?

Stan R

Sounds like UNT-D will be going green soon...

An item from the Thursday UNT regents meeting:

• spreading the Mean Green colors systemwide to UNT’s Dallas and Fort Worth campuses

I think this one is also pretty big:

• selection of a construction manager and architect to construct a “clean room” at Discovery Park

Do you have a source for this? Curious to read about the clean room stuff.

Sounds like UNT-D will be going green soon...

An item from the Thursday UNT regents meeting:

• spreading the Mean Green colors systemwide to UNT’s Dallas and Fort Worth campuses

I think this one is also pretty big:

• selection of a construction manager and architect to construct a “clean room” at Discovery Park

This sounds like a slap in the face to the UNT-Dallas students who voted to elect a new mascot and new colors. I prefer Mean Green, too, but that doesn't mean UT Arlington can't be blue...Oh, wait...maybe that is why UTA recently added orange to their blue and white.

I think all the schools in the UT system now have orange as their primary color, though many have an accent color.

All the branches of LSU are purple and gold, and I believe some of them also may use Tigers as their mascot,

This builds unity for a system.

Until this decision, the multiple campuses of the North Texas system were going to have nothing in common except the same shared Board of Regents.

I think all the schools in the UT system now have orange as their primary color, though many have an accent color.

All the branches of LSU are purple and gold, and I believe some of them also may use Tigers as their mascot,

This builds unity for a system.

Until this decision, the multiple campuses of the North Texas system were going to have nothing in common except the same shared Board of Regents.

The University of California universities use the same colors.

All the UT System schools use some shade of orange in some fashion. (For Arlington, blue is remains dominant in most (but not all) cases. For others, such as UT El Paso, orange is dominant.) Point is, there is a unifying color.

I thought it was a mistake to allow the UNT Dallas campus to go off on their own color scheme. I was surprised when that came out last year. If you want to build a system identity, a system brand (to some extent...because the individual university is still the key), you need a common color scheme. So, to me, it makes sense to nip that in the bud and have them use green.

This sounds like a slap in the face to the UNT-Dallas students who voted to elect a new mascot and new colors. I prefer Mean Green, too, but that doesn't mean UT Arlington can't be blue...Oh, wait...maybe that is why UTA recently added orange to their blue and white.

I thought the colors and mascot were all developed by marketing people. Not sure there was ever a student led effort to pick those.

I think it only makes sense to have a university - with its extended campuses to have the same color. I cannot even believe the UNT Dallas Campus has different colors. I think this is a great part of the transistion for branding and marketing for the university.

Agree that UNTD should incorporate green. The Jaguar name, colors, and logo would be at home at any high school in the country. Why not call the new campus something unique to Dallas, like the UNTD Big Hairs, Consumers, Bible Belters, etc?

Speaking of green, I recently had the privilege of visiting Denton for the first time in almost ten years. What a great job the school has done in maintaining an architectural continuity. This is hard to do and even Duke has become an eyesore as no two buildings look the same. The UNT campus has gone from an ugly duckling to something quite nice!

But for a school that incorporates a color in its nickname, we have a long way to go. I saw hundreds of different shades of green! Even on the same sign there were often two different shades.

While I'm at it, what's with the ads hanging from Fouts? We have managed to make it look even worse.