Sping Practice

Side Show Joe

If he was not a legit deal, then why would a Hall of Fame Head Coach (Chris Ault from Nevada) chase a kid all the way from Texas as Fake Lonnie pointed out. Then why did he have better offers than than that of UNT? D-1 offers for a QB don't grow on trees. Maybe 275 or so have a D-1 scholarship and Gio was offered by way better programs than UNT.

His offer list was Nevada, Air Force, NT and Army. Not exactly what I would call "way better programs". Why would a coach from Nevada "chase" a kid from Texas, I don't know prolly the same reason just about all other 118 D-1 schools do. Texas has tons of talent, bottom line.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His offer list was Nevada, Air Force, NT and Army. Not exactly what I would call "way better programs". Why would a coach from Nevada "chase" a kid from Texas, I don't know prolly the same reason just about all other 118 D-1 schools do. Texas has tons of talent, bottom line.

good call H-town

No those were the offers you see on rivals from his junior season. Athletes themselves notify Rivals of offers and some of those are bogus.

Not until after his senior season, did the offers roll in.

The offers were posted at the school athletic board. I called his QB coach to confirm to this bull shit thread. Ohio, Idaho, Akron, Ball State, Toledo, NMSTU, MTSU, ULL, ULM, Lousiana Tech, Southern Miss, Rice, Houston, and he said some of the best AA playoff teams (that could beat North Texas State any day of the week).

I would call those an upgrade. Whether he sits at A&M is inmaterial. He gets into the Mays school of business and his entire family went there. I know Franchione was personally at our state playoff practices himself so I guess he sucks.

He played with scrubs up there. Took the worst hits in college football. Sacked the most in a HS offense with young dudes in front of him.

He is no doubt the toughest freaking QB you will ever see. Give him some weapons and you never know. This was Giovanni's decision all the way from what he told me and he is happy being out of a crap program that the defenses knew every play on whether it was run or pass.

Good luck with your HS coaches.

No those were the offers you see on rivals from his junior season. Athletes themselves notify Rivals of offers and some of those are bogus.

The offers were posted at the school athletic board. I called his QB coach to confirm to this bull shit thread. Ohio, Idaho, Akron, Ball State, Toledo, NMSTU, MTSU, ULL, ULM, Lousiana Tech, Southern Miss, Rice, Houston, and he said some of the best AA playoff teams (that could beat North Texas State any day of the week).

I would call those an upgrade. Whether he sits at A&M is inmaterial. He gets into the Mays school of business and his entire family went there. I know Franchione was personally at our state playoff practices himself so I guess he sucks.

He played with scrubs up there. Took the worst hits in college football. Sacked the most in a HS offense with young dudes in front of him.

He is no doubt the toughest freaking QB you will ever see. Give him some weapons and you never know. This was Giovanni's decision all the way from what he told me and he is happy being out of a crap program that the defenses knew every play on whether it was run or pass.

Clearly, a UNT alumn living in Denton. Mean Green all the way!

He is no doubt the toughest freaking QB you will ever see.

Oh so sorry. But I'll still stick by my previous word....no exactly what most people would call "way better programs." I would say that most those schools are in the same tier as NT.

Well thats great his entire family went there. A&M is a great school. Whether he sits or not is important becuase of the way it went down. Maybe his old man shouldn't come on the board saying this and that about going elsewhere to start at so and so program. And getting playing time here or there. Maybe he should have simply stated that he was leaving NT to get a better education and follow the family tradition. Just a thought.

And I agree that Vizza was one tough SOB, I stated it previously. Kid had tons of heart.

thank you daddy vizza. go relive your youth through your son's life. just because you bleed maroon, or is it moron, does not mean your son wants to. good ridence!

thank you daddy vizza. go relive your youth through your son's life. just because you bleed maroon, or is it moron, does not mean your son wants to. good ridence!

Bigntex played HS ball with him. I met him he goes to Tech. You can't blame friends for sticking up for friends. I see it everyday at practice. I know what I see and the true leaders on this team our as follows: Craig, Tobe, and Cam. Thats about it.

I hear what I hear and see what I see. By the way, TGIF because its party time in Big D. D for Denton.

Edited by UNT2012

Gosh...I missed you...I hope we sign another one of your friends in the future to ensure you continue to post.

Thank you for your courage.

Bigntex played HS ball with him. I met him he goes to Tech. You can't blame friends for sticking up for friends. I see it everyday at practice. I know what I see and the true leaders on this team our as follows: Craig, Tobe, and Cam. Thats about it.

I hear what I hear and see what I see. By the way, TGIF because its party time in Big D. D for Denton.

ok, well just to let you know...im around this team everyday and what you speak of is complete B.S. i know for a fact that the guys on this team have a TON of respect for Riley. They are exicited for this season and feel that they can complete. i know the one thing they are truly happy about is that Gio is Gone. Most of the team didnt care for the guy and i think it showed last year, when the QB doesnt have the respect of the team, and doesnt ever hang with the team, it shows on the field and i think the record showed that. so "UNT 2012" learn what the heck your talking about before you come on here and shoot off your mouth will factless B.S.!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

ok, well just to let you know...im around this team everyday and what you speak of is complete B.S. i know for a fact that the guys on this team have a TON of respect for Riley. They are exicited for this season and feel that they can complete. i know the one thing they are truly happy about is that Gio is Gone. Most of the team didnt care for the guy and i think it showed last year, when the QB doesnt have the respect of the team, and doesnt ever hang with the team, it shows on the field and i think the record showed that. so "UNT 2012" learn what the heck your talking about before you come on here and shoot off your mouth will factless B.S.!

Thank You....Thank You...Thank You!!! Could not have said it better myself!! Oh and by the way, Gio did not have offers from all of the schools mentioned, he received letters from those schools and very little contact, but thanks for playing!

The discussions about Vizza are laughable. He was comitted to Nevada under Chris Ault. It doesn't matter who else offered him. Ault is a coach with 198 career wins and has guided the Wolfpack to four consecutive bowl games. And, he's done it out west in passing offenses. If Chris Ault thought the kid could play I-A/FBS ball, there's no question about it.

As far as what he'll do at Texas A&M, we won't know, but it doesn't look bad. A redshirt season in A&M's S&C program and eating at their training table off the field combined a former NFL QB coach who had a good track record will do him well. In short, Vizza will be getting a huge upgrade in terms of coaching and preparation than he was getting down here.

He has the tools. If he does indeed surface at A&M, redshirt in 2009 and backup Johnson in 2010, he will be in competition for starting job in 2011. He's already got more game experience than any of those guys already on A&M's roster. I expect that Mike Sherman, having coached quarterbacks under Mike Homgren and putting together five winning seasons as an NFL coach and been in the Super Bowl as a coordinator, will be able make an excellent QB out of him. He's already proven he's got grit. Get some real playmakers and competent coaches around him and he'll do well in College Station.

While I'm as disappointed as anyone about the way Gio left, I don't think we need to slam him or play down the accomplishments he had while he was here. Come gametime, he gave it all, and I believe his teammates respected him for that--I know the fans did. I hope he does well at A&M.

But I hope Riley does better at UNT. :devil:

The discussions about Vizza are laughable. He was comitted to Nevada under Chris Ault. It doesn't matter who else offered him. Ault is a coach with 198 career wins and has guided the Wolfpack to four consecutive bowl games. And, he's done it out west in passing offenses. If Chris Ault thought the kid could play I-A/FBS ball, there's no question about it....

Sure because everyone knows that if a successful D1 coach signs a player that means the kid is a no brainer D1 Starter sure thing. Never has a successful D1 coach signed a flop....You Funny!!! For every success there are 3 misses at any program whether its OU, USC, Miami, and the list goes on and on and on.....

I personally don't believe any of those guys. No one knows anything but the players themselves. And even then, some views are slanted in whatever direction or agenda a player might have.

Lets talk about the current players because other than that it really doesn't make a crap.

Edited by nautique

I personally don't believe any of those guys. No one knows anything but the players themselves. And even then, some views are slanted in whatever direction or agenda a player might have.

Lets talk about the current players because other than that it really doesn't make a crap.

Hey, i live with most of the team, and talk to several players everyday, if you dont think i know what im talking about then you just keep thinking that, but i have never lied or spread rumors on this board, everything i said has been true!