Western Kentucky (1/31/09)

CMJ

CBL, it is obvious, to me, that you probably never played organized sports "with a clock." BB, just like FB is an ever changing dynamic, second by second, and if JJ felt that those five players at the end of the game represented the best chance to win......then......i will accept his decision without second guessing him.

JJ has brought respectability back to NT BB and I for one am glad that we have him and his staff.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBL, it is obvious, to me, that you probably never played organized sports "with a clock." BB, just like FB is an ever changing dynamic, second by second, and if JJ felt that those five players at the end of the game represented the best chance to win......then......i will accept his decision without second guessing him.

JJ has brought respectability back to NT BB and I for one am glad that we have him and his staff.

Lese...es ist nicht auf Deutch, aber ich glaube dich er interesant finden.

I love JJ...I know exactly what he has done to resurrect this program. He also wasn't even referenced in the prior conversation...at least not by myself. My problem was with the shot Dom took...it was ill-advised...down 2 there needed to be something moving towards the basket...if you want a three for the win then you free up shooters on the wing off of the drive, otherwise you attack the hoop and hope for a good look or a foul. This is basketball 101...things I've learned from playing, watching, studying and talking with coaches like JJ, Charlie Leonard and Fred Rike.

What Dom did is excusable once...its still the wrong decision, but you learn from it. However this is twice DJ has tried to be a hero with the wrong shot at the wrong time...that is not what you get from a true point guard.

Also...it doesn't surprise me in the least that you're comfortable with not questioning leadership decisions, but so far as I know there is no UNT S.S. that will make you disappear.

Lese...es ist nicht auf Deutch, aber ich glaube dich er interesant finden.

I love JJ...I know exactly what he has done to resurrect this program. He also wasn't even referenced in the prior conversation...at least not by myself. My problem was with the shot Dom took...it was ill-advised...down 2 there needed to be something moving towards the basket...if you want a three for the win then you free up shooters on the wing off of the drive, otherwise you attack the hoop and hope for a good look or a foul. This is basketball 101...things I've learned from playing, watching, studying and talking with coaches like JJ, Charlie Leonard and Fred Rike.

What Dom did is excusable once...its still the wrong decision, but you learn from it. However this is twice DJ has tried to be a hero with the wrong shot at the wrong time...that is not what you get from a true point guard.

Also...it doesn't surprise me in the least that you're comfortable with not questioning leadership decisions, but so far as I know there is no UNT S.S. that will make you disappear.

When Dom put up that three point shot....we were only down 1 (68-67)....which makes it even more inexcusable. So, we only needed a two to take the lead.

Dom was 4-8 on 3-pt shots and JW made one.....that was all the 3 pointers NT made during the game. Appears that Dom had the hot hand that night from "down town." I hope ya'll, SUMG & CBL, are not condeming unmade shots as unexcusable or just selected shots from selected players at selected times. If that is the case "all" of basketball is condemed.

In reality this particular shot that ya'll are condeming Dom, as irresponsible/inexcusable, did not lose NT the game. However, if Dom would have made the 3-pointer and NT still lost the game this conversation would have never happened but I am sure that ya'll would have found another particular shot by someone else to blame as being inexcusable. If the both of you are suggesting such then you must look at "all" the other missed shots by all the other NT players in the same light.

It is easy, after the game, to second guess players and coches.......and my friends......that is why we call JJ, Coach and we call you bloggers.

Dom was 4-8 on 3-pt shots and JW made one.....that was all the 3 pointers NT made during the game. Appears that Dom had the hot hand that night from "down town." I hope ya'll, SUMG & CBL, are not condeming unmade shots as unexcusable or just selected shots from selected players at selected times. If that is the case "all" of basketball is condemed.

In reality this particular shot that ya'll are condeming Dom, as irresponsible/inexcusable, did not lose NT the game. However, if Dom would have made the 3-pointer and NT still lost the game this conversation would have never happened but I am sure that ya'll would have found another particular shot by someone else to blame as being inexcusable. If the both of you are suggesting such then you must look at "all" the other missed shots by all the other NT players in the same light.

It is easy, after the game, to second guess players and coches.......and my friends......that is why we call JJ, Coach and we call you bloggers.

I have never seen someone defend such a poor shot selection at such a critical moment of the game. Since you keep referring to people on the board not being coaches, I assume you are. However, you could ask JJ about that shot and that would be one of the shots he would have least wanted to see at that point in the game, I can guarantee you that.

e-bone-----

evidently, you did not comprehend/understand my post by your incoherent response. i suggest you read, again, what i said and look at your response. dude, at least my nine year old grandson can attack a stated response with coherency better than some NT grads. You did graduate or are you still in studies?

let me help you:

1. look at what i said and what your suppositions were....now look at what i said and see if you are attacking what i said or if you are just making "stuff" up for a weak "ad hominum" attack.

unt92 fan.....dude....just a warning about your "c" word.....illuminus may not like you posting personal attacks.....i have had to stop using my favorite ad hominum phrase beginning with "nu........."

e-bone-----

evidently, you did not comprehend/understand my post by your incoherent response. i suggest you read, again, what i said and look at your response. dude, at least my nine year old grandson can attack a stated response with coherency better than some NT grads. You did graduate or are you still in studies?

let me help you:

1. look at what i said and what your suppositions were....now look at what i said and see if you are attacking what i said or if you are just making "stuff" up for a weak "ad hominum" attack.

unt92 fan.....dude....just a warning about your "c" word.....illuminus may not like you posting personal attacks.....i have had to stop using my favorite ad hominum phrase beginning with "nu........."

Wow, you made me laugh! Good job! Incoherent? :lol: