The Final Verdict On Vizza's Transfer Situation

Brett Vito

"Schools recruiting against UNT already have enough ammunition after the last two seasons."

Vito, you missed a golden opportunity to throw in the record over the past 2 seasons and maybe some stats to show just how bad this team is. What a waste.

Where was your condemnation of Troy Phillips for the opposite slant?

Everyone loves someone who agrees with their point of view, and hates those who don't.

Everyone loves someone who agrees with their point of view, and hates those who don't.

Honestly Vito seems to be negative just for negative sake, if you like it fine. But remember as far as his UNT Sports blog goes we are his target audience, alumni, fans, students and staff.

So it seems to do no good to constantly pi$$ down our backs and tell us its raining.

Phillips is Dodge's boy and Vito is not. Dodge can't stand Vito.

The only negative comment about a Dodge from Phillips was last fall when Riley hit the field. He commented how small and fragile he looked. I was taken back by that because Phillips is the only person in the media that is pro TD.

I sure don't get it. I guess I am little different though. I don't see that most of what he writes to be negative as it is the facts, but oh well. I enjoy both his and Phillips stuff. It is funny though how so many dog him for what they think is his negativeness, yet they don't praise him for all the positive he writes on the basketball and other sports teams.

Honestly Vito seems to be negative just for negative sake, if you like it fine. But remember as far as his UNT Sports blog goes we are his target audience, alumni, fans, students and staff.

So it seems to do no good to constantly pi$$ down our backs and tell us its raining.

Get back to me when he posts something that is inaccurate or a personal attack. Would he be banned or have his level increased (Thanks mods) for anything he is saying if he were posting on this board?

It seems some on here think it is partly cloudy with a high of 78, so maybe we do need reminding where we are at every now and then.

Edited by UNT90

Get back to me when he posts something that is inaccurate or a personal attack. Would he be banned or have his level increased (Thanks mods) for anything he is saying if he were posting on this board?

It seems some on here think it is partly cloudy with a high of 78, so maybe we do need reminding where we are at every now and then.

There is little real delusion around here about our record or where we are ranked in the Nation, Vito's articles are OK for the most part but it is his Blog which we (GMG.com) are the core of that target audience that he seems stuck on taking the an anti UNT slant. It seems like he enjoys beating my University and I don't care for that at all. And yes his blog entries tend to be very slanted.

I was taken back by that because Phillips is the only person in the media that is pro TD.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Not one media member in DFW has said anything negative about Dodge with the exception of Vito. Not Hansen, Trahan, Miller, Galloway, Dunham, etc. As a matter of fact, Trahan has been good since he has been on weekends of giving us coverage on the Sat. evening news. I even e-mailed him this year thanking him for it. All of the local media say what a good coach he is, and that they expect he will eventually turn things around. No, it doesn't look that way now, but we certainly have not been the laughing stock of the media, which shows they at least respect Dodge's ability. Even the write up in the NY Times concerning the drug deal was positive and complimented the way it was handled. I know your view is skewed (and you probably consider my view that way as well), but put out facts you can at least support or back-up.

Why would I condemn someone for NOT needlessly pointing out how bad UNT has been at every possible opportunity? I don't follow you.

Of course, it could be said that he was just pumping sunshine up Dodge's tailpipe and not accurately reporting the true state of the program. I'm sure that's how many on here view Phillips articles/blogs.

I like to read both Vito and Phillips and think both do their jobs well.

Of course, it could be said that he was just pumping sunshine up Dodge's tailpipe and not accurately reporting the true state of the program. I'm sure that's how many on here view Phillips articles/blogs.

I like to read both Vito and Phillips and think both do their jobs well.

While you say you like to read both, you obviously have a bias against Phillips and his views.

Personally, I just want to read what the news item is and not see a random stat thrown in to show how bad the team is and whatnot. I'm getting ready for the Vito blog on women's soccer in which he adds a line about the football team's record over the past 2 seasons. I mean, those is just facts, right?

While you say you like to read both, you obviously have a bias against Phillips and his views.

Personally, I just want to read what the news item is and not see a random stat thrown in to show how bad the team is and whatnot. I'm getting ready for the Vito blog on women's soccer in which he adds a line about the football team's record over the past 2 seasons. I mean, those is just facts, right?

I have no bias against Phillips. I respect both he and Vito and read both of them. I just used the opposite viewpoint to point out your bias against Vito, which, if you feel that way, fine. I just don't see the point of publicly degrading two reporters that take the time to write about UNT.

I have no bias against Phillips. I respect both he and Vito and read both of them. I just used the opposite viewpoint to point out your bias against Vito, which, if you feel that way, fine. I just don't see the point of publicly degrading two reporters that take the time to write about UNT.

Try the opposite approach. Find a third reporter you really like and stroke his ego until he has no choice but to come cover us with nothing but glowing praise.

I hear Tracy Rowlett is free...

The only thing that would cause me to have any bias against Vito is when he unnecessarily throws in seemingly unrelated jabs to UNT. I think I have opened Phillips' blog about 3 times total, so accusations of me being biased towards him are laughable. But whatever you want to believe.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome