This Makes 9

good_ken

Rivals is showing UNT to be up to 9 recruits, with Chevy Bennett being the newest commit: Player profile.

UNT Commit List

December 8, 2008

Jeremy Crabtree

Recruiting Editor

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board

Independence (Kan.) Independence C.C. three-star defensive tackle Shavod Atkinsin has made up his mind. The 6-foot-1, 316-pounder told Rivals.com he committed to the school of his choice earlier today.

"I have committed to the University of North Texas," Atkinsin said. "I just felt it was the right place for me. I've always liked the school ever since I took my official visit."

Atkinsin was also offered a scholarship by Sam Houston State and was being recruited by Arkansas, N.C. State and Tulsa. He visited UNT back on Nov. 14 and it was a visit he really liked.

"They had a lot of stuff I didn't expect," Atkinsin said after the visit. "They had a nice Rec Center where everybody could hang out in. The dorms were really nice. The field was pretty tight, too. They offered me a scholarship, and I really like it down there."

Low expectations for a collegiate stadium?

Guest GrayEagleOne

I went through all of the commits listed on the Rivals link, and besides Prior, not many offers listed for these kids. Does this concern anyone else?

One place that I can take solace is in the Rivals Rating. The athletes that we are getting now are rated 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5. We used to get recruits that Rivals wouldn't even rate and the better ones were 5.2. So, according to Rivals, we are getting better athletes.

One place that I can take solace is in the Rivals Rating. The athletes that we are getting now are rated 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5. We used to get recruits that Rivals wouldn't even rate and the better ones were 5.2. So, according to Rivals, we are getting better athletes.

Well, we do need that athleticism. Honestly, I'm much more concerned as to whether we will have anyone who can coach the fundamentals of special teams play.

Well, we do need that athleticism. Honestly, I'm much more concerned as to whether we will have anyone who can coach the fundamentals of special teams play.

Coach drake recieved negative stars on coachingrivals.com and recieved no offers from anyone but me. My offer was a swift kick to the upper groin. He has not yet committed.