I Found This Interesting

UNTLifer

Florida: For those of you that think the "look over" to the sidelines by the offense is high schoolish, I noticed Florida did this a number of times even with a Heisman winner starting at QB.

Alabama: I noticed one of their players that made a tackle on kick coverage was an upperclassman linebacker that was a former starter but had been replaced by one of Saban's undeclassmen recruits. It goes on everywhere folks.

Florida: For those of you that think the "look over" to the sidelines by the offense is high schoolish, I noticed Florida did this a number of times even with a Heisman winner starting at QB.

Alabama: I noticed one of their players that made a tackle on kick coverage was an upperclassman linebacker that was a former starter but had been replaced by one of Saban's undeclassmen recruits. It goes on everywhere folks.

Except that it works at other places.

So I guess the argument that these underclassmen players just need time to develop kinda takes a hit, eh? :ph34r:

So I guess the argument that these underclassmen players just need time to develop kinda takes a hit, eh? :ph34r:

no...people develop at different rates. also, if he's at alabama, chances are he is a much better athlete than the ones we have here.

no...people develop at different rates. also, if he's at alabama, chances are he is a much better athlete than the ones we have here.

Well Alabama is also playing a much tougher schedule than we could dream of, FIU does not put the scare into other teams like even a bottom feeding SEC team like Mississippi State

Thats right, I forget we are different from every other college in the nation. We must have magic pills that are given between the soph and jr years.

Sarcasm aside. Talent is talent, thats why you see sophs and froshs beating out upper classmen in every college program. If we had shown any improvement throughout the year, this may be a valid argument. We did not and this is not.

Edited by UNT90

If either Florida or Bama ever finished 2-10 followed by 1-11 is there any doubt the head coach would be replaced vs given year 3? <_<

We are not Florida or Bama and will never be!!!! Just shut up and accept your lot in life!!!! Never aspire to anything greater!! How dare you!!

vizza has been pretty good....didn't he start and excel as a freshman???

Yes, and we've already noted him as the exception. However, with a line in front of him that leaks like a sieve, it hasn't mattered.

This discussion has been had over and over again - the game is won and lost on the lines. We undersigned in the first two classes on both sides of the ball regarding the lines.

We're not getting the best linemen or even close. We've already been badly beaten on the prep ranks this recruiting season, which is why the staff is handing out scholie offers to JUCOs like candy.

JUCOs are iffy propositions and, like so many other things he did that Dodge now does, Dickey was criticized for going that route too often.

But, here we are again. Three recruiting seasons into Dodge's reign and we're back to the JUCOs heavily for linemen. Nothing has changed. Those who applauded Dodge's hiring said he'd have area recruits pouring in. It hasn't happened. We're still at JUCO reliance and "stealth recruiting" against I-AA/FBS schools.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

if he is the exception that has already been noted by you, then how can you say that developing underclassman doesn't happen here? obviously it has happened.

Then if it happens, and as Euless says, Dodge has recruited better talent than DD, where are the on field results? It leaves only one answer. Coaching.

I find myself being critical of Dodge on here, not because I want to, but because some people (see Euless) want to say Dodge recruited superior talent, but it just hasn't matured yet, but some of it has matured, but the ones that haven't matured are not Dodge's fault, but we are soooo young (turns out, not really), but the cupboard was bare, but it is only Dodge's second year, but we can't afford to let Dodge go (yes, we can), but its his assistants fault (God forbid he be held accountable for who he hired).

I hope he turns it around next year and wins 6-8 games. Haven't seen anything to indicate that he will, but I pray I am wrong. If he does, great, if not, fire him. But please, enough of the excuses. His performance over the first two years has been miserable.

Alot of nice buts in this post.

Yes, and we've already noted him as the exception. However, with a line in front of him that leaks like a sieve, it hasn't mattered.

This discussion has been had over and over again - the game is won and lost on the lines. We undersigned in the first two classes on both sides of the ball regarding the lines.

We're not getting the best linemen or even close. We've already been badly beaten on the prep ranks this recruiting season, which is why the staff is handing out scholie offers to JUCOs like candy.

JUCOs are iffy propositions and, like so many other things he did that Dodge now does, Dickey was criticized for going that route too often.

But, here we are again. Three recruiting seasons into Dodge's reign and we're back to the JUCOs heavily for linemen. Nothing has changed. Those who applauded Dodge's hiring said he'd have area recruits pouring in. It hasn't happened. We're still at JUCO reliance and "stealth recruiting" against I-AA/FBS schools.

JUCOs have to be looked at closely as to why they started in JUCO in the first place: grades, no offers, wrong offers, developing player, medical, etc?? Dodge is now in "turnaround year" and no longer has the luxury of taking a chance on a marginal HS player, he needs playmakers ASAP. I hope it works out; I have my doubts but as every season with whomever is coach I hope they do well.