Where's Dodge?

UNT 90 Grad

That's the guy! Tim Christian, he had a brother named Steve... those two guys could do some drinking... and yes, Tim would always give great Simon stories, really - really funny behind the scenes stuff, lol.

I was a student manager during those days and Tim and I would always cut up during the offensive drills, which were the last hour or two of practice each day. Basically, the guy only deep-snapped, so he just kinda hung out with all of us during practice. He was very funny and the stories about Simon were all true. Believe me, you couldn't make that stuff up. Simon was literally crazy--I am not lying at all. He was always convinced people were spying on our practices, hence Tim and I were always sent to go check why the student who was enjoying a great afternoon outside while watching practice and studying were really at Fouts!! You couldn't begin to understand the looks we would get from these people when we would be forced to ask them why they were here and that our coach thought that might by a spy--for the likes of Sam Houston or Nicholls State or even Montana!! Various head coaches would just get blinsided before games when they would go to meet Simon for the handshake and he would just blast into them for spying!! Unbelievable--and true.

He was the one that had the unfortunate job of snapping to no punter at the OU game thus evoking a roar of laughter from the Sooner faithful and embarrasing me and my little traveling group of fans yet another time. Those were the days... the days of Simon ball!

That wasn't Tim, it was the other deep snaper on the team at that time. At least that was Tim's story during one of those drunken nights at the Skullhouse that Jackal mentioned eariler.