Wbap Radio Currently Running A Negative Stadium Ad

FirefightnRick

3.8 share ratings across the board, ranking it 5 places higher than 105.7, the next closest talk station, with heavy 5.x ratings during the Limbaugh and Hannity shows; both shows beat what Russ Martin, and more than double what The Edge and The Eagle pull in COMBINED during the same timeslots.

...but nobody listens to WBAP. :rolleyes:

WBAP has a massive listening audience that spans across the state of Texas. And they have been instrumental in raising a ton of money for countless charities over the years and I have worked with them in the past for the fire department. Their upcoming annual Texas Ball will raise money to benefit the families of our servicemen overseas. If you drive to work in the DFW metroplex then you should be listening to WBAP, especially the morning show because they give a traffic update every 5 minutes. And by the way, their two in-the-air helicopter traffic reporters, Laura Houston and Monty Cook, are not only married to each other....................they both are North Texas alumni.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Ellie Hogue, and she replied. She said that she couldn't find any students for the fee around the Union and that most didn't even know about the issue. To me, that's a plus... the anti-stadium crowd just isn't that organized or motivated. I am just fine with this story lying dormant until Friday.

I emailed Ellie Hogue, and she replied. She said that she couldn't find any students for the fee around the Union and that most didn't even know about the issue. To me, that's a plus... the anti-stadium crowd just isn't that organized or motivated. I am just fine with this story lying dormant until Friday.

Good to know and more than likely this is as far as it will ever go as far as WBAP is concerned. But like I posted earlier, by 8 p.m. tonight it was a solid report from both sides on the issue that I am completely fine with.

Rick

Good to know and more than likely this is as far as it will ever go as far as WBAP is concerned. But like I posted earlier, by 8 p.m. tonight it was a solid report from both sides on the issue that I am completely fine with.

Rick

Yup I agree. If anyone is able to get the podcast I'd like to hear it.

Heard the story at 8 also. If anything, it was slanted toward the pro stadium side, which is just fine. The only way it would matter is if a parent of a student heard the initial report and motivated their apathic colleged aged kid to vote. While WBAP is a highly rated station, I don't think they are scoring big with the 18-24 demographic.

3.8 share ratings across the board, ranking it 5 places higher than 105.7, the next closest talk station, with heavy 5.x ratings during the Limbaugh and Hannity shows; both shows beat what Russ Martin, and more than double what The Edge and The Eagle pull in COMBINED during the same timeslots.

...but nobody listens to WBAP. :rolleyes:

OK, to make it clearer: nobody (under 50 or on a DFW college campus) listens to WBAP.

Still running it this morning, and evidently at the top of every hour, and it has changed since last night.

First you hear Ellie Hogue(any relation to the infamous Andy Hogue?) talking about a "Heated Debate" on campus, but then say's very few students were in support of the new stadium, "including juniors and seniors.....even though they won't actually have to pay for it?". Then you hear the two students saying the same we heard last night about "we already have a nice stadium" and something else about the team not winning. After that Amy Chodroff, who does the morning news, say's there are students who are in support of it and she mentions the facebook group having nearly 2,000 supporters and then you hear Grant's interview. Although it's not the part they played last night, which was excellent. You only hear Grant saying the stadium was the start of the improvements needed for the program.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I emailed Ellie Hogue...

First you hear Ellie Hogue(any relation to the infamous Andy Hogue?)

I came here to post this...and saw Rick beat me to it:

Dear God, could it be a relative of one-time NT scourge of the Earth and Gainesville Daily Register reporter extrordinaire Andy Hogue? Poor girl.

She's a reporter. She did this because it's her job. It's not her job to bring her school up or down; her job is to report the news she finds. I'm guessing she was assigned this or heard about the voting starting today. She came to the campus and interviewed ten or eleven people, and none of them were in favor of the stadium, so she reported that. Because that's what WBAP pays her to do.

That's my take too. If students who are for the proposal seek her out, WBAP might do a story that reflects the other side before the vote is over.

The good news of her story is that it confirms one thing we've suspected: The people for the stadium care a lot more than the people against it.

I wonder if the student that said she would be fine with paying for parking realizes that the demise of Fouts mean more on-campus parking...

A parking garage is pretty darn expensive and guess what students will be paying $200-300 a year for that right to park, while they can still get in free to all athletic events.

We first had a conversation then she turned on the recorder and did a phone interview for about 5 mins at least. I'm pretty sure she is doing a follow up story. Like I said above, I told her about the REAL facebook group that is students FOR a new stadium and also told her about GMG.com for more information regarding the YES side of the story.

WBAP? That is one of the most listened-to stations in the Metroplex. Maybe not by young people, but by 40 and older...me for one. The students may not listen to it, but their parents' do! Parents can certainly infuence the way their kids vote.

WBAP? That is one of the most listened-to stations in the Metroplex. Maybe not by young people, but by 40 and older...me for one. The students may not listen to it, but their parents' do! Parents can certainly infuence the way their kids vote.

Yeah, if their parents are against it then the students are for it.

Ellie Hogue sent me an email asking for the cell phone number of the leader of the Students for a New Stadium facebook group. I believe it's Derrick M. and I have sent him a message on Facebook but if for some reason anyone has it, she is wanting to do a follow up interview after the results are released. Let me know!