428=10

DeepGreen

Dodge's offense seems to be working fine at Mizzou...seems to be an implementation problem on our end.

Maybe it's because Chase is calling all of his own shots , while our whole team looks to the sidelines for every play for the call from the coach.

Are teams stealing our signs ?? seems like everyone knows what we are going to do ??

Edited by NT03

Dodge's offense seems to be working fine at Mizzou...seems to be an implementation problem on our end.

That? That ain't Dodge's offense.

Look at Mizzou use the hell out of the TE. Run the ball effectively from multiple sets. Spend more time running plays than staring at the sideline.

Dodge's high school QB, yeah.... his offense? No. No more than Mike Leach's or June Jones' or Hal Mumme's.

That? That ain't Dodge's offense.

Look at Mizzou use the hell out of the TE. Run the ball effectively from multiple sets. Spend more time running plays than staring at the sideline.

Dodge's high school QB, yeah.... his offense? No. No more than Mike Leach's or June Jones' or Hal Mumme's.

Noper, it is Dodge's offense. When they switched coaches several years ago they asked TD to come to Missouri to install his offense there. That was the same time they recruited Daniels to come run the thing.

Link

They have modified it, but that is the TD offense.c

Noper, it is Dodge's offense. When they switched coaches several years ago they asked TD to come to Missouri to install his offense there. That was the same time they recruited Daniels to come run the thing.

Link

Dodge's name isn't mentioned in that article once.

Yes, he went up to Mizzou, I know that... but trust me -- The Missouri Tigers did not have a high school coach from Texas come "install a new offense" for them and go back home. Dodge shared some insight, sure.. but that's it.

Can we get rid our High school look, or SLC look? The more I look at our unis, helmet, offense, helmet we run through onto the field, the more I am reminded of SLC.

We should change uni's and helmets with the SOW for the

first game at the new stadium. Drop Mean Green and go back to the Eagles!

Edited by NT91

The reason we hate the new look is because we have SUCKED the whole time we've had it. The "script" helmet holds a place in our heart not because of it's cool design, but because the winning the team was doing while wearing it.

Well since we are not going to be EVEN competitive this year, and since I am not going to stop going out to the games, can we at least go back to the old uniforms so I won't keep thinking to myself M I C K E Y M O U S E while watching.

Maybe it's because Chase is calling all of his own shots , while our whole team looks to the sidelines for every play for the call from the coach.

Are teams stealing our signs ?? seems like everyone knows what we are going to do ??

Yes, Dodge gets a lot of credit for that offense. However, Pinkel's staff met with him to integrate them a little to take advantage of Daniel's talent and experience. Wish he would copy Mizzou's use of a tight end.

Does anyone else have the feeling Dodge is coaching to his system rather than to the particular attributes of his players? Kind of, this is my system and this is what I run, regardless of whether or not I have the players to run it.

I honestly have no idea what he is trying to do, or for that matter, I am not sure he really does either. After every game this season he says something to the sort of "I don't know why it is not working."

This team is so far off there are not words to describe it.

Link

I hate to restate something that has already been stated...

That is not Todd Dodges' Offense. He was a consultant for Mizzou and their coach was smart enough to employ Tight ends and Snaps that happen under center.

They use elements of what dodge put in, but they are much more diverse and have a distinct mizzou flavor. Which I'm guessing tastes like the tiger blood snowcone mixed with winning.

Our lineman don't look to the sidelines. Makes me wonder how they know what to do with all those sideline audibles.

There's definitely some questionable play calling going on here. For me, the game was lost in the second quarter. UNT ball in FIU territory. Somewhere around the 25-30 yard line. 3rd down and less than a yard. Dodge decides to go from the shotgun formation...twice! We turn the ball over on downs, FIU scores, UNT gives up.

Going from the shotgun....twice...from that yardage when a simple sneak would've gotten the first down, in my mind, puts just as much culpability on the current coaching staff as running the ball on 3rd and 25 did on the past.