Dodge

LAZER

I think he did the right thing. He prepared this team, I'm positive of that. I think they just laid down after the first stop by Rice and then the muffed kickoff. The team quit...and I hope Dodge and DeLoach are chewing asses right now and don't have time for the media.

This team is not remotely competitive.

What was he going to say?!? I don't imagine a lot of words suitable for the airwaves are going through his mind right now.

I guess he didn't want to say them on the air and have to kick himself off the team.

4 years - look we are halfway through dodge's tenure with us - in 2009 we will be better or we will only have one more year to stomach. By this time next year if we are in the same position we can begin thinking about our next dream coach to lead us into the new stadium. right now I am not calling for dodge's head but this time next year and 70 to UAB or something like that and we can begin the interview process.

mean green win either way!

gmg

I think it's clear that coach Dodge is in over his head. The question is can he learn and hire his way out of being in over his head, or is this a lost cause?

I don't think he should be fired, nor is it time for anyone to start calling for his head.

...but the mistakes must start being looked at and we as a fanbase and RV as his boss should start looking for (and demanding that) the things that NEED to change... ...change. We need an indication that there is a direction.

1. SLC/HS coaches. Every last one that he brought with him should be fired. We should surrond Coach Dodge with assistants who have real college experience and some levels of college level success.

2. Discipline. This team, both off the field acedemically, and on the field when it comes to penalties and stupid mistakes, if far too undisciplined. I believe this happens when a coach and staff doesn't have the respect of the team. Dodge must make changing this his number one priority for the rest of the season.

3. Fundamentals. Tackling. Catching a Kick. The basics should be drilled.

4. Admitting a fundamental flaw in schemes. Now that the college football world has seen the TD schemes, which don't seem to change much, our potent offense of 2008 has disappeared. Schemes must be changed up and a TE installed.

5. Smart Recruiting - We have a good stable of skilled offensive player. We need to be recruiting every other position in 2009. NO WR's or QB's should be targeted as 2009 prospects. We must get speed in the Secondary and bigger and stronger players on the OL.

If coach Dodge makes these changes for the rest of this season and into the off-season, then I think he'll prove that he can get himself through this mess through good decision making and putting good people around him. If not, I think it will be clear that he's simply in over his head and that he's not the man for this job.

4 years - look we are halfway through dodge's tenure with us - in 2009 we will be better or we will only have one more year to stomach. By this time next year if we are in the same position we can begin thinking about our next dream coach to lead us into the new stadium. right now I am not calling for dodge's head but this time next year and 70 to UAB or something like that and we can begin the interview process.

mean green win either way!

gmg

Do we play UAB in 2009?