Positives Out Of The Lsu Game

bigntex

Well played sir. You've got tallent.

The play of Craig and Toby at LB.

The maturation of Dibrell and Vizza.

Truman punted well and was protected fairly well on his kicks.

FG kicker made his kick in a big time atmosphere.

Casey being Casey.

Positives from LSU game:

1. No sacks by LSU

2. one interception by LSU (Dodge) 1 interception by NT (Kylie Hill)

3. No fumbles by NT, 1 fumble by LSU recovered by NT

4. Time of possession NT 32.22 vs LSU 27.38 of course when you make long runs like LSU you don't need time on possession.

5. Shorter and Kylee Hill as well as Nwigee and Robertson mentioned time after time.

Interesting comment by radio commentators....on NT's lack of wins...NT has played 59 different players this year 23 of them played for their first time at NT. NT had only 2 offensive Seniors starting....WR's Stickler and Fitzgerald and had only 2 defensive starters in isaac Thomas and Joseph Miller.

I heard Nwigee and Roberson, Kylee Hill and John Shorter mentioned time after time.

Defense still has a way to go and Big Time way to go with special team play. Penalties continue to hurt NT, stopping drives.

Positives from LSU game:

1. No sacks by LSU

2. one interception by LSU (Dodge) 1 interception by NT (Kylie Hill)

3. No fumbles by NT, 1 fumble by LSU recovered by NT

4. Time of possession NT 32.22 vs LSU 27.38 of course when you make long runs like LSU you don't need time on possession.

5. Shorter and Kylee Hill as well as Nwigee and Robertson mentioned time after time.

Williams from LSU fumbled the ball on the kickoff but recovered it himself. That was the only fumble for the game by either team.

The positive of the LSU was getting out of there alive and with their heads held high. I think the team did that myself. I believe the offense just keeps shooting itself in the foot with inopportune drops and penalites.

Defense lacks some speed but truly is playing young personnel. Hell, the whole team is young for that matter.

Coach Miles on his radio show seemed truly impressed with UNT and some of the key players.

I just finished watching the 1st qtr (gonna finish later).

Here's my thoughts:

• TD and Co. went toe-to-toe with the National Champs for a full qtr. DD's team were notorious for getting blown out early and then running out the game clock.
  • Hill had a nice interception. But rewind to the line of scrimmage. A blitzing linebacker flushed Hatch out to Charlie Brown; who forced a hurried throw. That is a glimpse of our future, if we can get consistent D-line play.
  • The LSU quarterback only once had to move around. Our D-Line play sucked. We need some lineman to grow up, get mean...something. That is where we are deficient. Period.
  • We trapped Trendon Holliday on a end around. We contained 11th fastest man in America. That is disciplined defensive play.
  • Their special teams players are fast; real fast.
  • Lance Dunbar displayed the kind of acceleration I haven't seen since the last time we played Colorado (yeah, he reminded me of #20).
  • Vizza had really, really good protection against a stout defensive LSU line,
  • Vizza to Dibrell and Fitz are really good. I now understand why we pulled Riley's redshirt. None of our other 43 receivers have decided to be a play maker yet. One of them will have to step up soon.

I was realyl impressed with how they have played so far. I am feeling really upbeat.

WOW, I am impressed: you actually did what I considered doing (I got tired head and went to watch the Oakland). I will admit that I do remember the finals being that bad; I thought they were got out of hand quicker (that UT one was painful). My point was to slam Dickey as much as it was to remind folks that no matter how bad yesterday was; it wasn't too far from the previous 8 or so years.

I do apologize for generating a post that caused you to spend your afternoon finding halftime scores for the past 8 years (is that the power I wield from an anonymous keyboard ;) )

It's never good when I am the point of inspiration...that usually leads to binge drinking or trips to Las Vegas.

Your post was rare for this board, as you used actual facts to prove a point (as opposed to referencing a SMU message board thread, or a news article whose location seems to long lost).

Overall, I can find a few diamonds in the poo-poo that is the LSU game. My hope is that there is far less poo-poo against Rice.

Then its back to the internet arranged murder-suicide pacts.