Seriously...

NCMeanGreen

I am sure that crap went over well in HS...but there is just too much speed in the college game. This whole "receivers acting as RB's" thing ain't cuttin' it. And the running the ball up the middle on every 2nd down, and giving us 3rd and long has got to stop.

WAY too many 3rd and longs. This offense obviously has no response for that.

Unfortunately, it looks like the glitz and glamour has worn off of this offense. We really need to go back to the drawing board, and come up with an offense that can actually MOVE the ball...

Well, I agree with you, just because I'm not a fan of these types of offenses. In Dodge's defense, Tulsa runs the no huddle (similar to Florida, not the 4yd B.S. NT runs but the no huddle non the less) and they are where this team wants to be at some point. I still have mixed feelings because you can see passing plays are flat out designed for specific WR's with the others acting as blockers/decoys on 1-2nd downs. You throw the ball on a quick pass and your WR's have to make blocks or make people miss on the corners. The OL is constantly back peddling to pass block (another reason I hate these offenses). There is no point of attack for the OL. Firing off to run block doesn't exist so you can't wear the D down. RB's have 1 priority - block. That is why our best RB, Cam, doesn't start.

RB's have 1 priority - block. That is why our best RB, Cam, doesn't start.

Not to strengthen the "Bring back DD!" chant...but Cam would have been an awesome RB in that offense. Too bad we cannot figure out a way to utilize him, b/c he shows such promise (could be a "feature" back?) to be a very good RB. I think this will serve as a point of argument in the future...should we have done more with him?

Well, I agree with you, just because I'm not a fan of these types of offenses. In Dodge's defense, Tulsa runs the no huddle (similar to Florida, not the 4yd B.S. NT runs but the no huddle non the less) and they are where this team wants to be at some point. I still have mixed feelings because you can see passing plays are flat out designed for specific WR's with the others acting as blockers/decoys on 1-2nd downs. You throw the ball on a quick pass and your WR's have to make blocks or make people miss on the corners. The OL is constantly back peddling to pass block (another reason I hate these offenses). There is no point of attack for the OL. Firing off to run block doesn't exist so you can't wear the D down. RB's have 1 priority - block. That is why our best RB, Cam, doesn't start.

If Todd Graham ever gets a good Defensive coordinator, look out. He got a great OC in Mahlzan.