Stadium Video

Daddy Dumpsalot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Stadium video finished playing I noticed Rick V staring daggers at the drumline and shaking his head. He looked pissed the rest of the night.

I think they should have announced that the video was playing right before it went on, because it just randomly appeared out of nowhere. A simple "Ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention to the video board for a special presentation..." would have done the job.

As for the video itself, it looked good! I got some chills when the "camera" rushed through the stadium tunnel and unveiled the field. I'm not sure what Mean Joe had to say but I'm sure it was great (I couldn't hear anything).

When people see this video in the future it should go a long way towards making the new stadium seem more attainable.

I was standing at the same end of the field RV was, and I agree he looked upset.

Like I said. Students will see this on NTTV and 2 more home games before the vote.

I walked through the greek tents, stopped and talked to as many people as I could. Of the 40-50 students I talked to, only one really questioned the need for it and after talking to him for a few minutes he said he would vote for it. Granted, it's a population of football fans but I am very pleased with the feedback I received tonight.

I gotta admit it was sad. No one paid any attention and the stupid drumline was banging so loud no one could hear a word that Fry or Greene was saying. I call it a flop.

If you think that was bad, what till you see the tv broadcast. It was worse than our defense.....truly embarrasing.

Edited by Talon90

I walked through the greek tents, stopped and talked to as many people as I could. Of the 40-50 students I talked to, only one really questioned the need for it and after talking to him for a few minutes he said he would vote for it. Granted, it's a population of football fans but I am very pleased with the feedback I received tonight.

This is great news. Not so much that you heard 40-50 students that said yes, but that you were out there campaining - good work!

I'm not too bummed about the game, but I would like to agree about the stadium video.

The following things just scream "SMALL TIME" to me:

1. The drumline playing over the extremely important stadium video

2. All the lights not working on the scoreboard for the home opener...I guess we are now the Mean Gre

3. Fireworks going off after we score a field goal

4. Cheerleaders leading stadium-wide cheers while we're on offense.

Wow.

I was standing at the same end of the field RV was, and I agree he looked upset.

Like I said. Students will see this on NTTV and 2 more home games before the vote.

Flyer, RV should be upset. And he only needs to look in a mirror to see who to blame. Something as big as this stadium, and it appears there has been little planning for the campaign by the athletic department. It should be a much more coordinated effort than what it is. Again, simple planning, what is going to take place (when, where, and by whom). I am for a stadium, WE MUST HAVE IT, but with this laid back group at the athletic department, IT WILL BE A TOUGH ROAD! You, Sir Flyer, have done a great job for your part.

I was like, "Is that Hayden Fry?!?!"

No one was paying attention.

This program has no excuse to not be competitive, and yet at every opportunity and every knock on the door it seems like a higher power just pisses on us. Pieces fall apart, plans don't go as expected.

And I'm emotionally detaching myself until conference and maybe longer. I'm just so exhausted. I can find every reason in the world to continue to be optimistic, and then 3 hours and a game later I'm eating my words. This is not me quitting the game; rather, I'm putting the controller down to watch someone else play.

I'll be there every step of the way with my body and money, but for now I can't be the cheerleader.

Thanks for the brat, Greek. Nice to meet you MeanMag.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Not that I really care, because I think the stadium is the wrong way to invest the money, but there was 'background' music in it that was too loud and made it impossible to tell what Hayden and Mean Joe were saying. I did go and see the model, and thanks to Flyer for that information; sure it would be great, but after I saw what happened on the field, I am sure we have more immediate concerns. We have a lot more going wrong than 'not having the best athletes'.