K State Road Trip Blog, Tailgating Info

Evan

bump. helpful thread.

This is my first road trip outside of a marching band experience in a while. Copied and pasted from a Kansas alumn coworker:

Be sure to stop by Aggieville to check out some of the drinking establishments. Lucky Brew Grill has good bloody marys, and Rusty's Last Chance is a popular hangout. They used to have shuttle school buses from Aggieville that will take you to the stadium for free. Otherwise, it's about a mile walk. Tailgating at the stadium is quite popular as well. I haven't been in about 10 years, so things may have changed some.

Ok there are several good places to watch games on Saturday, Most people would say Rusty's, because they have a ton of flat screen TV's, and with 4 or 5 different bars, you're bound to find one that you like. My personal favorite place to watch games is at Tubby's, they have a balcony which is a great place to see all the flat screens hung on the wall. Every seat in the balcony also has it's own flat screen TV at each table hanging on the wall (The food is all reasonably priced and very good). Tubby's is very popular though, so it might be tough to get into. The best burger in town would probably belong to So Long Saloon, it's called the Resist Temptation Burger and it's basically 2/3 pounds beef, Bacon, Cheese, and a Fried egg... it's pretty amazing. But So Long is pretty much impossible to get into during the summer when students aren't here, so I wouldn't suggest trying on a game day with all the students in town. Of course if you want a chain restaurant that has a ton of screens and would be relatively easy to get into, Buffalo Wild Wings is always an option. One last bar you could try is Kites, and while it's generally known as a Frat Bar, they just recently opened a new side that's pretty nice and has less of that frat atmosphere. While you're there if you feel up to it you can try the Will Ferrell burger which is like 8 pounds of beef and 30 some dollars. They also have pictures of him eating the burger that's named after him when he was in town last winter. Like I said just walk up and down the street and I'm sure you'll find a place to watch, because pretty much every place has flat screens.

If any of you make it into town tomorrow, and are looking for something to do, you can go down to Purple Power play on poyntz, which is located on Poyntz Avenue down around 3rd street next to the Mall. This is basically a 2-3 block street festival with all kinds of vendors, and live bands. Also probably not of interest to you they will be interviewing Coach Prince and the KSU team. Also if you stay around till Dark I hear they have a pretty amazing fireworks display over the mall. If any of you are in town tomorrow night, I would definitely suggest heading to Aggieville as this is the first weekend that all the students are back, and it's after the first week of classes, so I can imagine it will be pretty insane (Oh yeah 3 day weekend helps also). If you guys have anymore questions for me, I should be checking this board a couple more times before the game since I'm basically done with classes for the week now.

Ayo