As promised, I grabbed a stack of posters at the cookout to give to local businesses. On my way home from work, I stopped by Hooters. I took 4 posters in, ordered wings to go and a beer and asked to see the manager. He came over and I asked if he would hang up the posters. He was very excited and said "Absolutely!" He then looked at the sponsors and said "We need to get our name on here, how do I do that?" I told him to contact the Athletics Department and they'd hook him up.

I then asked, "So didn't you guys try to keep the coach's show? It used to be here."

He said, "Yeah, USED TO BE."

"What happened?"

"That new lady up there... what's her name?"

I cringe. "Dr. Bataille? The new President?"

"YEAH! She said this wasn't a family-friendly atmosphere, and she wanted it moved."

So there you go.

BTW, very positive response at every business I asked to put up a poster.

Edited by UNTflyer

Good job with the posters.

Can anyone confirm that there are postings and signs all over the dorms? Lobbies, cafeterias, by elevators on every floor, etc...

Talk to bstnsportsfan3. He is involved with the residence services. Posters should be handed out with dorm keys!

Talk to bstnsportsfan3. He is involved with the residence services. Posters should be handed out with dorm keys!

i will let you know in 3 days....im now an RA at Victory Hall and i move in on Thursday...its cool to be in the hall right next to the pratice fields and athletic center!

Dude, that's great. I know this is a great assignment for a fan like you.

ya i got the job last week, really excited, have really wanted to be an RA and the fact that i got Victory, with it being right next to the fields and the AC made it even greater! ive never been so pumped to get back to school, plus the fact that i quit my job at wal-mart means i no longer leave campus on weekends and can see every fooball game this year! G....M....G!

I might just make every resident i have to put up a poster in thier room!...j/k...wish i could though. but my residents will be well informed on why they should vote for a new stadium!...i know housing is behind the Athletic department 100%

U....N....T....Eagles.....UNT Eagles Fight! Fight! Fight!

p.s

i like eagles much better then mean green, but thats just my opinion....

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

As promised, I grabbed a stack of posters at the cookout to give to local businesses. On my way home from work, I stopped by Hooters. I took 4 posters in, ordered wings to go and a beer and asked to see the manager. He came over and I asked if he would hang up the posters. He was very excited and said "Absolutely!" He then looked at the sponsors and said "We need to get our name on here, how do I do that?" I told him to contact the Athletics Department and they'd hook him up.

I then asked, "So didn't you guys try to keep the coach's show? It used to be here."

He said, "Yeah, USED TO BE."

"What happened?"

"That new lady up there... what's her name?"

I cringe. "Dr. Bataille? The new President?"

"YEAH! She said this wasn't a family-friendly atmosphere, and she wanted it moved."

So there you go.

I'll never quite understand why they moved it from El Guapo's. Great food, great atmosphere, plenty of space.

Did you go to all the stores on the square? Back when Emmitt and I did it, a couple of them yelled at us for "soliciting". By trying to give them posters. Really.

Thanks for the effort to get the posters up around town. That's doing something positive to help. Way to go. Yes, the new Prez moved the Coach Dodge Show from Hooter's and, in my opinion, for no good reason at all. Hooter's is as much a "family atmosphere" as Sweetwater and this year's venue, the Pour House. I see as many kids and families in Hooter's as I do either of those two places. Maybe it's just because the Prez didn't want to have to wear that Hooter's outfit whne she went to the show. Oh, that's right, I don't recall seeing her at any of last year's broadcasts. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks to Hooter's and all the local merchants for allowing the posters in their businesses, and thanks to everyone for taking them to the mercahnts. BTW, did athletic dept. personnel help deliver posters around town. Just a question, just wondering.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Thanks for the effort to get the posters up around town. That's doing something positive to help. Way to go. Yes, the new Prez moved the Coach Dodge Show from Hooter's and, in my opinion, for no good reason at all. Hooter's is as much a "family atmosphere" as Sweetwater and this year's venue, the Pour House. I see as many kids and families in Hooter's as I do either of those two places. Maybe it's just because the Prez didn't want to have to wear that Hooter's outfit whne she went to the show. Oh, that's right, I don't recall seeing her at any of last year's broadcasts. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks to Hooter's and all the local merchants for allowing the posters in their businesses, and thanks to everyone for taking them to the mercahnts. BTW, did athletic dept. personnel help deliver posters around town. Just a question, just wondering.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

They've been delivering posters before each season for the last few years - Jamie makes sure of it.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I heard Dr. B tried to get the Hooter's in Denton to change their predominant color from orange to green and got turned down, so she had them move the show.