Unt Notes On Cole, Bowls

Harry

Well, well. Another late bloomer for North Texas. I seem to recall that we had another late bloomer at North Texas. As I recall, Cedric Hardeman transfered to North Texas as a safety, and blossomed into a 6'4" X 240lb DE who was all-conference and ended up on one All-American team.

Here's hoping. ;)

6-5. 235lbs... he could play left offensive tackle? Seriously, this kid appears to be a diamond in the rough. Another year of weights and we somehow get him into the 245-250 range??? Might be something special. I'm just glad we have another body to put into the rotation. From the article, it looks like TD wants Cole to contribute right away. We'll get to see if his speed helps get pressure. I know this wont be popular, but I think I agree with another poster on the board who suggested this might be a good time for the 3-4 defense. This defense would certainly measure up a little better with the losses of Gilmore and Horton. Use the speed and skill in positions where we have it???

DT - Joe Miller

NT - Isaac Thomas

DT - Draylon Ross

OLB - Craig Robertson

ILB - Colt Mahan

MLB - Tobe Nwigwe

OLB - A.J. Penson

LCB - Latiff Nurudeen

FS - Kartey Agbottah

SS - Germaine Dawson

RCB - Kylee Hill

Practice is only a couple of weeks away, and Gary DeLoach now holds a "Rubik's Cube" of players. We know he is the real deal, but it will take a few spins for the defensive pieces to match up. Here's to hoping his magic works quickly...

GMG!!!

The 3-4 defense seems to better fit our personnel this season.

I hear the 3-3-5 is going to be the college defense of the future.

Why not up the ante and mesh the two.

Who's with me on the 3-4-5 defense?!!!!!1!1

Those Sum Belt Sumbidges will never know what's coming their way!

The 3-4 defense seems to better fit our personnel this season.

I hear the 3-3-5 is going to be the college defense of the future.

Why not up the ante and mesh the two.

Who's with me on the 3-4-5 defense?!!!!!1!1

Those Sum Belt Sumbidges will never know what's coming their way!

So we have some invisible players I guess, would love to be able to have a 12th man on the field as long as the refs do not catch wind of it. ;)

"It also helped North Texas that they play Kansas State and LSU. Mack is from Kansas and wants to show Kansas State that they made a mistake by not recruiting him. He also wants to play the best and he will get that opportunity against LSU.”

Seems like this player has a lot to prove and is hungry and eager to prove people wrong. Having a chip on your shoulder is always a great

motivator, I hope MC is the guy we hope he can be at DE.