Soccer team readies for run at title

Cerebus

I think that John might be talking to the other teams in the league. I don't know when that interview was made and I don't know who the nine that he talks about are. I'm pretty sure the Adame is gone, and she started all but one game. We have three girls who played in over 10 of our 18 games, but the most that any started was 3. Interesting!

I think our strength will be in the defense. As long a Marin is there we'll be a strong attacking team, although I'm worried about losing a starter up there. The area that bothers me is the middle. It looks like we will only have one player returning who was a regular starter in the middle. We're lucky that have a senior of Michelle's capability to play center mid, as that position is like the quaterback in football.

The other positions in the middle will have good players available, but that's also where you need subs the most. We have to have 4 outside midfielders to provide the speed that the game requires. That's two starters and two subs who can step in when the startes run out of gas. It's like the end position, you need to sub because those positions need a lot of sprints.

We need for some freshmen/transfers to step up in the middle... That's my $.02 worth and if I'm so smart why aren't I getting paid big bucks as a coach?

I didn't add that I don't have any inside information, and I'm not trying to second guess the coach, for all may faults, at least I don't do that.

What I really miss is the opportunity to talk soccer with others who know the game and the team. I'd enjoyed speculating about where which player will play and all the other endless topics soccer nuts spend hours upon. Now the only time I can do that is when I go to a game.

I know that most folks on this board can't wait for football, just think how it is for those of us who can't wait for soccer! We don't even have anyone to talk shop with... sad.gif Oh well I guess that means I get teh last word!