If You Blew Up The Mavs Roster

I'm wondering, who would you try to go get that is not a superstar? Considering that the Mavs have pretty much given away any players/picks that could net them a "difference maker" who would you get to be an upgrade at the role player positions?

My first pick would be Rajon Rondo.

I'm wondering, who would you try to go get that is not a superstar? Considering that the Mavs have pretty much given away any players/picks that could net them a "difference maker" who would you get to be an upgrade at the role player positions?

I think Michael Redd, Corey Maggette, or Mike Miller, in that order of preference, could all be had for someone on the current roster.

Rajon Rondo is an interesting player but I am not sure if Boston would consider that unless if Josh Howard was a part of the package. Lets not forget that Bostons window is about 2 seasons with their big 3. Rondo is young and he is really becoming a stud. I think there are a lot of trade possibilities out there because teams wouldnt mind adding Howard, Jet, Stack and even Damp to their team if they will be beneficial to them. The people I would want would be guys like Michael Redd, Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal, Corey Magette etc. And I know realistically it would take a lot getting some of these players but a guy like Luol Deng would be a great fit for this Mavs team I think...from all indications he is a really great locker room guy and his abilities are something the Mavs could use. Honestly, any move the Mavs make to get some new people in here would be a "difference maker" I think.

Crazy...I was just about to start this thread.

Dirk stays...that leaves Josh Howard, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry as "attractive" trade pieces. Josh would still be appealing to a team on the cusp of being extremely competitive...and I think the best three options are Toronto, Chicago and Portland.

Toronto desperatly needs a second scorer along side Chris Bosh...and they have the ability to deal one of two very solid point guards, T.J. Ford or Jose Calderon. Kris Humphries, Joey Graham and their 08 draft pick (~17) in some combination would be appealing throw ins...or include an expiring contract as well and maybe land Anthony Parker...he's older, but a better option than Devean George or Eddie Jones.

Chicago is in a similar situation with Dallas...they took a huge step backwards this season and needs to shake up the roster. Kirk Hinrich fell out of favor towards the end of the season and would be a nice pick-up...throw in Thabo Sefolosha to add some athleticism...and Tyrus Thomas seems to be being pushed out by Drew Gooden, Joakim Noah and whoever the Bulls use their lottery pick on (Kevin Love, Kostas Koufus ect.)

Portland has a wealth of young talent...a lottery pick...and Greg Oden coming back next season. Josh should still be able to pull some combination of Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Jarrett Jack...maybe even with a Josh McRoberts or Sergio Rodriguez as a throw in.

Kidd is appealing b/c of his expiring contract...but he would have to go to a team still playing today (Boston if they don't win??????)

I don't think Jet brings much in the way of trade value...he loves Dallas...and he would still be a valuable piece next season.

I wish we could move Stack...just don't see it happening

Free Agency this year is either a big name or nobody...the middle of the free agent pack is pretty weak. I don't think Maggette is getable...but maybe Antwann Jamison again? On the next tier I think Jarvis Hayes, Josh Childress, Andris Biedrins or Craig Smith would all be nice additions.

Additionally...I think there could be a steal available with our late 2nd round draft pick...Keith Brumbaugh. Brumbaugh signed with Okie State out of H.S. and was a top 10 national recruit...he's had his academic problems and has bounced around the JUCO circuit the past 2 seasons...but he did average over 35 points per game last season at Hillsborough Community College. He's 6'10" 220...and versitile enough to play the 3 or the 4. Some other interesting names that may be there when the Mavs pick...J.R. Giddens and James Gist are freak athletes and DeMarcus Nelson is an experienced defensive stopper in the making