Nt Daily Article On Radisson Lease

UNTLifer

I don't think any of these articles have mentioned that NT paid $4.5 million to buy out the remaining 45 years on the lease.

Wow, that's interesting. If UNT paid that kind of cash to terminate the lease....hmmm, I bet UNT doesn't end up paying that kind of cash. I bet the new hotel developer pays that kind of cash. That just help me read between the lines....Big times are coming for this property and the Mean Green Nation!!!

random thought, but after speaking with some Hospitality heads at a recent scholarship event, i am willing to bet that the JQH hotels that was mentioned not to long ago, and a student run Hotel lab at said JQH hotel, are in the very near future, as is the stadium. It will be a combined project. and I would be willing to bet that there will be an announcement very soon.

It is just to fantastic of a piece of property to not be able to make money there. A big name like Embassy Suites could roll in a fantastic amount of advertising and money if the property is right, and that kind of name on the hotel, attatched to the stadium (naming rights) could be that Boon T Pickens, or whatever his name was, that so many think that we need. Just a random fact but over 100,000 cars and trucks pass that intersection every day, that is alot of eyes looking on the same thing, all held captive by the beauty of our stadium and the astonishment of the brand new hotel that they will be building there as well...... That is just based on what I have heard but it all makes to much sense. :ph34r:

Guest 97and03

They paid 4.5 mil to terminate the lease? Well, that just about does it for me. I'm pretty convinced that something big is about to happen.

Either that, or our administration has just been duped like a bunch of back-country rubes.

Big things are happening!

After reading that document - Didn't know we had a missle base on campus.. Hmmm. Asbestos in Masters Hall and Nuclear ICBMs on campus? What's next? :rolleyes:

The missle base is not exactly "on" campus. It's a little outside of town. I used to have to patrol out there while I was a toy cop an UNT. We'd go out and play, I mean inspect, the missle launch lift. You could put a police car on it, and lower it from gound to below ground level and back. There is a whole room underground for work on the missles I guess. I suppose it's all still there. Way cool!

Surely if you read the document you all saw this:

48. Construction of Football Stadium

a. Need: Old stadium in poor condition, necessary to compete successfully in IA football and needed to connect with Athletic Center.

b. Cost: $50,000,000

c. Schedule: Sept 2007 to Sept 2009

d. Status: Dependent on major gift or gifts

They better make some announcement soon if this will happen by 2009. Didn't Riley mention, in the interview with him as the HS Player of the year, that there would be a stadium by his Sophmore season... which would coincidentally be 2009???

Huummmm... What will $50 million buy??? :rolleyes:

Guest 97and03

The missle base is not exactly "on" campus. It's a little outside of town. I used to have to patrol out there while I was a toy cop an UNT. We'd go out and play, I mean inspect, the missle launch lift. You could put a police car on it, and lower it from gound to below ground level and back. There is a whole room underground for work on the missles I guess. I suppose it's all still there. Way cool!

The base housed Nike missiles, which I believe were for ABM defense. That is where the observatory is for astronomy. They used to hold the lost and found and I heard stories of hundreds of bicycles down there. Don't know if that is still the case.

Edited by 97and03

I actually took the time to add up all the money mentioned in the document... the grand total including the $50,000,000 for the stadium is $412,095,000. To me anyway, this makes the money needed for the Stadium look much less intimidating. Surely they can redistribute some of these funds around to cover the stadium cost, eh? Especially considering that the stadium (we all hope) will generate additional revenue.

What is also interesting is that they expected to pay 7 mil for the Raddison and they ended up only paying 4.5 mil.

I wonder if the difference can go to the Stadium fund? ;)

I just got an unconfirmed report that a mass e-mail is being drafted up by the liquidator's, currently at Radisson, to all booked guests (Hotel & Event) that the new owner (UNT) will be closing down the entire building May 31 2008.

The guests are encouraged to find alternate means of lodging and event space in and around Denton beyond May 31. Refunds will be made available to those who demand it.

Let the speculation continue to foster for at least another two months as to the fate of that building!

I just got an unconfirmed report that a mass e-mail is being drafted up by the liquidator's, currently at Radisson, to all booked guests (Hotel & Event) that the new owner (UNT) will be closing down the entire building May 31 2008.

The guests are encouraged to find alternate means of lodging and event space in and around Denton beyond May 31. Refunds will be made available to those who demand it.

Let the speculation continue to foster for at least another two months as to the fate of that building!

Eventually I will say, "I told you so" !! :D:D

Here's hoping that the next 3 months fly by, but the heat of the summer will probably make it seem like forever! :(