Wac Final Something Else

CMJ

Great game. I was pulling for NMSU. Sure is a big difference between the Sun Belt final crowd and the WAC finals crowd. The Sun Belt is so small time.

It was a home game for NMSU. Had it been Boise vs. Utah State there would have been a similar SBC-type final crowd, or less. If USA would have been in the final vs. WKU, as expected, there would have been 10x more in attendance in Mobile. Still, all things 1-A considered, I vote for a move to the WAC. :D

Edited by NT80

It was a home game for NMSU. Had it been Boise vs. Utah State there would have been a similar SBC-type final crowd, or less. If USA would have been in the final vs. WKU, as expected, there would have been 10x more in attendance in Mobile. Still, all things 1-A considered, I vote for a move to the WAC. :D

There wasn't room in the Mitchell Center for 10x the crowd that watched MTSU and WKU. Western Kentucky traveled VERY WELL... Over 1000 Hilltoppers by my estimate. That's not counting MTSU fans, other assorted hangers on, and the locals who came to watch despite USA being eliminated.

It wasn't a packed house, but it was a respectable crowd given the circumstances.

Ditto on all the comments about how the host team was in the WAC final.

Guys and gals we really need to get out to the host city to watch the tourney next year - myself included. I was lucky enough to go to the Mountain West Tournament this year where I watched UNLV squeak by TCU - talk about a game! I am a Mean Green fan first, Lobo fan second and UNLV fan third when it comes to college hoops. Seeing the unthinkable almost happen with the Runnin Rebels almost going down was something else. Hearing TCU playing Deep in the Heart of Texas warmed the heart. But the passion, excitement from all teams fans being in the house is awesome!

After the Rebel win I stayed to watch the new and improved New Mexico Lobos. I actually drove down to NM twice from Vegas just to experience some games in The Pit again. Alford is setting up NM nicely for the future and their fans were rabid in Sin City. They bring thousands to the tourney every year even though they have failed to make it out of their first round game 7 of the last 9 years! I rooted like heck for the Lobos to advance, but stingy Utah pulled it out. Lobo fans are frustrated after McKay took their program into the toilet and were saddened by this lost. They will go NIT but they had a chance to make the dance with a couple of wins. UNLV vs UNM matchup - see the order on top:) By the way every Utah, BYU, Lobo fan in the house was rooting hard for that Frog upset that didn't materialize, so you can have fun watching ALL of the games!

I had to work and couldn't make the final last night but dvr'ed it. It was great to see this undersized UNLV team beat the mighty cougars who bring the house along with NM to Vegas. What a game and I am so proud to have watched this group surge. They will struggle with size in the dance like they did against Utah and BYU, but Kruger is the man. I love his style of D, just smothering!

So yes, feeling guilty that I did not see the Mean Green this year but managed alot of rebel lobo games. We have a solid team in Denton and I along with all on this board need to support them in Denton, away and in Hot Springs next year!

GMG

U-N-L-V Go Fight Win!

Do we have the dates yet for the Hot Springs trip?

The SBC website still says they are unannounced on the dates.

But the NCAA tournament starts on March 17th next year. This year's starts on the 18th... So you can probably assume (if the schedule and timing stay the same) that the SBC tournament will likely run from March 7th-10th. It may shift a few days (later likelier than earlier), but you're looking at something including the weekend of March 7th and 8th.

Plan accordingly.