Gmg.com Draft Bios

medpilot21

I'll start this thing off.

MEDPILOT21:

A taller QB and safety. Veteran of all GMG Bowl games, the after parties, and one post-game XRAY.

Positives: Throw the deep ball well, throw the middle-routes better, throw up after a Jager-Meister shot guaranteed. Above average hands and can take a hit. (refer to the XRAY comment already posted) Good down-field throws, spreads the ball to multiple receivers, finds the open spots and get the ball there quickly.

Negatives: Andy Blount was near most of those open spots, so passes got picked. Is easily distracted when Hope24 and TwoDollarPistol are on the field at the same time...(one or two "delay of Game" penalties, forgot to snap the ball?) Believes Ramon Flannigan was a mis-understood genius; and crowd noise actually made "Your being out-coached" sound like "Come into the stands and fight you punk!!!"

Prediction: 3rd round pick.

GMG!!! :lol:

Illuvius32:

Originally a savant at the safety position, he has lost a step and might be better suited at linebacker at the next level. Does not project well on offense, as a lack of overall speed might hamper him in pass patterns and a lack of footwork and size would make any offensive line position tenuous at best. However, he does have a knack for finding the soft spot in zone coverage, and might be able to pick up some yards underneath coverage and on intermediate crossing routes.

Positives:

A more cerebral player, Illuvius32 shows great strength in reading a quarterbacks eyes and jumping on poorly thrown balls. Takes good angles to ball carriers, and has decent change of direction skills. Has overcome a painful lack of athleticism through tireless film study. Is willing to give up his body for the promise of hyp & hen.

Negatives:

While he has a great first step, the second through tenth steps are not as good. Anything beyond a tenth step should be regarded as a lost cause. Has a tendency to overcuss when beaten in coverage. Has been known to cause locker room problems with bans and over-moderation of boards.

Draft Prediction:

6th-7th round/undrafted free agent

Career Highlight:

During the 2007 season, once returned an interception to the house to win an impromptu pickup game. He was out of breath for nearly half an hour.

Player Quotes:

"I'm a changed man. I have learned from my mistakes. Don't count on me 'making it rain' again anytime soon."

"I would love to play for Emmitt. That's America's team."

"Can I get a time out?"

Shirt Size: XL

Emmitt01

The Buffalo Bill of GMG.com games. This player always seems to be lined up against a "stacked" deck...whether it's former scholarship athletes looking to tip the scales in the opposing team's favor or players of the fairer persuasion wearing low cut tops. Either way his heart, if not his head, is always in it. It's possible that there are other players who are 0-4 in GMG games but this guy is the only one you'll ever hear mentioned. Hell, opposing teams have even been known to look to rig drafts just to stop this guy...no, I'm serious.

Positives

Team captain so his draft status of woulda/shoulda been the first pick is secure. Above average speed for a guy who's there for the beer. Good hands, pretty good athleticism. Short of having to constantly look for someone who's 6'5 and has 4.4 speed in the secondary, if he's quarterbacking, this player will treat the opposing team like he's the banker and they've taken out a high interest loan...he's gettin' more money by the second. If lined up against those who actually paid their way through school he's prone to do to opposing receivers what he does to crack heads most nights...handcuff 'em, lock em down.

Negatives

He tries too hard, cares too much, and loves unconditionally. Additionally has lost his love for this particular contest. Like Brett Favrverve, knows that he is "still physically able to play this game but I have no motivation to continue."

Edited by emmitt01

meshuggah:

undefeated gmg bowl participant, who's not afraid to be be pantsed by over zealous defensive players as i run casually downfield at a medium pace.

Positives:

i like walks on the beach and romantic comedies, boobies and more boobies, kittens and death metal. those are all very positive.

Negatives:

no matter what you do, if you had the misfortune of seeing my ass last year, seeing me again will only bring back that chilling, haunting memory. i'll try and grow a beard between now and then.

Prediction:

undrafted free agent

Career Highlight:

of my long and storied one year career, i guess it's the full moon. you may not have liked it, but there's something magical about having the warm spring air blowing through your

Quotes:

"oh dear god i didn't need to see that."

"my eyes! oh the humanity!"

Shirt Size: 2XL!

Edited by meshuggah

I'm very affective when the benevolent GoodShepard lets me float on by coverage.

I'm one of the captains this year so why am I posting a bio?

I wear a Large T.

And finally, I'm bringing an estimated amount of food to hopefully feed everyone who wants it. If anyone else would like to help out by bringing a side dish(beans, potato salad, bbq sauce, napkins, paper plates, utensils???) let me know. Everyone else is responsible for their own beverage.

Rick

FilmerJ

The new guy in town... people are not quite sure where he's coming from. Like the guy in the rated "R" movie, you don't know whether to root for him or wish him failure.. The quiet stranger who usually walks alone, but when it comes to the mean green always joins the pack. Still pretty young and learning the ways of the world. Is 29 still young?

Positives

Lost over 160 pounds, by working out and eating right. I now weigh pretty stalky 220 lbs at 5'8". And am a distance runner but you wouldn't know it by looking at me. Grew up the son of a football/basketball coach. Played D guard in Junior High football, until I decided to take my life in a different direction. (film). Played hockey... also on the d line, they called me "the enforcer." One season, with two seconds remaining on the clock, I took the puck the length of the ice to score a GWG, while being checked out of my hockey girdle, to save my team from an dreadful 0-16 record and made it a slightly less dreadful 1-15 record. I had to quit playing after career ending Eye surgery's. I love the Mean Green. I can lead but don't mind following.

Negatives

Is there such a thing as being to competitive? If there is that would probably be my negative. I am Quiet. I like beer, wait is that a negative? I am new to the board and I don't know many of you. Was always the last guy picked in grade school. I was a complete fatty.

Shirt size- XL

Draft Prediction

Last guy picked or not even picked. Please don't open old wounds I have worked so hard to heal.

UNT_92_FAN

Player Bio - After a year plagued with injuries and weight gain, GMG Bowl 4 was not kind to me. Granted I am still undefeated in these things, I was fat and wasn't the dominant quarterback that I had been before. This year is a much different story, with recman being on the IR I have hit the gym, mainly because I was REALLY getting close to peak weight, and I am back down to playing size and shape. The shoulder injury that kept me from throwing last year is healed and I am back to tossing bombs without a single step. Some say I am a risk because of my past injuries and fat-ass-ness, others say I am steal wherever you get me. Rick...Emmitt... you be the judges of that... Rick knows I can thread a needle and get him the ball in endzone circa GMG III, Emmitt knows I can get the ball in the endzone as he watched the scoreboard light up... circa GMG I, II, III, and even one touchdown toss in IV.

Ok, in all honesty for the draft sake...

Positives

The Arm really is better and I am not as out of shape as I was last year. I know flag football from reffing and playing for 6 years now through intramurals and I have won a few GMG Bowls (GMG III MVP) and an All Campus Championship or 2 at UNT. I am looking forward to possibly playing with some of the guys I haven't in the past... emmitt...zeke.. etc.

Negatives

Competitive. See it as a positive or negative... its all for fun but I still wanna win.

Draft Prediction

First Round... after the girls... like Kanye said at the Grammy's... "It's like home" 1st round is where I stay.

Remind me the date so I can take off of Work again...

XL Tshirt

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

UNT_Flyer

5'10", 210 lbs

Player Bio: Pop Warner and JV experience as defensive lineman, blew out knee freshman year in high school.

Can run the 40-yard in 9.0 flat! Has been running long distances and recently finished the DRC Half-Marathon (without throwing up!)

Better on defense than on offense, because he employs the Finger Poke In The Eye and the Step On Ankle Off The Line strategy.

Prediction: Water Boy

Shirt Size: XL

Edited by UNTflyer

RADIOGREEN

i'm the tall guy....6'6". i'm white, so i can't jump, but usually that doesn't come into play since i'm much taller than the rest of ya'll. i've played twice before...won 1 (gmg 1), lost 1(last year). last year shouldn't count....some goodshephard guy (aka ringer) kicked our butts.....i can catch...can i run???...sure....if it's not a race to see who can get there the quickest! i'll bring some beer....40s to be exact, to drink before, during, and after the game! good times....that's all i care about! i'll be there for the ball, brew, and broads!!! PICK ME.....sometime before the last guy!

xl shirt

Edited by radiogreen

Mean Green Matt:

Player Bio: In credit hours a freshman at North Texas, but a lifelong fan of the program, playing in GMG Bowl V would fulfill his lifelong dream to play in a football game at Fouts Field. Seeing the stands off in the distance would bring chills to his spine. Filled with green blood from previous generations, at 6'1" 165, Matt would be best placed at a defensive back position or receiver. Speedy and Elusive, the 19 year old could be a sleeper....

Positives: Fairly quick. 4.6 forty in high school (might not have been exactly forty yards, but close), Young. Energetic.

Negatives: So skinny the flag belt might not fit...

Draft Prediction: No clue, hopefully in the middle.

Shirt Size: Medium

forevereagle

Shirt Size: Large

Player Bio: Played in the last two GMG Bowls, 2-0 record. WR-DB. At 6-2, with passable speed, I can cover anyone who isn't 4 inches taller than I am fairly effectively. Especially if face guarding is legal (has been in the past).

Positives: Can throw the ball when needed, cuts well, with decent hands.

Negatives: Not a good vertical (I'm white, it can't be helped).

Draft Prediction: Hopefully not last.

Re-posted here for Pierow2

ONE POWERHOUSE OF A CORPULENT AMERICAN!!!!!

Yes folks, you will be amazed at the football prowess of a man who is not only overaged, but overweight as well. Even though I have scored touchdowns in three of the previous bowl games, I now get truly winded just tying my shoes. The first amazing feat of endurance for me will consist of making it from my car to the field. So I suggest you get your seats early, because this does not be happen every day.

Once on the field, I should be able to block well due to the fact that it will take at least twenty seconds just to go around me. Also, the football should naturally be attracted to my hands due to sheer gravitational pull. This, of course will be an unfair advantage on my part. This is why it is imperative that I even the playing field (so to speak), so I will only be physically able to run five yards before being in desperate need of an oxygen mask. I also vow to only hork on non-playing areas.

My arteries are clogging with excitement at the thought of this game!

Player Bio: 5’ 8”, women don’t give their weight. :kiss:

Many years ago, I played co-ed flag football in the Dallas Sports and Social Club for 4 seasons until a 6’6”, 280lb behemoth of a man laid his elbow into my temple and gave me my 5th concussion. Yes my 5th but that is another story. I was the shedevil that released the early photos of the UA Uniforms. I’ve never been able to attend past GMG Bowls and am looking forward to my first. I am a true football fanatic – Confession: I even liked the XFL while it lasted! :blink: I won’t be offended if I am drafted last… because I’m most likely a bench warmer anyway (aka Assistant coach?)… But hey, at least I’ll get the t-shirt! ;)

Positives: I am one female that can throw a spiral... with accuracy!! And I can catch! :thumbsup:

Negatives: My legs don’t run too well even though my heart really wants too!

Shirt size: XL

Many years ago, I played co-ed flag football in the Dallas Sports and Social Club for 4 seasons until a 6’6”, 280lb behemoth of a man laid his elbow into my temple and gave me my 5th concussion. Yes my 5th but that is another story. I was the shedevil that released the early photos of the UA Uniforms. I’ve never been able to attend past GMG Bowls and am looking forward to my first. I am a true football fanatic – Confession: I even liked the XFL while it lasted! :blink: I won’t be offended if I am drafted last… because I’m most likely a bench warmer anyway (aka Assistant coach?)… But hey, at least I’ll get the t-shirt! ;)

maybe we could get "He Hate She" on the back of the jersey...

maybe we could get "He Hate She" on the back of the jersey...

Tooooo funny!! Ha! ROTFLMAO! :lol:

Censored by Laurie:

Slot reciever on the greatest intramural football to to win an all-campus flag football title while never playing a team with more than two black guys.

Positives: Ironically...he's a superior athlete who plays more with instinct than with smarts and heart. Has never carried a lunch pail and thinks practice starts when he gets there. Because of his overwhelming talent he will frequently take plays off. A physical specimen who no corner or safety is fast enough or strong enough to contain...the only thing holding him back from legendary status is his questionable and often lazy route running.

Negatives: To call him a "coach on the field" would be an insult to the worst football coaches. Also...decided to one-up Pac-Man Jones by "making it hail" and was removed in cuffs from a local strip club...and all 20 remaining rolls of nickels were confescated. Chances are good that these legal problems will keep him locked up in a cold Northeastern prison through the duration of the bowl.

Prediction: 1st overall selection...who will immediatly hold out and demand to be traded to the other team.

Censored by Laurie:

Slot reciever on the greatest intramural football to to win an all-campus flag football title while never playing a team with more than two black guys.

I don't remember one black guy on any of those Kappa Sig teams... and I know you'll bring up Mike and I will return the serve with Phil....

I don't remember one black guy on any of those Kappa Sig teams... and I know you'll bring up Mike and I will return the serve with Phil....

I meant we never played against a team with more than 2 black guys.

And I would never make the claim Mike is black

GreenN'walinsVet

GMG Bowl Veteren:

After sitting out last year's game with a shoulder injury I am healthy and ready to go.

While not very fast I am what is considerd a position reciever. Great Hands and not afraid to go accross the middle.

On defense I have a great nose for the ball (3 INT 2 years ago and i believe 5 total in three games)

Lack of speed and the need to shotgun a least one beer a quarter are my downfalls, but some will say that beer only makes me play better (in my mind at least)

Jersery Size 48L: T-shirt size XL: Shoe Size 14: Pant Size 38: Hat Size: 7 1/2:

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

GreenN'walinsVet

GMG Bowl Veteren:

After sitting out last year's game with a shoulder injury I am healthy and ready to go.

While not very fast I am what is considerd a position reciever. Great Hands and not afraid to go accross the middle.

On defense I have a great nose for the ball (3 INT 2 years ago and i believe 5 total in three games)

Lack of speed and the need to shotgun a least one beer a quarter are my downfalls, but some will say that beer only makes me play better (in my mind at least)

Jersery Size 48L: T-shirt size XL: Shoe Size 14: Pant Size 38: Hat Size: 7 1/2:

See, someone got the memo. We need shirt sizes, and GNV sends everything but his blood type. THAT'S being thorough! Mellissa will love this one. If we were handing out GMG Bowl shoes, only one person would get them!!!....hehe

GMG!!!