New Spring Roster

Guest GrayEagleOne

I just spoke with Eric Capper. Charlie is still with the team. He has been moved to DT and should've been on the roster.

Thats great news hoping for the best for Charlie as he has been a role model on adapting to a changing environment doing what is best for the team.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Great mews abpit Charlie. His dad posted last August that he had not weighed less than 253 after practice (when you lose a few pounds). Unless he has put on some serious weight (like another 30 pounds) I hate to see them move him to tackle. If Owusu-Hemeng is gone it seems to me that he would be a great backup for Horton with Russo backing up Gilmore. He may have bulked up enough to be considered for a starter's role next year after Thomas and Miller leave so I guess they know what they are doing.

Charlie Brown being gone really surprises me. I thought he would have made a pretty good DE.

Does anyone know how much size he's put on. He's gone from TE to DE to DT in a year.

Just heard from MeanGreenPOP (Charlie Brown's Dad)

Here is what he said

They have moved him to DT and even though the roster list him as 235 he really weighs 255 and we are pretty sure he can get up to 275 before the fall. The new DC says he wants him to get at least 40 snaps a game next season and he don't understand why Mendoza left him on the sideline.

he don't understand why Mendoza.............

Most of us on this board could start a sentence with that phrase...........many sentences as a matter of fact.

Even with the grammatical errors it's good to know Deloach thinks we had better talent than what Mendoza put out there. Either that or he just knows he can get more out of the same talent either way I look forward to seeing the changes.