No Pit Crew

emmitt01

The story from one of the ushers....

First off, I was THRILLED with the attendance tonight. Even if it lowered the average age of the crowd by about 15 years, it was a great crowd and it was nice to see the Pit with that many fans. And.. KUDOS to whoever gave those tickets and got that crowd to wear kelly green!!!

Now, the story on the Pit Crew area...

The Athletic Department accidentally sold those tickets to those folks. <_< Basically, six or seven girls had the front row with their parents sitting two rows back, with their feet propped up on the chair backs. When a Pit Crew member was getting this information from the usher, a Denton cop asked the usher if the guy was giving him trouble. :unsure:

Right after halftime started, they all left. So we went down there and filled in the HUGE gap.

I'm flabbergasted that this would be allowed to happen. First off, that's the student section. Tickets there should not be sold. Second, I think the first few rows should be reserved for Pit Crew members (meaning you should be allowed to sit there only if you are wearing a PC shirt).

Edited by UNTflyer

Were they part of the youth teams that were there? During the broadcast the guys mentioned there were several hundred little basketballers in attendance.

Nope they were twin Colt McCoy supporters - one road, one away. They must have fit in well with the jackasses with the coordinated Texas pull overs and hats by the kids zone.

The douche-front was all quiet except for Texas tonight- saw an Aggie hat and something with OU on it.

The douche-front was all quiet except for Texas tonight- saw an Aggie hat and something with OU on it.

Quoner, I captured the twin douches on my camera, and I got a treat for you... REFORMED TEXAS DOUCHE! I got a picture of him before the game, and then again after the game... buying Mean Green Gear! :D

I also have Pit Crew pictures of Med Pilot, Emmitt, and the alter egos of Banana Man and Sombrero Girl (Justin and Emily).

I just need to find the damn USB cable for my camera.

Edited by UNTflyer

ya...the crowd was great tonight...and i cant believe they sold those seats but was happy when they left...would have joined down thier if not for my dam MCL.....UNTflyer...it was cool to meet you tonight...ur the first one i have met from this forum....and ULL lost tonight....GMG!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

Yeah, winning the West doesn't seem too likely now, even if we do win out. Let's just focus on ULL now and let things fall where they may.

So, it looks like either the #2 seed by winning out and a loss by Little Rock College, the #4 seed if we win out and MTSU loses to Troy, or the #5 seed by just winning out with no help.

So, it looks like either the #2 seed by winning out and a loss by Little Rock College, the #4 seed if we win out and MTSU loses to Troy, or the #5 seed by just winning out with no help.

Yep. I don't even want to go into all the scenarios should we lose a game or two. There must be a dozen.

Hopefully Denver wins tommorrow over UNO. That should just about kill any chance the Privateers have of leaping over us should they win next Saturday.

Edited by CMJ

ya....i forgot that UALR beating ULL was a bad thing...lol....all i know is that if we do our job and win out....the chips will fall where ever they do....i would love to have a first round bye...i would also like to have another game at the pit....but i would prefer the bye....

You guys have followed this part much closer than I. If we do not win the West will we necessarily have a HOME first round game? Is there any chance that we would have to play an AWAY game before the Mobile part of tournament starts?

No chance. We would have to lose out and 5 other teams win out. It's mathematically possible, but it would take a miracle to NOT at least host a first round game.

You guys have followed this part much closer than I. If we do not win the West will we necessarily have a HOME first round game? Is there any chance that we would have to play an AWAY game before the Mobile part of tournament starts?

From what I can tell, if we lose our last two, there are scenarios that would put us at a 9 seed, resulting in an away game. I may be wrong, but pretty sure.

Here it is. USA, WKU, MTSU are on top of us for good. FAU from the east could win out and end 9-9. If we lose the next two, we end 9-9, and FAU has the tiebreaker.

Likewise, worst case the West would end up as this:

ULL 10-8

UALR 10-8

Denver 10-8

UNO 9-9

UNT 9-9

Keep in mind, this would take a long list of very specific wins and losses to occur in the Belt. One win for us agains ULL or UNO and we see another game at the pit. Two wins for us and a UALR loss and we sit at a 2 seed in Mobile.

Edited by Mean Green Matt