Signing Day Chat?

MeanGreenSig

I just think he has a huge upside. Don't know why, because I've never seen him play, but I just have a hunch.

I agree he's put on a lot of size and switched positions recently so no one really knows what he's got. He's really the biggest unknown we've got so it's either a low risk offer or he develops and is a huge find.

Didn't we here that last year pretty much all of the LOI were in first thing in the morning but they just released them throughout the day. Any chance we already have all these guys signed.

I just read a article on the DMN website that said a majority were done in the morning, but some wait till later times in the day (lunch and end of school).

From http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/

Celina lineman fulfills promise

Two years ago, Celina offensive lineman Troy Franklin promised his older brother, Tyler, that he would earn a football scholarship just days after Tyler was diagnosed with osteosarcoma – a form of bone cancer – on his left leg.

The diagnosis came about a week after Tyler had signed a national letter of intent with Texas A&M-Commerce.

Troy fulfilled that promise Wednesday by signing with North Texas. He also considered Iowa State, Tulsa and Colorado State.

"He was hoping to be here today, but he couldn't make it," Troy said of his brother. "But I still feel like I've made him proud."

Tyler has been cancer-free for more than a year. He attends Oklahoma State, but will transfer to North Texas next school year. Tyler will work on North Texas' sports training staff. The brothers started on the Celina team that won the Class 2A Division II state championship in 2005 when Troy was a sophomore and Tyler a senior.

"I'm looking forward to the opportunity to help turn things around at North Texas," Troy said.

Maybe they are just keeping us in suspense.