Ol Commits To Cal...

UNTflyer

We have come across some strange and odd recruiting stories in our time, but never before have we heard of a player committing to a school without actually being offered, or having any true contact with a school. That's the story with Fernley (Nev.) offensive line prospect Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-4, 304-pounder. It is perhaps one of the most bizarre recruiting stories ever.

The dilemma is that Hart was never extended a scholarship - not just by Cal, but by anybody that we know of including Oregon, Washington State, Oklahoma State, or Nevada. Nobody knows if Hart was extended a scholarship by any school in the country whatsoever – or that he has any opportunity to play at any school.

Click me, dork

Edited by UNTflyer

We have come across some strange and odd recruiting stories in our time, but never before have we heard of a player committing to a school without actually being offered, or having any true contact with a school. That's the story with Fernley (Nev.) offensive line prospect Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-4, 304-pounder. It is perhaps one of the most bizarre recruiting stories ever.

The dilemma is that Hart was never extended a scholarship - not just by Cal, but by anybody that we know of including Oregon, Washington State, Oklahoma State, or Nevada. Nobody knows if Hart was extended a scholarship by any school in the country whatsoever – or that he has any opportunity to play at any school.

Click me, dork

UNTflyer, that is a great signing day post. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Wow, what a story, especially if you read the previous local media article here w/photo....

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...352/1018/SPORTS

The kid is either:

1.) a genius, who invented all this himself, and duped his coach, to get free media and attention for himself, or

2.) a victim of a giant, complex hoax gone bad, or

3.) extremely naive, believing a hello form letter was some kind of an offer of a scholarship.

If it turns out a hoax, I'm sure some college at some level will now offer him just for feeling sorry for the kid.

Guest JohnDenver

Did he really have his family in the audience when he made his fake announcement? What a jerk! I wouldn't want him near ANY college program I was a fan of.

He did it in front of the whole school... during a pep rally.

I've been working offsite and have not been able to look into this story, but word is this kid's parents paid a middle man to "help" get the kid's name out to D1 programs. The kid, supposedly, isn't even close to D1 talent and the middle man took off with their money anyway. How could the parents not know how good their own son is???

I've been working offsite and have not been able to look into this story, but word is this kid's parents paid a middle man to "help" get the kid's name out to D1 programs. The kid, supposedly, isn't even close to D1 talent and the middle man took off with their money anyway. How could the parents not know how good their own son is???

Nope - click a link. It's better than that.