Ouch!

NT03

I have lived in Lubbock for the past 11 years. It's not my first choice for prime living conditions but it's not bad either. You can say what you want about Lubbock but I would think the most important part of playing football at Tech is FOOTBALL AT TECH. The atmosphere is great. The fans and entire community is very supportive, the game day atmosphere is very energetic and the local press falls all over them. There is truely not much else out here but when a 200K poulation community puts 45-50K peole in the stands what can you say negative.

Well just off the top of my head:

-They can't read or spell

-It's contagious - unless "truely," "poulation" and "peole" are now words

-They push back their start times to get their pathetic fan base drunk enough for game time

-Tech football wins nothing

-Tech football runs a gimmick system where they can hope for a low top 25 ranking in their most successful years

-Why go to Lubbock if you are a running back or defensive player?

-Bob Knight might shoot you or cancel your radio interview by being a little bitch

Anyone care to add?

-They push back their start times to get their pathetic fan base drunk enough for game time

-Tech football runs a gimmick system where they can hope for a low top 25 ranking in their most successful years

-Bob Knight might shoot you or cancel your radio interview by being a little bitch

Anyone care to add?

-They have a stupid mascot that makes toy guns with his hands like a pre-schooler

Hey Quoner, careful ... he probably is writing in between seeing patients so his emphasis is likely on saving lives and stomping out disease and not correctly writing a novel. He graduated from Medical School from Tech. I'm thinking he can at least read??? I know this is all in good fun but let's pick on them!!

-They have a stupid mascot that makes toy guns with his hands like a pre-schooler

Hey Quoner, careful ... he probably is writing in between seeing patients so his emphasis is likely on saving lives and stomping out disease and not correctly writing a novel. He graduated from Medical School from Tech. I'm thinking he can at least read??? I know this is all in good fun but let's pick on them!!

Oh I know he is smart. That's why I included the contagious comment. I think if I spent 11 years in Lubbock I would end up communicating solely by flinging poo. It's a testament to his brilliance that he can still make words work good and stuff despite being around there.

Plus, I want to bait the West Texas supporters because I am mad I am working today.

After he gets a bottle of Rough In the Brush at the liquor store he can go to the Buddy Holly Museum :)

Or you can go watch the Lubbock Cotton Kings hockey team, do the ever-so popular Friday night cow tipping scene or simply hang out with your girl and take in the fresh air by the slaughterhouses off of 82!

Anyone care to add?

-Isn't Tech's ave. SAT higher than NT's?

-isn't spelling smack a sign of desperation?

-you say that their fan base is pathetic? (...They have one...).

-Doesn't Tech football have an overall winning record and NT a losing record? Didn't Tech beat OU and Virginia to finish the season? (Woo Hoo! NT beat UL Monroe and Western Kentucky!!).

-Didn't NT just hire a gimmicky coach emulating Tech? Isn't Tech ranked #10 preseason by Sport's Illustrated?(Good try! but no, the bottom 10 doesn't count!..)

-why go to Lubbock? You want to be part of a program on the rise, you will go to a bowl game, you can go to a BCS bowl, you will play in a full sadium of 50k+, play on TV, play the states major teams, great press coverage...NT? because it's the only D1 school to offer...

-If NT had a basketball coach that anyone has ever heard of, he would no longer be at NT!

-Isn't Tech's ave. SAT higher than NT's?

-isn't spelling smack a sign of desperation?

-you say that their fan base is pathetic? (...They have one...).

-Doesn't Tech football have an overall winning record and NT a losing record? Didn't Tech beat OU and Virginia to finish the season? (Woo Hoo! NT beat UL Monroe and Western Kentucky!!).

-Didn't NT just hire a gimmicky coach emulating Tech? Isn't Tech ranked #10 preseason by Sport's Illustrated?(Good try! but no, the bottom 10 doesn't count!..)

-why go to Lubbock? You want to be part of a program on the rise, you will go to a bowl game, you can go to a BCS bowl, you will play in a full sadium of 50k+, play on TV, play the states major teams, great press coverage...NT? because it's the only D1 school to offer...

-If NT had a basketball coach that anyone has ever heard of, he would no longer be at NT!

North Texas over all record is 464-423-33 wow get facts straight.

Texas Tech over all record is 491-387-32 so in all of Tech's history they have won a total of 27 more games then us and if it were not for the last three crappy seasons we would have that cut in half or more.

---I don't get trashing other colleges without reason, trashing them just to trash them is nuts... [looks like envy or a acting like a SMU grad]... it looks bad. I live in Midland which is not that scenic either and my kids live in Dallas....but don't expect to see me living in Dallas any time soon. No doubt as a young party animal, Dallas is much better but as a mature family person ... get me out of there, I can visit besides there is a lot to do in area of 250,000 -- Lubbock or Midland/Odessa. I did go to TxTech one year as a graduate student and really liked North Texas a lot more in many ways including campus and profs., .. plus February/March in Lubbock is awful (dust storms etc. ). Sports wise they have a good atmosphere and have a fairly good record of winning in a tough conference even with a tough recruiting situation. They are a long way from the large population cities of Texas and most college students and singles prefer an area with more "night life". I don't want to live in Lubbock either but I wish our sports sitution was as good as theirs is. The football system comment is dumb... we would love to win as much as they do against teams that are often ranked, besides what we (Dodge and staff) are now trying to do is not that much different than what Tech does.

---SMU.... trash them all you want...they deserve it with all the respect they have shown us through the years. I sure don't want to be like them... a school that has no respect for anyone else.

---Considering long-time records especially those over 50 years ago is crazy... most of those people are long gone and much has changed. For example most of our SMU losses were prior to WWII when we were a very different place. Beside everything changed greatly in the mid/late 50's... TV and jet travel appeared so that schools did not play as many nearby schools. Things drasticly changed again in the 80's when more cable TV and communication satelites appeared so that we had more that 1-2 games on TV each week ..which was the case until then. If those old game are meaningful then Fordham and Holy Cross should still be considered football powers.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---I don't get trashing other colleges without reason, trashing them just to trash them is nuts... [looks like envy or a acting like a SMU grad]... it looks bad. I live in Midland which is not that scenic either and my kids live in Dallas....but don't expect to see me living in Dallas any time soon. No doubt as a young party animal, Dallas is much better but as a mature family person ... get me out of there, I can visit besides there is a lot to do in area of 250,000 -- Lubbock or Midland/Odessa. I did go to TxTech one year as a graduate student and really liked North Texas a lot more in many ways including campus and profs., .. plus February/March in Lubbock is awful (dust storms etc. ). Sports wise they have a good atmosphere and have a fairly good record of winning in a tough conference even with a tough recruiting situation. They are a long way from the large population cities of Texas and most college students and singles prefer an area with more "night life". I don't want to live in Lubbock either but I wish our sports sitution was as good as theirs is. The football system comment is dumb... we would love to win as much as they do against teams that are often ranked, besides what we (Dodge and staff) are now trying to do is not that much different than what Tech does.

---SMU.... trash them all you want...they deserve it with all the respect they have shown us through the years. I sure don't want to be like them... a school that has no respect for anyone else.

---Considering long-time records especially those over 50 years ago is crazy... most of those people are long gone and much has changed. For example most of our SMU losses were prior to WWII when we were a very different place. Beside everything changed greatly in the mid/late 50's... TV and jet travel appeared so that schools did not play as many nearby schools. Things drasticly changed again in the 80's when more cable TV and communication satelites appeared so that we had more that 1-2 games on TV each week ..which was the case until then. If those old game are meaningful then Fordham and Holy Cross should still be considered football powers.

Texas Tech still sucks.

It's unbelieveable to me that UNT fans would trash Tech, which is better in every way than UNT.

It's also unbelieveable that you would trash SMU, which is also better in every way except maybe football, and that will change with our hiring June Jones.

When someone goes to college, they are not moving to a city for the rest of their lives. They are there for a few years and experience the college atmosphere, not necessarily the city. The Miami player is going to Tech over UNT because Tech is a better program, bigger name, and gives him better opportunity than UNT. His decision is a no brainer.

I don't think I've ever seen more jealousy and little man syndrome than on this board.

It's unbelieveable to me that UNT fans would trash Tech, which is better in every way than UNT.

It's also unbelieveable that you would trash SMU, which is also better in every way except maybe football, and that will change with our hiring June Jones.

When someone goes to college, they are not moving to a city for the rest of their lives. They are there for a few years and experience the college atmosphere, not necessarily the city. The Miami player is going to Tech over UNT because Tech is a better program, bigger name, and gives him better opportunity than UNT. His decision is a no brainer.

I don't think I've ever seen more jealousy and little man syndrome than on this board.

Okay, pot . . . meet kettle.

It's unbelievable to me that you would spend this much time and effort to come on to a board and insult our alma mater. Thanks for explaining what happens when people go to college. I'm not sure anyone could have figured this out with out your keen ability to point out the obvious. Clearly the money spent on your education was worthwhile. Please do give our regards to your parents, as they have no doubt worked hard to add another intellectual stalwart to our society.

Edited by Eagle1855

Mark, I believe SMU offers a great education, but NT offers a better education at less than half the price, especially if you want to be in the media (i.e. TV, radio, newspaper). At NT you can be who you choose to be. At SMU, you must be Biff or Muffy to have any friends. I have friends who have degrees from SMU and most of them call NT grads boss!

I agree with the jealousy and little man syndrome that is rampant on this board. It is unwarrented. NT is a Great University, Denton is a Great town. SMU is a Greatly overpriced University. The hiring of June Jones will not change your football fortunes drastically, you and the other football fans on the Hilltop will be calling for his head after his second season, when he wins only 4 games. $2,500,000 dollars a victory is good work if you can get it, and at SMU, you can

North Texas over all record is 464-423-33 wow get facts straight.

Texas Tech over all record is 491-387-32 so in all of Tech's history they have won a total of 27 more games then us and if it were not for the last three crappy seasons we would have that cut in half or more.

According to these stats, Texas Tech has played a total of 910 games, and we've played a total of 920 games. Texas Tech was established in February of 1923, so 1924 would have to be their first year of football. By the fall of 1924 North Texas had already played 68 football games.

Has Tech gone to that many bowl games?

It's also unbelieveable that you would trash SMU, which is also better in every way except maybe football...

LOL! OK, first of all hasn't Texas Tech been on the verge of having their accreditation revoked??? Yes, yes I believe they have! Better in "every way"? No way.

Second... SMU better in every way?? I don't think so. SMU may be more expensive, and the campus lookslike it was designed by martha Stewart... but that does not make your school "better in every way". I know you Hilltop Tards love to think of yourselves as the Harvard of the South, but nobody outside of University Park seems to think so.

UNT has a far better music program... in case you haven't heard, UNT is kind of a big deal among music schools. We also ranked in the top 20 in master's and doctoral programs in counseling by U.S. News and World Reports college rankings. Our master's of fine arts program ranked in the top 50 in the same report. Our accounting program is in the top 20 nationwide and our entrepreneur program was rated a top 50 by Entrpreneur magazine. All of those programs int these reports ranked higher than SMU. And clearly our business ethics courses are far better than what's offered at SMU. And UNT also offers a wider variety of choices for our students, as we have more majors in our undergrad and graduate programs.

These are just a few from a quick two-minute Internet search. I suspect that if you could manage to get your head out of your large intestine, you'd realize that SMU is just another private school where rich parents send their kids to get them out of the house for 4 years. It's really nothing special, it's not superior to UNT "in every way"... Hell, it's not even the best school in DFW.

LOL! OK, first of all hasn't Texas Tech been on the verge of having their accreditation revoked??? Yes, yes I believe they have! Better in "every way"? No way.

Second... SMU better in every way?? I don't think so. SMU may be more expensive, and the campus lookslike it was designed by martha Stewart... but that does not make your school "better in every way". I know you Hilltop Tards love to think of yourselves as the Harvard of the South, but nobody outside of University Park seems to think so.

UNT has a far better music program... in case you haven't heard, UNT is kind of a big deal among music schools. We also ranked in the top 20 in master's and doctoral programs in counseling by U.S. News and World Reports college rankings. Our master's of fine arts program ranked in the top 50 in the same report. Our accounting program is in the top 20 nationwide and our entrepreneur program was rated a top 50 by Entrpreneur magazine. All of those programs int these reports ranked higher than SMU. And clearly our business ethics courses are far better than what's offered at SMU. And UNT also offers a wider variety of choices for our students, as we have more majors in our undergrad and graduate programs.

These are just a few from a quick two-minute Internet search. I suspect that if you could manage to get your head out of your large intestine, you'd realize that SMU is just another private school where rich parents send their kids to get them out of the house for 4 years. It's really nothing special, it's not superior to UNT "in every way"... Hell, it's not even the best school in DFW.

Tech was put on probation for an administrative issue (the same adminitrative issue that put UT-Austin on probation back in 1999). They are not "on the verge" of having their accreditation revoked, and I believe they are rated at least one tier higher than UNT in the annual US News Academic Rankings.

And yes SMU is a better academic school in every way than UNT. We are in the Top 50 national universities whereas UNT is rated Tier 4 by the very same US News report you are touting. And I'm sure UNT has a better music school, but that's not academia. Having a good band doesn't make UNT a great school.

UNT is a commuter school. Tech and SMU are both universities that students leave home for, and there is a reason that UNT is rated Tier 4 in US News. Luckily for UNT, US News doesn't rank football programs or your academics wouldn't be the only Tier 4 label put on your schoool.

Guest JohnDenver

Tech was put on probation for an administrative issue (the same adminitrative issue that put UT-Austin on probation back in 1999). They are not "on the verge" of having their accreditation revoked, and I believe they are rated at least one tier higher than UNT in the annual US News Academic Rankings.

And yes SMU is a better academic school in every way than UNT. We are in the Top 50 national universities whereas UNT is rated Tier 4 by the very same US News report you are touting. And I'm sure UNT has a better music school, but that's not academia. Having a good band doesn't make UNT a great school.

UNT is a commuter school. Tech and SMU are both universities that students leave home for, and there is a reason that UNT is rated Tier 4 in US News. Luckily for UNT, US News doesn't rank football programs or your academics wouldn't be the only Tier 4 label put on your schoool.

US News isn't a valid ranking system.

UNT can't be a "commuter school" by your definition.. Since we have 4x more living on our campus than SMU.

But I digress. These pissing contests are never good.

The troll has been banished.