Derek Tomlin...re-opening His Recruiting

OldTimer

Rivals teaser.....SLC 2*LB Derek Tomlin is back on the market now reopeing his recruiting.

So... If Ron Mendoza can't hang on to a 2-star recruit who he also coached for three years in high school... Would the rest of you be concerned then?

Come to North Texas, Derek. You'll be glad you did.

On Dec. 9th Trae Thompson checked with Tomlin on a rumor he was changing his commitment from UNT and would walk on at Texas A&M. Tomlin laughed at the rumor and said it was untrue. Guess he's not walking on at A&M.

Todd Dodge is not ever going to $mu- the posting on ponyfans.com was just

a dream, made up seniero, about trying to hire Coach Dodge.

As far as recruiting, the prospects will stay with NT.

I want to see proof about Coach Lacroix- I think this is just another

attempt to undermind North Texas, or maybe Coach Dodge has

made a HFC decision.

Edited by charlie nt73

I'm sure Derek Tomlin is a smart, hardworking kid but I saw almost every Southlake game the last two seasons and I do not see him as an above-average player at the next level. He always seemed to me to be the type of player Ramon Flanigan could have recruited, not an elite athlete who could help win a Sun Belt title. I know why Dodge recruited him (intangibles), but I was hoping the new coach could do better than picking up committments from undersized overachievers who usually don't pan out (I prefer committments from oversized overachievers). I wish Tomlin the best (although I do not see him signing with a higher profile school) and am glad Dodge has an extra ship to hand out.

No way to spin this...this is not good. We knew there was going to be some players to leave, but this was one of Dodge's kids. We knew about Tomlin since, when, last June??? Why has he waited this long to make this decision?

Point is, makes you wonder if the season results had anything to do with his decision.

I just read this and...well, it plain SUCKS!!! I had high hopes for Derek Tomlin at UNT as he was making tackles all over the field in every SLC game I watched. Wasn't he the very first commitment we had this year??? So much for that. And...whoever it is that has a Derek Tomlin quote in his signature...time to change that sig!!