Tim Tebow- Heisman Trophy Winner

Way too early but I'd vote for Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech. (Dallas Carter) Of course Tech will not be a nationally ranked team so that kills his chances. Dad has gone on record as saying that if he has another year like this year, he's gone.

During Crabtree's senior year at Carter, (QB) I posted that he would be our solution at quarterback (when we needed help there) I also felt that he would have been a two sport star for us; by starting at the 2 for our men's team.

Hell, how bout Casey Fitzgerald for Heisman?

Tebow had a great year, but for him to win as a soph? I have a hard time believing he is the best player in college this year. Out of all the greats of years past, no one ever won as a soph. Now he wins it? Is it a reflection of how great he is relative to previous winners or lack of talent this year?

Edited by scotty474

Tebow had a great year, but for him to win as a soph? I have a hard time believing he is the best player in college this year. Out of all the greats of years past, no one ever won as a soph. Now he wins it? Is it a reflection of how great he is relative to previous winners or lack of talent this year?

It's a reflection of how much the voters have been opening up to the idea of an underclassman getting it.

You have a hard time believing it? What's the problem, 20 TDs passing and 20 TDs rushing aren't enough for ya? :lol:

He had a pretty awesome year in terms of numbers. His total offensive numbers were sick. I think McFadden was definitely in consideration, but he sort of disappeared in a couple of games this year. Brennan is great, but he doesn't play in the SEC. I think if he plays for any other team, he probably has a shot at the award.

Brennan is great, but he doesn't play in the SEC. I think if he plays for any other team, he probably has a shot at the award.

Unfortunately, this is how many of the voters decide who wins. I believe the original intent of the award was to honor the best player in college football. It has changed to honoring the best player on a successful team in a BcS conference.

Out of all the greats of years past, no one ever won as a soph.

No one threw AND rushed for 20 TDs in a year before.

29 passing TDs = 2.4 per game

22 Rushing TDs = 1.8 per game

Total = 4.2 TDs per game

Not to mention a rating of 177.8, over 3,000 yards.

If ever a sophomore deserved it....

Edited by UNTflyer