New Stadium Activity

GreenAlums

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay calm people.

Is this exciting? Yes.

Does this mean enough money has been raised? Nothing I can read has said that.

That is correct, however...from the Development minds that I talk with often, it is common to keep some fundraising receipts silent as it is going on to keep them coming in. You'll soon learn, I am an eternal optomist!!

This is indeed exciting. RFQ means that serious planning is about to commence. Within a few months we should see requests for bids, and a target date of October 2010 means that groundbreaking would probably happen by the end of summer.

What a way to wash away a 2 win season. Big recruiting boost.

This is indeed exciting. RFQ means that serious planning is about to commence. Within a few months we should see requests for bids, and a target date of October 2010 means that groundbreaking would probably happen by the end of summer.

Yes, but it does not prove one thin dime has been raised yet.

I will wait until the funding become clearer before I dance naked in the streets.

I am digging, more info as I get it.

Forgive my ignorance of architecture and this process, but if they are asking for quotes from architects and engineers, does that mean they are asking for quotes for preparing a stadium design and blueprints, or quotes for constructing a new stadium from completed blueprints?

An RFQ will most likely result in multi-disciplinary teams (architect, engineer, builder, etc.) being formed to submit a quote (estimate) on building the facility as outlined in the SOW (Statement of Work) prepared by NT or prepared by a firm contracted by NT to do this work. The NT administration will then use the RFQ responses to develop financial plans for the facility; they will know generally what the facility will cost (less inflation for a delayed build) and can then determine from where funds will be obtained to pay for the facility. Financial outliers will be ruled out and a pretty good estimate will be in hand!

Based upon RFQ responses, NT may decide to revise the SOW to decrease the cost of the new facility or they may stay the course; for example, the original SOW asked for chair back seats throughout the facility and this is found to be too expensive per the RFQ responses. NT could revise the SOW to only require chair back seats in 1/2 the stadium or something similar. As I recall the new UCF stadium cut back on the number of water fountains throughout the stadium; this was probably an SOW revision to decrease building costs based upon RFQ inputs.

The RFP process will require the multi-disciplinary teams that wish to participate to present very detailed specs (drawings, materials to be used, subcontractors to be used, timelines, etc.) on exactly how the facility will be built and exact timelines on how the build will progress. RFPs will be reviewed and one team will be awarded a contract to build the facility.

Sounds like NT is serious to me; one of you NT guys or ladies that work in Project Management can probably explain this much better. I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous as the old saying goes . . . :lol:

Go SBC Football !!!!

Edited by badgerwolf

Yes, but it does not prove one thin dime has been raised yet.

I will wait until the funding become clearer before I dance naked in the streets.I am digging, more info as I get it.

Ok, is it required that we dance naked? I don't mind dancing in the streets, but this old (pseudo) hippie has given up public nudity a looooooong time ago.

And believe me, a grateful (mean green..... or any) nation would thank me for this policy. B)

Can anyone say why there has been no formal announcement by the University of this activity that is about to transpire? Can you shed some light, as I'm naive about the construction process?

As I have been told they go by an 80/20 rule, meaning during a silent phase they try and obtain 80 percent of the stadium from 20 percent of the donors. Once that is reached you go back and try and get the remaining 20 percent from the remaining 80 percent of the donors.

Rick