In Other Bb News

NT03

Gets blasted again to fall to 0 -4 !!! Dayton is no easy place to play on the road.

Up next they should have the advantage. I believe the Mustangs play 5 people on the court at one time , whereas their opponent is just one person , Paul Quinn. Maybe they can get him in foul trouble and pull one out :ph34r:

Gets blasted again to fall to 0 -4 !!! Dayton is no easy place to play on the road.

Up next they should have the advantage. I believe the Mustangs play 5 people on the court at one time , whereas their opponent is just one person , Paul Quinn. Maybe they can get him in foul trouble and pull one out :ph34r:

I dont know...Paul Quinn put up 130 something on Troy, by himself.

Well I guess he was just playing against one guy too...

I'm loving their basketball situation! I thought SMU did former coach Jimmy Tubbs wrong by firing him after just 2 years. Tubbs was hired because of his connections to Dallas area coaches and kids. Unfortunately for him, the highly touted kids went to much larger programs. 2 years was certainly not long enough to win over the top area kids, despite getting many to visit. SMU used the excuse of sanctions as the reason for his dismissal. (Bought 2 kids a hamburger, gave a kid a half a cup of washing powder for laundry, made extra phone calls to recruits and held additionals practices)

Anyway, Tubbs didn't fit the SMU image and they then threw the kitchen sink at Matt Doherty. (5-year contract, 3 times Tubbs base salary and promise of a new 13 million practice facility.

Doherty should be fired not only for their performance thus far against HS caliber schools (first 3-games) but for the lame excuses he threw out in yesterday's paper to SMU fans:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...ps.2cf2c70.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.d05c22c.html

Edited by Cooley

I'm loving their basketball situation! I thought SMU did former coach Jimmy Tubbs wrong by firing him after just 2 years. Tubbs was hired because of his connections to Dallas area coaches and kids. Unfortunately for him, the highly touted kids went to much larger programs. 2 years was certainly not long enough to win over the top area kids, despite getting many to visit. SMU used the excuse of sanctions as the reason for his dismissal. (Bought 2 kids a hamburger, gave a kid a half a cup of washing powder for laundry, made extra phone calls to recruits and held additionals practices)

Anyway, Tubbs didn't fit the SMU image and they then threw the kitchen sink at Matt Doherty. (5-year contract, 3 times Tubbs base salary and promise of a new 13 million practice facility.

Doherty should be fired not only for their performance thus far against HS caliber schools (first 3-games) but for the lame excuses he threw out in yesterday's paper to SMU fans:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...ps.2cf2c70.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.d05c22c.html

With my sentiment towards SMU, I here's to hoping that they keep Doherty forever...or until they become competitive at the 5A level.

SMU has good talent. Probably the best in Texas except for the $Big XII teams. They even have a 7-1 Center from Oak Hill Academy.

Matt Doherty is a great recruiter, has the reputation of having a great basketball mind and is said to be a nice man when he is not coaching a basketball team, but as long as he continues to use public humiliation to try to motivate his players his teams will continue to quit on him. All the X'es and O's in the world won't make his players give that extra effort that is so often the difference in winning and losing.

Last season SMU was off to a 9-1 start with with wins over Illinois St, Dayton, TCU, McNeese St (70-54), Centenary (68-40) and a 99-66 win over La-Monroe. Then they went to Norman and lost

to Oklahoma 69-42. Doherty was quoted in the DMN calling his players quitters who played without toughness and heart. He held punitive practice sessions where players practiced going after loose balls with no fouls called and ran sprints for the whole practice. One player suffered a broken nose and another had to have some stiches near his eye after these "practices." Predictably, SMU lost the next game at home to North Carolina A&T and then went 3-14 in CUSA.

Coach "Doh" has already started the not tough enough, no heart talk this season. He was quoted in the DMN saying he was looking forward to Thanksgiving holiday practices when school was out and there would be no rules.

"Doh" went 8-20 at North Carolina in 2001-02. Think about that for a minute. How is it possible to go 8-20 at North Carolina? He was fired after going 19-16 the next season. Two seasons later Roy Williams won a National Championship.

I exaggerated some but, SMU has a very good recruiting class and had good talent last year before players were kicked off the team, quit and transferred.

Kicked off... Translation... Recruited several outlaws.

Quit or transfered..... Translation: The players they recruited hated the place as bad as we as we do and surrendered their free education to get away....

To quote Dandy Don Meredith (SMU grad, long before the cheating era).. "If if and buts were hickory nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas...

If we had recruited Michael Jordan and a few others we might have several National Championships.....but we didn't and SMU is an awful place and has awful sports teams.... even their recruits can't stand to be there.... they leave...

----My statement doewsn't seem to be an exaggeration.... they hated it and left....

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Guest GrayEagleOne

Frankly, I could care less what SMU does. We don't play them this year. When we do, then I'll worry about what they have or don't have. Same with TCU. When all four metroplex Division I teams play each other then I'll try to read up on each team.

Now if you want to tell me about any team on our schedule then I'm all eyes and ears.