Pit Crew Deserves Major Props...

ParksAndRecRick

I grew up watching Billy Ball at TCU so I already had a good deal of respect for him...that night put it over the top...he's a class act and our back and forth that night may've been the highlight of my Pit Crew career.

Also forgot one from my earlier list: The find Collin Mangrum's cousin in the crowd game.

We better stop reminiscing... We might not be allowed at home games

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha...I'll pay off the ticket lady with all the free burger and free movie pass I've collected over the years.

Speaking of... I thought of a funny Pit Crew thing...

When we hit our 3-pointers for the Wendy's free burger coupon, then announcer says "Burgers for EVERYONE!"

The Pit Crew can then point to the visitor's bnench and yell "But NONE FOR YOU!"

The Pit Crew can then point to the visitor's bench and yell "But NONE FOR YOU!"

I like it!

I don't know what Adam was talking about. You guys can come tell stories all you want. We're definitely open to new ideas and material! But we don't let anyone quiet on the rail. If you want a good view, you gotta yell!

Thanks for all the compliments. We try pretty hard, and it's good to know we're appreciated!

Also, I learned on Sunday that the opposing teams at the ladies' games react considerably differently to heckling than the men. So do their parents who like to sit in the student section. So do their coaches.

:huh:

inf,

We used to rock the girls games hard and one game we were hollerin at ASU's Katy Carraway... She was effing gorgeous and we really let her know that and her mommy, daddy, and little brother were sitting the next section over hattttting us!

FCQAZIBZLBAYFVT_20051016230632.jpg

One rule: no reminising about the old pit crew days while in our section.

that is all

That rule ruins everything. I think the 10 person ex-Pit Crew got off to a rousing start last weekend quietly yelling the serenades of yesteryear. It had all the whimsical appeal of watching present-day Earl Campbell try to run an obstacle course.

Let the newbies breath. They are doing a good job and seem to be adding after each game. My favorite part is they seem to know game appropriate cheering moments and have fought the urge to unleash the overrated cheer at bad times. Plus, RV touches them towards the end of each game. How special is that?

The new crew really needs to find a Tiki and some sock puppets. Those were grand traditions.

Some proposals:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4...and perhaps my favorite

Think about it fellas...Tiki Bastardface has officially retired but the Pit Crew needs to find his replacement

Not you guys - last year's crew enjoyed it....too much.

Like 8 minutes into the Memphis game?

Had me thinking there may need to be some sort of training course established for Pit Crew and Talon members...maybe led by Bob Sturm:

bobsturmfromheader.jpg

"Let me explain sports to you"

If the old Tiki was mine I would bring it back in a second. The person who controls Tiki is not around. You seem very bitter towards the people from the older crew... Need a hug?

I need a hug, but I am not bitter.

Is there something significant about that particular Tiki that prevents someone from, I don't know.........buying a new one? Ebay's got several pages of Tiki statues.

No...in fact I suggested it earlier in this thread...posting a couple of eBay options including one with wings, reminiscent of an eagle.