Can't Wait To See Un-t On The Stage!

Duck_Mav

Great win Wednesday over OSU! Maybe that will shorten the "Son of Sutton" era in Sweetwater. Your win, coupled with Sam Houston's defeat of Texas Tech made for a bad week in the BigXII. :D Next Wednesday, we're looking forward to seeing the Eagles at Texas Hall. Even though it's the day before Thanksgiving, there should be a nice-sized crowd. It's especially nice to host our near-metroplex neighbors. Wish you played more of our sports, like men's tennis and baseball. Likewise, it would be better if we played FB and had swimming. Good Luck!

Great win Wednesday over OSU! Maybe that will shorten the "Son of Sutton" era in Sweetwater. Your win, coupled with Sam Houston's defeat of Texas Tech made for a bad week in the BigXII. :D Next Wednesday, we're looking forward to seeing the Eagles at Texas Hall. Even though it's the day before Thanksgiving, there should be a nice-sized crowd. It's especially nice to host our near-metroplex neighbors. Wish you played more of our sports, like men's tennis and baseball. Likewise, it would be better if we played FB and had swimming. Good Luck!

I'm looking forward to the game. It's been a while since we played on "the stage", that always adds some fun. UTA (2-0?)seems like they are playing well so far.

Pray for no injuries. When you play at a place where you can drop off five feet into a pit or slam into brick walls at each end of the court, there is always the chance of injury.

Maybe, but I have seen many games there and have yet to see any injuries because of the structure of the court. I do believe that UTA does get an extra home court advantage because of the unique design despite usually having very poor attendance.

Maybe, but I have seen many games there and have yet to see any injuries because of the structure of the court. I do believe that UTA does get an extra home court advantage because of the unique design despite usually having very poor attendance.

In all our years of playing there.......I don't remember us winning many games. And, I sure don't remember any games where we won handily (even with Coach Blakely's great teams).

It's definitely a tough place to play. And I wonder if JJ, his staff or any of his players have ever even been in the place.

GMG!

Duck, are you okay? You are being awfully nice to the greenies. :)

BTW, in all my many years of watching b-ball on The Stage, I have never seen anyone get hurt because of the set-up. Somehow, it is the spector of such an occurence that gets imaginations going.

Yes, I think it does sometimes weird-out players when they first step out there.

Yeah, there were some great NTSU games at The Stage back in the Blakley era, which - up until perhaps now - was your b-ball hay day. Always close and crazy. (Like last year in Denton.)

I recommend sitting either in the west stands, where you are on top of the action, or in the balcony. The floor seating has never appealed to me.

I recommend sitting either in the west stands, where you are on top of the action, or in the balcony. The floor seating has never appealed to me.

The small west stands are very close to the action, almost like at a high school game in courtside bleachers. I never liked the floor seating there for a basketball game; the first several rows you're actually "below" court level looking up, it's too weird to watch a game that way. I think the dropoff on that side does intimidate players from going all-out over there for a loose ball. The lower part of the balcony is nice, but further away, but you feel like you're watching a play on stage.

I think the dropoff on that side does intimidate players from going all-out over there for a loose ball. The lower part of the balcony is nice, but further away, but you feel like you're watching a play on stage.

Hell I'd be intimidated. It's not safe.

Yeah, it's like you are watching a ballet.

Hell I'd be intimidated. It's not safe.

Yeah, it's like you are watching a ballet.

Yes Go_UTA, I'm all right. Thanks for asking. I must say, you are in rare form. I'm surprised you didn't mention the sharpened basoons in the orchestra pit. Truly, it would be suicidal for any Un-T players to run too close to the edge. I shudder to think about it!

One good thing about Texas Hall, there are no glass doors in or around the locker rooms downstairs, so we should not have any players hurting themselves by putting their fists through the doors this time.

One good thing about Texas Hall, there are no glass doors in or around the locker rooms downstairs, so we should not have any players hurting themselves by putting their fists through the doors this time.

Thanks, but I don't think UNT players will be frustrated after this year's game ends! BTW, we did go buy a new courtside review monitor after last years game. :)

You mean Stillwater ?? ;)

Duck , did you guys lose anyone off last years team ?? I remember ya'll as being very young.

This will be a very close game again , hope to get off work in time to see it !

You mean Stillwater ?? ;)

Duck , did you guys lose anyone off last years team ?? I remember ya'll as being very young.

This will be a very close game again , hope to get off work in time to see it !

Yes, Stillwater. I stand corrected. (That was the darkest drive after we passed Oklahoma City last year.)

No, there were no seniors on last year's team, so we did not lose anyone. But one of last year's freshmen, Reed was redshirted this year. Here's the account of the UALR game.

http://utamavs.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sp.../111807aac.html

How about when the replay was put on the big screens and clearly showed the ball was in the players hand when the backboard lights turned on?

You're right. I was confused. After a year, I remembered it backwards, as if you guys had a score disallowed. I agree, the big screen replay was unambiguous. The other thing I thought I remembered was that there was a bat flying around in the Super Pit. Was there? :)