A-rod Leaves Yankees

I take it you are a Boston fan.

Congratulations Boston 2007 MLB World Champions!

That is number 7 if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I sort of feel guilty because I'm only 29 and we've won 2 in my lifetime. There were generations that never saw one title. It feels good whenever you're champions, but this one isn't quite as sweet as 2004. That one was a wierd combo of disbelief, relief, and joy. The 1st Sunbelt football title, the New Orleans Bowl win in '02, and last years SBC tourney title run are the only things I could put on the same level.

Yeah, I sort of feel guilty because I'm only 29 and we've won 2 in my lifetime. There were generations that never saw one title. It feels good whenever you're champions, but this one isn't quite as sweet as 2004. That one was a wierd combo of disbelief, relief, and joy. The 1st Sunbelt football title, the New Orleans Bowl win in '02, and last years SBC tourney title run are the only things I could put on the same level.

Ditto bro...I've talked to people in Boston on my trips up there that talk about their family members that came and went in that 86 years...and how they almost felt guilty after the 2004 win.

This time was fun, but not the whirlwind of last time. 2004 was an amazing feeling. Still fun, though.

Surely, the Red Sox front office realize that A-Rod would not be a good fit with what works for them.

I sure as hell hope we don't. :huh:

I don't think there is any possible way Theo wants him...I think he's in touch enough with the Boston fan and no one up here wants him anywhere near Fenway on a regular basis. Look for the Cubbies to be a pretty big player.

I don't think there is any possible way Theo wants him...I think he's in touch enough with the Boston fan and no one up here wants him anywhere near Fenway on a regular basis. Look for the Cubbies to be a pretty big player.

Say what you will about Theo...I think this is what separates him from other GM's. At least so far, he's had a pretty good balance of what the Boston fan wants and putting together good teams.

Alex would definitely hurt the chemistry of the Boston clubhouse. And quite honestly, Theo doesn't make moves that screw up that chemistry. They've got the best team chemistry in baseball, and it transfers (like it or not) to winning.

2 Titles in 4 years. Are the Red Sox in the 21st century going to be ldominant ike the Yankees were during the 20th century?!?

Are the Red Sox in the 21st century going to be dominant like the Yankees were during the 20th century?!?

We can only hope so.

And Norm made a great point...there is no way that the Red Sox would bring in someone who would command more money than Manny and Papi the year after they win the World Series.

I don't think Boston messes with this team too much in the off-season...re-sign Mike Lowell is priority number one...after that, maybe look for a utility infielder to plug in for Lugo when he goes into one of his slumps