QB Glovanni Vizzo

Kicker: Robert Moreland

Red Shirted Freshmen playing for the first season

OL Matthew Menard....starter all 7 games

LB Craig Roberson now starter, played in 7 games

DB Chris Neal

LB Owusu-S.

OL Estaban Santiago...starter all 7 games

Can you name another Div 1 school playing as many true freshmen and RS freshmen. especially with their playing and especially on the OL as starters ?

True Freshmen:

DT Tackle Jesse Desoto

WR Receiver Sam Dibrell

DB Kevin Ealely

WRBreece Johnson

WR BJ Lewis

RB Micah Mosley

LB A.J. Penson

QB Glovanni Vizzo

Kicker: Robert Moreland

Red Shirted Freshmen playing for the first season

OL Matthew Menard....starter all 7 games

LB Craig Roberson now starter, played in 7 games

DB Chris Neal

LB Owusu-S.

OL Estaban Santiago...starter all 7 games

Can you name another Div 1 school playing as many true freshmen and RS freshmen. especially with their playing and especially on the OL as starters ?

No I can't name another team, however I am sure there are many. TD has so far only given two true freshmen much playing time, Vizza and Moseley. He is now starting 3 redshirt fish per your list. By mid-season I would guess most teams have played their freshmen as much or more than TD. Overall this is not an inexperienced team, NT probably had has many returning lettermen this year as any time in history.

WARNING TO THOSE WHO WILL MISTAKE THIS FOR CALLING FOR HEADS TO ROLL. IT'S NOT.....THIS IS SIMPLY A POSTING OF FACTS ONLY, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!!!!!!

North Texas vs Troy, Scrushy/Picture Show Gallery Stadium, Troy Alabama, October 28, 2006

POS ## DEFENSE

DE 90 Chapman, J.

NT 56 Pruitt, Sky

DE 89 Burruss, Blakd

MIKE 40 Mahan, Colt

WILL 41 Holman, Maurice

ROV 53 Dawson, G.

BAN 44 Nwigwe, Tobe

FS 38 Weathers, Aaron

SS 24 Cotton, R.

CB 35 Bush, Antoine

CB 2 Green, D.

Held Omar Haugabook, Kenny Cattouse, Gary Banks and company to 14 points on 243 TOTAL YARDS and 1 turnover.

North Texas vs Troy, Scrushy/Picture Show Gallery Stadium, Troy Alabama, October 20, 2007

POS ## DEFENSE

DE 90 Chapman, Jeremi

DT 65 Miller, Joseph

DT 79 Stevenson, Mont

DE 94 Gilmore, Eddri

LB 51 Mendoza, Derek

LB 41 Holman, Maurice

LB 42 Robertson, Crai

SS 13 Agbottah, Karte

FS 38 Weathers, Aaron

CB 2 Green, Dominiqu

CB 35 Bush, Antoine

Held Omar Haugabook, Kenny Cattouse, Gary Banks and company to 45 points on 493 yards.....7 turnovers(Thank Goodness).

Sky Pruitt and Tobe Nwigwe were really, really good. :rolleyes:

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Another small difference

Troy last year finished with year with a total offense ranking of 77th.

This year after Troy has played some tough opponents, their total offense is ranked 14th in the nation.

One more thing Troy is averaging 459.71 yard of offense a game after 7 games we allowed 34 yards more then their average.

Edited by KingDL1

No I can't name another team, however I am sure there are many. TD has so far only given two true freshmen much playing time, Vizza and Moseley. He is now starting 3 redshirt fish per your list. By mid-season I would guess most teams have played their freshmen as much or more than TD. Overall this is not an inexperienced team, NT probably had has many returning lettermen this year as any time in history.

Welcome back FFR!

Another small difference

Troy last year finished with year with a total offense ranking of 77th.

This year after Troy has played some tough opponents, their total offense is ranked 14th in the nation.

One more thing Troy is averaging 459.71 yard of offense a game after 7 games we allowed 34 yards more then their average.

Last year's defense, or is that, this years' defense minus Pruitt and Nwigwe, held that 2006 Troy offense to under 100 yards and nearly 8 points below their average. Man those two guys were incredible.

we allowed 34 yards more then their average.

And just for the record, you posted that, not me.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Rick

I never said we were good, just saying that Troy has been steam rolling some teams this year by more then those 34 yards. I also believe in Saturday's game that if the offense had found a way to move the ball more the Defensive stats would have been much better. The offense did have 11 3or4 and outs or less. Two were for turnovers, the 1st turnover gave Troy the ball on our 22.

I never said I did not want better, I just won't get upset until after next year. Well I may get a little upset if we look ridiculous next year, but I will try and wait until Dodge's 3rd year to be critical. I will be the most interested to see how we do with this year's recruiting class.

WARNING TO THOSE WHO WILL MISTAKE THIS FOR CALLING FOR HEADS TO ROLL. IT'S NOT.....THIS IS SIMPLY A POSTING OF FACTS ONLY, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!!!!!!

North Texas vs Troy, Scrushy/Picture Show Gallery Stadium, Troy Alabama, October 28, 2006

POS ## DEFENSE

DE 90 Chapman, J.

NT 56 Pruitt, Sky

DE 89 Burruss, Blakd

MIKE 40 Mahan, Colt

WILL 41 Holman, Maurice

ROV 53 Dawson, G.

BAN 44 Nwigwe, Tobe

FS 38 Weathers, Aaron

SS 24 Cotton, R.

CB 35 Bush, Antoine

CB 2 Green, D.

Held Omar Haugabook, Kenny Cattouse, Gary Banks and company to 14 points on 243 TOTAL YARDS and 1 turnover.

North Texas vs Troy, Scrushy/Picture Show Gallery Stadium, Troy Alabama, October 20, 2007

POS ## DEFENSE

DE 90 Chapman, Jeremi

DT 65 Miller, Joseph

DT 79 Stevenson, Mont

DE 94 Gilmore, Eddri

LB 51 Mendoza, Derek

LB 41 Holman, Maurice

LB 42 Robertson, Crai

SS 13 Agbottah, Karte

FS 38 Weathers, Aaron

CB 2 Green, Dominiqu

CB 35 Bush, Antoine

Held Omar Haugabook, Kenny Cattouse, Gary Banks and company to 45 points on 493 yards.....7 turnovers(Thank Goodness).

Sky Pruitt and Tobe Nwigwe were really, really good. :rolleyes:

Rick

Rick,

I understand what you are saying, but we are missing the following:

Pruitt, Burrus, Mahan, Dawson, and Cotton

Do they make that big of a difference? No, but like KingDL1 stated, Troy's offense is much improved over last year.

Yes, our defensive coaching has left much to be desired, outside of the ULM game, but we did force 7 turnovers and never capitalized. Much can be blamed on the offense for this. I am not calling for heads and trust Dodge will make the proper adjustments in the near future. He is too good of a coach to not take action.

Rick,

I understand what you are saying, but we are missing the following:

Pruitt, Burrus, Mahan, Dawson, and Cotton

Do they make that big of a difference? No, but like KingDL1 stated, Troy's offense is much improved over last year.

Yes, our defensive coaching has left much to be desired, outside of the ULM game, but we did force 7 turnovers and never capitalized. Much can be blamed on the offense for this. I am not calling for heads and trust Dodge will make the proper adjustments in the near future. He is too good of a coach to not take action.

I must have been seeing ghosts then as Burris, Cotten, and Mahan were still suited up.

Suited up, yes as was Brandon Monroe. Playing, no. Could these guys make a difference. You bet but never got on the field.

Did these guys not play in the first few games and do nothing special? Look at what Robertson has done in his short time. Would you rather have Monroe or others in there instead of Robertson? Who else would you rather have at CB or Safety since we are just plain bad there.

Both sides of the ball played badly in areas. The D really did make hay and got some turnovers... ...but if they didn't get a turnover, they couldn't stop the opposition.

...I have heard many state "if the Offense had capitalized on the turnovers, the outcome would be different" ...one could also say "if Troy didn't make so many mistakes, they could have hung a score on us that would make the OU game look like a cakewalk"

Troy doesn't turn over the ball like this normally. This was a bizarre game, and had they played like they usually do, we would have faced another 60-70 point loss.

The offense shares their part of the blame. Vizza didn't seem to have a good outing, and the Line certainly didn't help him any. In THIS bizarre 7 turn over game, the Offense could have made the difference, but if Troy didn't uncharacteristically turn over the ball 7 times, Troy’s score could have been twice what it was. They were scoring on us at will.

Edited by yyz28

Last year's defense, or is that, this years' defense minus Pruitt and Nwigwe, held that 2006 Troy offense to under 100 yards and nearly 8 points below their average. Man those two guys were incredible.

Rick

um....last year they had 234 yards, just a few less than their season average. 142 rush and 101 pass. This year was 137 rush (hey an improvement!!! :) and 356 pass)

Did these guys not play in the first few games and do nothing special? Look at what Robertson has done in his short time. Would you rather have Monroe or others in there instead of Robertson? Who else would you rather have at CB or Safety since we are just plain bad there.

Colt Mahan is THE FASTEST LB on the team and he is sitting the bench. Mahan was pasted over and they went straight to Robertson. Mahan was number two on the depth chart. He hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do. He is all over the field when he plays, runs to ball and makes his tackles and blocks. It just doesn't make any sense why he is not out there.

Guest JohnDenver

Colt Mahan is THE FASTEST LB on the team and he is sitting the bench. Mahan was pasted over and they went straight to Robertson. Mahan was number two on the depth chart. He hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do. He is all over the field when he plays, runs to ball and makes his tackles and blocks. It just doesn't make any sense why he is not out there.

I agree.

He is the Graves equivalent of this team..

maybe he does not practice well, maybe he is not quite the superstar you make him out to be. Speed means sh*t if you can not tackle or hold your zone.

Edited by untbowler

another Mahan fun fact:

Started the season in Oklahoma with 6 tackles, one of our ONLY two tackles for a loss and two more than 2 of the starting linebackers. Against Arkansas with very little playing time, had 4 tackles and a fumble recovery. Where is he...

ok so I retract my previous post and also ask, why is he riding the bench??

The skills of Mahan and others are tested and known. The playing time answer must be intangible, i.e., chemistry within the unit, attitude, relationship with position coaches, whatever. The analysis is fascinating...sincerely. In the end, though, we just need to get behind the guys the coaches put on the field; they are playing for good reason, known or unknown to us. IMHO.