Meager's True Colors?

tommyp

Guest JohnDenver

Where I grew up we called people maroons, not the same thing as a moron. A maroon to us meant a doofus or dork. I think we just liked how the word sounded.

'Maroon' started to be used instead of moron at my middle school immediately after 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' was popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit

The characters where Maroon Cartoons...

And at one point in the movie, they say "what a maroon.." in reference to a stupid person.

Not understanding pop culture while trying to point it out as a mistake? Priceless. What a moran. ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of the stats in the world pale in comparison to the one intangible that all good to great QB's must possess...they don't end or stop drives because of their mistakes. DM does this, sorry to say. You can say the play calling is lacking, you can say his protection is lacking, you can even bring up blocked punts but the bottom line is he makes the throws. When he looks up and sees a double or triple covered receiver he makes the throws. This "the SMU and FAU games could have been ours" talk is asinine when you consider that all it would take is throwing the ball away when you have nothing. This is something they teach in high school. None of us expected 12-0, not if we were honest with ourselves. What we did expect, though, is someone under center who could manage a game and not be a part of the problem. I know, I know it's fundamentally unfair to heap this much expectation on the QB position alone...or is it? The TD offense is PREDICATED on having a QB that can distribute the ball (to people in same colored jerseys) and move the chains. In a spread offense if your RB isn't stellar you can survive. If your DE's aren't stellar you can survive. If your OL isn't stellar you can survive. They all just have to be serviceable because your QB is outstanding. Why do you think SLC quarterbacks when player of the year every year? I don't think all of the DM apologists understand what the rest of us are getting at. We're not saying DM is a horrible quarterback (well, I'm not at least). Far from it. We're not saying he's solely responsible for losses. Far from it. We're merely saying that, in his zeal to "make a play", he often forces the play and the results are disasterous.

Well said Emmitt, your thoughts and assessment of the situation mirror mine.

Stats are always the answer. Peyton Manning had great college stats - way better than Tom Brady or Tony Romo.

How long will you guys take these posts seriously?

... because I can do this all day

Don't forget Ryan Leaf...he really had great stats. What a leader that guy was!

I was in section A for last Saturday's game, and my analysis is that Meager has either poor distance judgement or his arm is just not strong enough to hit the X man on a fly. 2 of those interception were right in front of me, and that corner knew exactly this tendency to underthrow that route toward the inside; both times he was perfectly positioned to make the pick, and he didn't have to turn his head till the last second. But Meager does hit the crossing routes and the curls quite well. He does, however, get confused by a zone blitz, and the tackles don't handle that at all well, either. I think the fact has to be faced that he cannot go long safely, and there will have to be better adjustments to the crossings and curls. The scheme worked so well in the first half, except for that one fly to the X.

I When he looks up and sees a double or triple covered receiver he makes the throws. This "the SMU and FAU games could have been ours" talk is asinine when you consider that all it would take is throwing the ball away when you have nothing. We're merely saying that, in his zeal to "make a play", he often forces the play and the results are disasterous.

Let's get the facts correct. 4 of the six picks that Meager has had came on single coverage. The team speed is much slower this year then in the past and the receivers going for the ball this year is not what it was the last two years. Yes Meager has make the throws put has the recievers done their part in going after the ball?

McK you said that the two picks were in front of you. Where was the DB when the ball left Meager's hand. In looking at the replay the DB was behind the receiver and the receiver was looking into the field. But the DB was faster in making the adjustment (into the field) to the ball then the receiver. Meager must get it in his head that the receivers he has this year are not what he has had the past two years and just throw the ball into the stands and not go for the big play this year.

Let's get the facts correct. 4 of the six picks that Meager has had came on single coverage. The team speed is much slower this year then in the past and the receivers going for the ball this year is not what it was the last two years. Yes Meager has make the throws put has the recievers done their part in going after the ball?

McK you said that the two picks were in front of you. Where was the DB when the ball left Meager's hand. In looking at the replay the DB was behind the receiver and the receiver was looking into the field. But the DB was faster in making the adjustment (into the field) to the ball then the receiver. Meager must get it in his head that the receivers he has this year are not what he has had the past two years and just throw the ball into the stands and not go for the big play this year.

Here's a thought:

Could Meager be playing "wrecklessly" looking to make the big play in order to keep his job?

Everyone knows he's on a short leash and that Vizza is breathing down his neck (at least many here like to think that :lol: ).

Edited by Got5onIt

I think all of the stats in the world pale in comparison to the one intangible that all good to great QB's must possess...they don't end or stop drives because of their mistakes. DM does this, sorry to say. You can say the play calling is lacking, you can say his protection is lacking, you can even bring up blocked punts but the bottom line is he makes the throws. When he looks up and sees a double or triple covered receiver he makes the throws. This "the SMU and FAU games could have been ours" talk is asinine when you consider that all it would take is throwing the ball away when you have nothing. This is something they teach in high school. None of us expected 12-0, not if we were honest with ourselves. What we did expect, though, is someone under center who could manage a game and not be a part of the problem. I know, I know it's fundamentally unfair to heap this much expectation on the QB position alone...or is it? The TD offense is PREDICATED on having a QB that can distribute the ball (to people in same colored jerseys) and move the chains. In a spread offense if your RB isn't stellar you can survive. If your DE's aren't stellar you can survive. If your OL isn't stellar you can survive. They all just have to be serviceable because your QB is outstanding. Why do you think SLC quarterbacks when player of the year every year? I don't think all of the DM apologists understand what the rest of us are getting at. We're not saying DM is a horrible quarterback (well, I'm not at least). Far from it. We're not saying he's solely responsible for losses. Far from it. We're merely saying that, in his zeal to "make a play", he often forces the play and the results are disasterous.

VERY well put.

Here's a thought:

Could Meager be playing "wrecklessly" looking to make the big play in order to keep his job?

Everyone knows he's on a short leash and that Vizza is breathing down his neck (at least many here like to think that :lol: ).

That could be part of it, but he has always forced things to me since he has been here. When Vizza is in the pocket he plays like he has a job to do - get rid of the football.....when Meager is in the pocket he plays almost like he doesn't appear to know totally what to do - i.e. happy feet, not getting rid of the ball when he should.

VERY well put.

i.e. happy feet, not getting rid of the ball when he should.

And you know this how?????? Last game I did not see alot of open receivers running around looking for the ball. In the second half FAU was playing 6 or 7 on 3 with the right side playing one on one

And you know this how?????? Last game I did not see alot of open receivers running around looking for the ball. In the second half FAU was playing 6 or 7 on 3 with the right side playing one on one

Well for starters, he isn't getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion because he is getting sacked. If there isn't an open reciever fine, throw the ball away.

Well for starters, he isn't getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion because he is getting sacked. If there isn't an open reciever fine, throw the ball away.

He probably held the ball too long a few times, but some of those sacks have been because there was no protection at all and the defense just blew through the line. I was surprised by how easily FAU got pressure with only a four-man rush and later with just three linemen.